VC is leaving the raptors

AAO

on the Raptors home page, on the top, it has donyell marshall, rafer alston, and this other white guy i dont even know. about a week or two ago, VC was on it. now he's gone. there have been reports of Carter going to Dallas in a three team trade that would involve Antoine Walker. But don't expect to see VC in a Raptors uni next year...bet on that.

it isnt mentioned on their home page. if they changed the heading, then they would have put it on the home page. vc's name is still on the roster list, and nothing is mentioned on nba.com. carter being traded would have been headline news. ill watch for it on sports net tommorow, but i dout he is gone.

(coming from a hardcore raps fan)

if i would have heard this a few years ago, i probably would have cried myself to sleep. in the 2 or 3 years the raptors were actually decent, i friggin worshipped Vince. but i, along with 90% of Raptors fans, have completely lost faith in him. when he is healthy, and actually motivated to play, i believe he is one of the top 5 players in the entire NBA. but those conditions come so few and far between, that i think the raps would be better off without him.

the thing is, his value has dropped SO much, i really don't think the raps would be able to get anything decent in return. part of me wants him to be traded, but part of me wants him to stay because he brings SO many people to the ACC, and if attendance dwindles in Toronto, it wont take long for Stern to completely pull the plug on the NBA in Canada. :cry::flagcanada:

...which sucks royally. They might as well fold the franchise. Unless they get a guy with similar star quality, or start winning immediately, Toronto will lose interest, and we'll have the Vancouver Grizzlies cycle all over again. I know I'm sliding down a slippery slope fallacy here, but it just seems so obvious to me.

Don't expect Raptors basketball in 2010.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

MLSE has to rid themselves of Richard Peddie, this guy has nothing but meddle in affairs that do not concern him. He has created huge discontent in at least the Raptors dressing room and I am sure the same can be said about the Leafs. He refused to listen to VC while choosing a GM, he must go! :cursing:

I agree with epper in some respects though, VC needs a helluva lot more motivation, but perhaps this is due in no small part to Peddie. Even if he was traded the Raptors will not receive anything near what they deserve for him. Perhaps they should have traded him for AI a few years ago like the rumours suggested :wacko:

it isnt mentioned on their home page. if they changed the heading, then they would have put it on the home page. vc's name is still on the roster list, and nothing is mentioned on nba.com. carter being traded would have been headline news. ill watch for it on sports net tommorow, but i dout he is gone.

icecap, i didnt say he GOT traded. i said the home page was hinting more towards the fact that VC was leaving. i know he hasnt been traded yet, but i have a strong feeling that its on the horizon. VC wants out, even with the arrival of skip. dallas is looking for him, as it says in an article from nba.com.

The carter off the banner thing is probably a good sign that he is gone, when i was working there we would get calls all the time about removing certain images/references, or focus on certain things, and sure enough what they said would happen happened.

I think ridding themselves of Carter might be the best move the Raptors could make, in terms of play on the court... Carter's attitude on and off the court is that of immaturity, and not something I could see as a leader.

I'm counting on the arrivals from New York along with Jalen Rose stepping up to more than make up for the absence of Vince.

Look how "good" the Raptors were last year when Vince was healthy for almost every game... look how they performed in 2002 while he was playing, look how they played that season after he announced he was sitting out the rest of the season and playoffs.

Vince basically demanded a trade, there's no way in hell a team would fire it's president because a player demanded it... Vince was holding the team hostage.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

The carter off the banner thing is probably a good sign that he is gone, when i was working there we would get calls all the time about removing certain images/references, or focus on certain things, and sure enough what they said would happen happened.

Wow, that is some dang powerful banner artistry if you had that kind of effect. Almost like scorcery.

I think ridding themselves of Carter might be the best move the Raptors could make, in terms of play on the court... Carter's attitude on and off the court is that of immaturity, and not something I could see as a leader.

I'm counting on the arrivals from New York along with Jalen Rose stepping up to more than make up for the absence of Vince.

Look how "good" the Raptors were last year when Vince was healthy for almost every game... look how they performed in 2002 while he was playing, look how they played that season after he announced he was sitting out the rest of the season and playoffs.

Vince basically demanded a trade, there's no way in hell a team would fire it's president because a player demanded it... Vince was holding the team hostage.

And to you my good sir, I offer the venerable Jay Onrait ....

Jay's Column

I know it starts off about Shaq, but keep reading ....

And to you my good sir, I offer the venerable Jay Onrait ....

Jay's Column

I know it starts off about Shaq, but keep reading ....

Leave it to a former Manitoba morning show anchor to agree with me.

That part about Shandon Anderson is hilarious. Even if the Raptors would get a comparable producer to Vince, it still wouldn't work. Think Shareef in Vancouver... he played like an all-star, but didn't have the style or presence to sell tickets.

At this point trading Vince would be the worst possible decision... you're not going to get comparable talent, you're not going to get comparable star quality, and unless the new coach has some big surprises up his sleeve that are going to get the Raps at least 40-45 wins, expect the ACC to be one empty hangar.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Why does Dallas try and get every player of that style?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Dallas needs to realize there is a thing called having too much talent, and you can't win like that. I don't know how they can get out of this style but it certainly isn't winning them championships.

Archived