Yet another NBA concept series - Pelicans logos (1 1/2/30)

Jammar

So,here we go. First concept round here... And it's going to be another of those NBA redesign series where one does logos and uniforms for the entire league. Some of them are just going to be recolours-fixes,others are going to be complete redesigns (E.g. Thunder will undergo a complete change: From logo to colour scheme - Don't tell me they don't need it!)

The teams have no particular order,it's going by whichever team comes to my mind first.

So here is a preview of the first team to get their identity butchered: The Brooklyn Nets...

This is what I think will be the primary logo. Basically the current,über-boring logo with a new colour scheme. I may or may not change the font of the letters - here's where I need your advice before I move on to the alternate logos,which will probably be completely new

wyA1REl.png

So: The silver comes from... nowhere.I just liked it. Won't be on the unis.

Orange,well,a basketball is orange. Won't be on the unis either.

Red and blue: NJ Nets colours.

Black and white: Old Brooklyn Nets colours.

Main uni: White/red/blue/black

Road uni: Blue/red/white/black

Alternate uni: Red/black/white/blue

Now that you mention the Knicks... yes I can see it. I may make it red,after all orange isn't part of the actual colour scheme that's the old Nets with a little bit of BFBS thrown in (and excuse me for that,I tried to see it as a mix of the two identities but I admit it feels BFBS).

So the two main colors of the logo aren't used anywhere else? I would discourage that. If you like silver, make it a real part of the color scheme. I would avoid the orange, though--blue and orange belong to the Knicks. Also, your strokes are very thin; think about how the logo will work when it is small or when it is printed as a patch. The thin red stroke around the Nets lettering and the tiny red/blue/red striping surrounding the logo might be impossible to create, but even if it could be done, it surely would be impossible to see from any distance that isn't very close.

award%20sig.png

Fair point,but I thought 5-6 colours in one uniform was too much. I'll try changing some things,and now that I look at it the shape is a bit wonky. Going to change the outlines a bit as well,thanks for that suggestion.And weird nobody has yet complained about the BFBS.

Something else: Pelicans or Hornets for team 2? The former will need a huge facelift as I hate their current look...

i don't understand why you are using 2 colors as main in the logo and don't plan to use them in the uniforms. the outline of the ball makes it seem out of place( it should match the out line of everything else) the way you have it colored now just makes it look like a colored mess but i do like the idea of trying to incoperate all the colors of the newyork teams.

also if you are set on making the ball orange i wouldn't use red on the out line of the "B" or anywhere else i know you wont to use the NJ Nets colors but i would suggest this. as I mentioned before; Drop Red, Keep Blue(Darken it), Orange, Black, And Silver(try using them in the uniforms). Right Now it just has too many colors that aren't going to be used anywhere else.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Silver will sort of be used in the primary uniform. Albeit a very light silver. It's not going to be conventional by NBA standards. Does anyone know any good "script" font? I want to try something for the alt wordmark...

Silver will sort of be used in the primary uniform. Albeit a very light silver. It's not going to be conventional by NBA standards. Does anyone know any good "script" font? I want to try something for the alt wordmark...

it depends on what kind of vibe you want whether it be old school or modern

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Not good. Color scheme of Light Blue and Red should't be paired with Black and White, and the orange basketball throws the logo way south.

By "south" I mean way down, or bad.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I'll try incorporating the scheme in a better way indeed... Loads of changes will actually be made. Thanks for the suggestions. Will post the badge update + secondary logo (if it turns as I think it will) in a more appropriate hour later...

So here is the final logo sheet + wordmarks for the home/road unis (open the spoiler):

NRDBhpL.png

The logo has been completely changed,RWB being the focal point with black acting more as an actual part of the scheme and less than an afterthought. I tried to incorporate "Brooklyn" into the logo without doing a Thunder,and I hope I did so! The "B" on the ball,which has been recoloured red/blue,is replaced with a "script" "BN" in which - to avoid misunderstanding - the "B" is for Brooklyn and "N" for Nets. The font is one I found that was similar to the NJ Nets logo font,so I thought I'd use it here. The secondary logo - the obligatory roundel! - is the ball from the primary logo,while the tertiary logo - which will be used on the shorts - is the primary shield yet with just the "BN" script inside it.

Uniforms coming later today or tomorrow,depends on my time. For the next team you choose - and it's been mentioned before! - between Hornets or Pelicans.

Archived