LA 2017 MLS Concept

mattb6

I started thinking about taking on a soccer league redesign, and this was my idea for an LA-based team. The Los Angeles Republic Football Club. I figured it would work as the 2017 MLS team also, so I decided to post it.

DOsc4t0.png

About: The name LA Republic FC comes from the California Republic. The bear in the logo comes from the California state flag, with a few adjustments here and there. The grape and oranges on the side symbolizes California's citrus and wine industry, and came from the LA city seal. The zig-zags in the background mimicks the LA city flag. A circle with an LAFC monogram is present on the bottom, with a Latin motto for the team "Simul Ambulate," or "walk together" (reference to the bear walking forward.) Los Angeles Republic Football Club adorns the top of the crest. The crest is a very European-style, because I'm pretty fond of that type of crest. The team name follows in the recent trend of the MLS not having gimmicky nicknames and typically having FC at the end. I may put together uniforms for the crest also. Any actual C&C (not just "AWESOME!" is appreciated.) Enjoy!

spacer.png

That's a very nice attempt at a crest.

The only problem is that the fine folks in Sacramento might want a word with you.

Sacramento_Republic_FC.png

Wasn't even aware of that team, haha. I originally made the crest for a fictional league, so in that world SRFC woudn't be around.

spacer.png

That's a very nice attempt at a crest.

The only problem is that the fine folks in Sacramento might want a word with you.

Sacramento_Republic_FC.png

Wasn't even aware of that team, haha. I originally made the crest for a fictional league, so in that world SRFC woudn't be around.

If it's for a fictional league that's fine.

However you might want to change things up a bit if you are making this as a concept for the real LA2 team. Especially since the Sacramento Republic have a good chance of entering MLS in a few years.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

UpperV03 is right. There are too many things going on in the crest.

• You have LAFC twice, essentially (the monogram and the full name).
  • The bear and star
  • The zig-zags
  • Simul Ambulate and the banner
  • The olives and the oranges

Instead of including all of these, I would focus on some key items: the bear, the monogram, simul ambulate and banner (this alone could be a good starting point for revisions).

Also an idea for the olives and oranges, if you're set on including them: eliminate the vines/leaves and isolate on one olive and one orange. Or just include those colors in some capacity.

If you wanted to differentiate from Sacramento, then maybe use the lion from the LA seal...?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived