MLS | D.C. United Rebrand – UPDATE: Revised DC star logo 8/11

Go Red Sox!

WOW great work but it seems black has became too close to them to change it now despite that the logos themselves are just beautiful. I really like the pentagon logo too. The DC logo would be my only problem here. The update helps but I don't even think the identity needs a DC logo.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

WOW great work but it seems black has became too close to them to change it now despite that the logos themselves are just beautiful. I really like the pentagon logo too. The DC logo would be my only problem here. The update helps but I don't even think the identity needs a DC logo.

Thanks, Jake. I'm just not a fan of black-red-white. And I thought red-white-blue is perfect for D.C. That's why I decided to replace black with navy.

I agree that the package doesn't need the DC logo, but on the other hand it's not hurting anyone. ;-)

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Another great rebrand by Go Red Sox!

That looks perfect. Try one logo with DC's flag.

The Pentagon logo already has the parts of D.C.'s flag in it: The two red stripes and the three stars. They're red on the flag. I just colored them white and placed them in two rows to enhance the pentagon's top.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

DC United on the primary needs to be white, with the blue and red it makes it hard to read. good concept, maybe make the blue more navy.

I think its a good concept, but I don't thinks its a good concept for DC United, being a founding member and always being black and red, it would be hard to change that, plus new england has that look really already and the whole "america" designs for DC teams is so cliche

DC United on the primary needs to be white, with the blue and red it makes it hard to read. good concept, maybe make the blue more navy.

I think its a good concept, but I don't thinks its a good concept for DC United, being a founding member and always being black and red, it would be hard to change that, plus new england has that look really already and the whole "america" designs for DC teams is so cliche

Thanks for your comment.

The midnight navy in my concept is even darker(!) than the midnight navy the Boston Red Sox are using (Red Sox: R 0 G 34 B 68, mine: R 0 31 G 58). They have one of the darkest shades of navy in major sports. I think it's either your computer screen or phone display that is relatively far away from being color-proof. That's probably also the reason why it is hard for you to read "DC United" on the shield. The contrast between the midnight navy background and the red typo is definitely sufficient in order to be easily readable.

This is fantastic. One of my favorite updates I've seen on here in a long time.

Thank you very much.

+1

EDIT: +2 for the Pentagon reference.

Thanks a lot.

Archived