Best uniform match ups in each sport.

clonewars2008

My favourite uniform match-up in the AFL is Collingwood versus Geelong:

joel-selwood_1vp74hmex8c8t17ro4jyebu4z5.

Two classic uniforms that have changed very little since the two teams entered the league in 1897, plus you have the contrast between the horizontal and vertical stripes of the jumpers.

The player on the far right looks like he has a farmer's tan. I realize it's the uniform, but it looks like he has Caucasian shoulders, especially on the side where the lines are broken by the other player's arm.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

This might be an unpopular opinion, but the Bears unis do absolutely nothing for me and might be the most overrated unis in sports. The dark blue/pale orange combo looks washed out and always will.

This might be the best matchup possible today:

26giants-eli-articleLarge.jpg

NY was way ahead of its time going less-is-more retro in 2000. Flash forward 15 years and their home blues are still among the freshest in the league. GB, unlike Chicago, has a simple style that doesn't feel dated and underwhelming. KC vs. NYG would be a great matchup too thanks to the primary color contrast vs. NY.

Archived