MLS Uniform Re-Hash - Chicago Fire (1/20)

Jammar

Concept:

What if the MLS let each team have their own uniform supplier? This is exactly what this series will be about: Re-hashing MLS 2015 (so no LAFC or Atl Utd sorry!) with each team having their own supplier. I decided to actually limit the teams to four per supplier,so that no brand dominates the league.Five companies (Adidas,Nike,New Balance,Puma and Umbro) each get four MLS teams.

The team order is kinda random,it's actually the order my PC displays the .ai files in the folder.

First team: The Chicago Fire.

Nothing too fancy here,home uniform red with a navy blue crew neck and white chest hoop,road reverses the white and red but has a navy chest hoop and blue shorts as well. Supplied by Puma.

nm7WKkU.jpg

Thanks to raysox for the template,which I have adapted to match the brands' 2015 uniform designs and cuts.

Up next (probably tomorrow around noon) : The Columbus Crew,supplied by New Balance.

I love the design, but the Quaker face just doesn't look right with the colors reversed.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Love the colors on the away kit -- a great compliment to the all-red home kit.

I agree with CRichardson that the Quaker face looks a little strange on the home. Also, there appears to be a gray box around the Quaker logo that looks strange. Not sure if that was on purpose but I would suggest removing it.

I would also remove that grayish box, but otherwise, this is a really nice set. Who would you take as your sponsor? I would take Adidas, as I think they make the nicest kits.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Erm... I see,it's actually a transparency error. Will update it a bit later into the thread... If anyone has a better quality Quaker logo I'd be thankful if they could send it my way for all versions I found were not this exact logo. For now here's the Crew:

52He8d1.jpg

Both unis are actually relatively simple,collared uniforms with just a contrasting stripe along the upper back. The away is pretty new,as I decided to use a charcoal grey main colour complete with yellow details and a black collar. I also decided to keep these sponsorless to contribute more to the "classic" look.Up next: FC Dallas,tailored by Umbro (NOT sorry for the pun).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived