New Fictional Sports League: United Reflex League (Nashville/Arizona/Portland Logos - 3/4/16)

Wildcomet

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm Inovators... Intrasting name. I like both logos and color design this is awesome for San José

Thanks!

Since it looks like discussion died down on the Innovators I think I'll move on to the next team. Give a warm greeting to the Columbus Explorers! The primary is based off a compass rose, and the secondary is meant to combine a capital C with a sail in the negative space; the cross in the sail is similar to those on Columbus' ships. Hope you all enjoy!

CLB%20Explorers%20Logo_zpsnpoz34mn.pngCLB%20Explorers%202ndary%20Logo_zps4wokw

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Great name, but the only thing I gotta say is, was this name, logo, and team color design based off of Madden's relocation to Columbus in the games? Cause they have the same name, almost same logo, and color scheme (there's has more red and yellow I think). But other than that it looks good not your best but still good

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Great name, but the only thing I gotta say is, was this name, logo, and team color design based off of Madden's relocation to Columbus in the games? Cause they have the same name, almost same logo, and color scheme (there's has more red and yellow I think). But other than that it looks good not your best but still good

Thanks, appreciate the comments and that information. It's not based off that (I don't have that version of Madden and didn't even think to look at that stuff when researching to be honest) but I can definitely see that they are similar designs and colors. I actually based the colors off Ohio State, with darker shades worked in help add depth to the logo. I'll admit I didn't come out of this thinking it was my favorite design ever either; I liked how it came out but it does lack some in creativity. Knowing about the Madden thing now I may rebrand them in a future season of the league (leaning towards expansion teams being part of this series' future). I'm also brainstorming some adjustments to the secondary. Having gotten some time from it to look more objectively there does seem to be something off that's holding it back a bit.

The second red looks too much like pink for my taste, but otherwise I love it. Also maybe if you do expansions you could set up a poll and have people vote on cities/names and send in their logo concepts for the new teams.

I'd be willing to do something along those lines for the expansion teams.

I tried to fix up the secondary logo and I think I got it a bit better. What you all think?

CLB%20Explorers%202ndary%20Logo%20v1.2_z

It does look a little better.

Some suggestions

1 making the cross in the middle more Spanish/Portugese such as his was http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27397579I found this photo of a replica ship on Google for help

2 making the sail a little more squarey

3 maybe make the C a little more profound, or something

4 I dont know if this is good help or not

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

It does look a little better.

Some suggestions

1 making the cross in the middle more Spanish/Portugese such as his was http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27397579I found this photo of a replica ship on Google for help

2 making the sail a little more squarey

3 maybe make the C a little more profound, or something

4 I dont know if this is good help or not

This helps quite a bit, thanks! I think I'm going to come back to this logo, but I'm going to step back from it for a bit so I can approach it with a fresh mind. I will keep this stuff in mind when the time comes though. Until then I'm going to keep going with other logos I have ready to share.

I think this could be a good time to present some of the secondary logos for teams I already presented, so I hope you all enjoy! C&C as always is appreciated.

The Sids' secondary is based off an obsidian arrowhead. I thought about changing the colors since on lower lit screens it can be hard to tell the dark colors apart, but I really like how they play off each other and it kind of has the same quality as real-life obsidian where the amount of color that's visible depends on the light it's in.

ABQ%20Obsidians%202ndary%20Logo_zpsw6lx6

The alpha's secondary is based off a symbol for alpha, with a couple additions to make it appear that you can see a t and l shape in the ends of the symbol. It's also meant to appear as one piece of material twisted around to give the two different colors.

ATL%20Alphas%202ndary%20Logo_zpscjmmggns

Returning to the league's inaugural team in Austin, the Steampunks' secondary is a fairly straightforward A inside of a gear. We felt this would fit the team's steampunk theme and keep the identity from getting too out there to maintain it's general audience appeal.

AUS%20Steampunks%202ndary%20Logo_zpsonb0

The last one takes us up to Milwaukee for the Nightriders. The barley and hops reflects Milwaukee's history with beer; the barley is meant to form the handlebars of a chopper with the hops in the headlight.

MKE%20Nightriders%202ndary%20Logo_zpsfjy

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'm certainly open to switching the primary and secondary logos for the Obsidians; I might do a separate post for that in the future or just include switched logos in a related post (uniforms or something). I also like the idea of putting everything on one image, and I'm planning to play around with that once I turn my attention to getting uniforms and courts made for teams which should be soon.

I actually don't think you should switch the Sids logos I think the primary should stay the primary. But I guess they do look similar as logos

Maybe change the secondary logo from a rock-like thing to maybe idk the symbol for New Mexico or Albuquerque (cause EVERYBODY loves the New Mexico symbol) but change the colors to the black and greenish gray

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

I actually don't think you should switch the Sids logos I think the primary should stay the primary. But I guess they do look similar as logos

Maybe change the secondary logo from a rock-like thing to maybe idk the symbol for New Mexico or Albuquerque (cause EVERYBODY loves the New Mexico symbol) but change the colors to the black and greenish gray

I agree with the first part you said. The logos don't need to be switched. The secondary would work well as a shoulder patch on the uniforms or something like that. That New Mexico symbol you are talking about is called the Zia symbol, so for an actual team to use that as their logo, they would need permission from the Zia Pueblo (they own the symbol). I think the current secondary fits with the Obsidians theme, so I wouldn't change it. I wouldn't change the color scheme either, because it fits the theme very well also.

Anyway, all of the other secondary logos look great. I especially like what you did with Austin and Milwaukee. Nice job!

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Archived