MLS 2015-Onward (2016 FC Dallas Kits)

mattb6

ozPRbej.png

With all the alternate sport league histories taking place on the boards, I decided to put my own spin on the concept. It's the alternate history of Major League Soccer, starting with the 2016 season (even though I will crown a champion for the current 2015 season). It works like this- I'll create a new set of uniforms each season for each team. Hopefully, no exact uniform will be reused like the current two-year cycle in MLS. I will create new logos for teams when I see fit, and traditions will be broken or created along with the series. As for the actual seasons, I will basically randomize the standings, and create stats for the leading goalscorers, etc. Current players, whether in MLS or overseas, will be used until I start phasing them out with fictional players (starting with the 2016 Draft; current college players will not be used).

The seasons will be ran as follows:

1. Kits released daily (not a promise) for each team for the upcoming season

2. Summer transfers

3. Regular season table released, along with golden boot winner and goalkeeper of the year winners.

4. Playoffs results (format subject to change), along with player of the tournament

5. Winter transfers

I'll try to have new content every day, and some things won't follow the outline (expansion announcements, league announcements, etc.)

So, without farther ado, enjoy!

SEASON RESULTS

Eastern Conference

Western Conference

Supporter's Shield

Golden Boot

Goalkeeper of the Year

PLAYOFF RESULTS

TEAM KITS

Chicago Fire Soccer Club 2016

Colorado Rapids 2016

Columbus Crew Soccer Club 2016

Football Club Dallas 2016

spacer.png

2015 SEASON (20th MLS Season)

The 2015 MLS regular season saw many European stars make their way to the league. Spanish World Cup champion David Villa joined expansion side New York City Football Club, and Brazilian football legend Kaka joined fellow expansion team Orlando City Soccer Club. Other pre-season acquisitions included former Sporting Kansas City forward Kei Kamara returning to MLS for the Columbus Crew, and Juventes star Sebastian Giovinco came over to Toronto FC. Controversy surrounded Frank Lampard, as the English international was loaned from NYCFC to parent club Manchester City, causing him to miss much of the 2015 MLS season.

The 20th MLS season kicked off after Los Angeles Galaxy won their record fifth MLS title. New signing Sebastian Giovinco proved to be one of the best players in MLS, coming in second for the Golden Boot, behind only fellow new signing Kei Kamara of Columbus Crew SC.

New players arrived during the season from Europe including Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard and Mexican international Givoani dos Santos to LA Galaxy, Juventes legend Andrea Pirlo to NYCFC, and Chelsea striker Didier Drogba signing with Montreal Impact.

The playoff race in the Western Conference came down to the wire, with San Jose edging out FC Dallas by one point for the sixth and final spot. The Eastern Conference race wasn't quite as tight, as Toronto FC cruised into the final spot with four points more than New York City, whose high profile signings failed to bring them to the playoffs in their first season. Sporting Kansas City captured their first Supporter's shield since rebranding from Kansas City Wiz.

Several story lines loomed large as the MLS Cup Playoffs were set to begin. Los Angeles Galaxy captain Robbie Keane went down with a torn hamstring that occured in training prior to the team's final regular season match, giving a tough blow to the Galaxy's chances. Vancouver Whitecaps goalkeeper David Ousted also went down with a concussion sustained late in the season, keeping him out of the playoffs.

Eastern Conference final standings:

6HHKWXW.png

Western Conference Final Standings:

5PUnxAE.png

Supporter's Shield:

S27JrK7.png

*Note: Standings as of August 20th were used, with the rest of the games being simulated

Playoff write-up will be up in a bit.

spacer.png

How are you simulating these games?

I'm running it similar to how Veras does it with his awesome fictional league. Each team is given a rating from 1-50 based on players and how they did the previous season. Ratings can change during the season to account for form and "injuries" that I throw in for suspense/realism. For each game, the team gets a chance for each point in their rating. If they're rated a 7, they have seven chances. One chance is given for home field advantage. The chances of the team and their opponents are figuratively "put in a hat" and I "draw" two. Two chances drawn for one team equals a win, a chance drawn for each team equals a draw. When it comes to the playoffs I make up what would be a realistic score. I hope that makes some degree of sense.

spacer.png

How are you simulating these games?

I'm running it similar to how Veras does it with his awesome fictional league. Each team is given a rating from 1-50 based on players and how they did the previous season. Ratings can change during the season to account for form and "injuries" that I throw in for suspense/realism. For each game, the team gets a chance for each point in their rating. If they're rated a 7, they have seven chances. One chance is given for home field advantage. The chances of the team and their opponents are figuratively "put in a hat" and I "draw" two. Two chances drawn for one team equals a win, a chance drawn for each team equals a draw. When it comes to the playoffs I make up what would be a realistic score. I hope that makes some degree of sense.
That's very clever. It is easy to be rigged but if it's kept unbiased, it's a great tactic

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I never thought of doing ASGs, but I suppose I could. There will definitely be reform because the current format sucks, IMO.

MLS CUP PLAYOFFS

As they playoffs began, the Cup was anyones to take. With the worst team (record wise) in possession of Sebastian Giovinco, Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore, some thought these would be the best playoffs to date. To kick things off Toronto FC sent the Crew packing behind a Giovinco goal and assist. The Timbers and Impact easily sent there respective opponents, San Jose and New England, home, while Los Angeles Galaxy and Seattle Sounders played what would be the most exciting game of the tournament.

The Sounders were up 2-1 with goals form Obafemi Martins and Clint Dempsey before Chad Marshall committed a bad foul just outside the box. Giovani dos Santos converted from the set piece to tie the game at two a piece. After no goals were scored in extra time, the game went to penalties where LA came away victors. In the semifinals, Toronto FC took care of the favored DC United squad 5-2 on aggregate. New York Red Bulls also ousted Montreal easily, setting up a Red Bulls-Reds conference final. Meanwhile in the West, Sporting KC defeated LA Galaxy 3-2 on aggregate, following a 3-0 SKC win in Kansas City. Vancouver narrowly defeated Portland 5-4 on aggregate behind 3 goals from Octavio Rivero.

Next up were the conference finals where Toronto FC easily took care of the Red Bulls on aggregate, 6-2, which saw a hat trick from Giovinco in the first game, a 4-1 Toronto FC win. On the other side of the bracket was Sporting Kansas City facing off against Vancouver Whitecaps. The first game was a 3-3 draw in Kansas City. As the series moved to Vancouver, it was announced David Ousted would miss the final game due to a bad flu. Even with Paolo Tornaghi in the net, Vancouver held a 1-0 lead after the first half. After Dom Dwyer equalized in 65th minute, Sporting KC needed a win in order to advance. That came in the 82nd minute, when Krisztian Nemeth fired in a cross that Benny Feilhaber met and headed in. This set up a Sporting Kansas City-Toronto FC championship.

The week leading up to the Championship game, USMNT midfielder and Sporting KC star Graham Zusi promised to bring the cup back to Kansas City, where it had previously been in 2013. Fellow U.S. internation Jozy Altidore of Toronto FC dismissed what Zusi said, saying that the cup was "ours to lose." After the trash-talking died down, the two teams took the pitch to crown the 20th MLS Champions.

Toronto FC had many chances early in the game, including a Robbie Findley shot that fired off the crossbar and into Tim Melia's hands. SKC's defense did eventually fall victim to Sebastian Giovinco's relentless attack, and TFC got on the board first in the 36th minute. Sporting Kansas City came out of the half energized, and got an equalizer thanks to Benny Feilhaber in the 49th minute. Sporting Kansas thought they scored the goal to put them on top in the 59th minute, but Dom Dwyer was controversially ruled offsides. Another key moment in the match came when Benoit Cheyrou of Toronto appeared to be fouled inside the box. Instead, the referee made no call and Sporting Kansas City jumped into a counter-attack. Nemeth dribbled the ball up the pitch and passed it off to Graham Zusi. Zusi fired a cross in, which Dom Dwyer received and fired in the top left corner of the net, giving SKC the lead at the 72nd minute. The game remained scoreless, and Sporting Kansas City won their third MLS Cup.

Although his team didn't come out on top, Sebastian Giovinco was named Player of the Tournament.

2OC0Dqb.png

Next up will be the team kits and offseason happenings for the 2016 season.

spacer.png

That would actually be skc's third MLS cup not second

Sporting doesn't seem eager to claim the Wiz title (they only wear one star above their badge) so for that reason they'll wear two stars next season which is why I said second title.

(Also, there's a bit of a preview to the new SKC crest, I totally forgot to use what would be the current crest.)

spacer.png

I am chill, I tried to correct him and then he comes back and is still wrong

I apologize. I was looking at (apparently) too old of pictures of Graham Zusi when looking for the stars worn, and since they're stacked they don't appear on the jerseys due to creases, etc. sometimes. My bad, I'll have three stars when I release the jerseys.

spacer.png

Chicago Fire Soccer Club 2016 Kits

4yoPiIi.png

Primary Kit: The signature Chicago Fire stripe is on the chest, containing the Quaker logo. A shrinking sublimated stripe motif (I've had this down since well before Spurs' away kit came out FWIW) fades off to the pants that are solid red with white adidas stripes. The unique Chicago flag adorns the back of the jersey above the name and number, which use the MLS font that's been in use since 2015.

Secondary Kit: A navy blue change kit with white shorts and navy socks is the Fire's look for 2016. Instead of the usual solid-color look, Chicago opted for a traditional look with white shorts. Fading red pinstripes adorn the kit, a nod to the Chicago gang scene, and also fire rising.

Third Kit: The third kit is Chicago flag inspired, with a two baby blue bars on the front of the jersey. The crest is also recolored using baby blue and red. Four red stars are present on the back of the jersey under the numbers, also a nod to the Chicago flag. The socks also feature a unique Chicago flag motif.

After passing on Didier Drogba and finishing tied for second last in the league last year, Chicago hoped for a better year. Harrison Shipp was starting to develop well, along with fellow homegrown player Chris Ritter who scored two goals in Chicago's final three games of the previous season. Although no high-profile signings were made in the winter transfer window, Chicago was shooting for a playoff spot, and hoped players such as Gilberto, Shaun Maloney, David Accam could lead them to a place they hadn't been five of the last six years.

Next up will be Colorado Rapids, who finished tied with Chicago for second worst in the league.

spacer.png

Wow, that third kit is one of the best that I've ever seen. The primary kit is fine, there's nothing too out there with this, which definitely not a bad thing. The change kit has 1 issue that I can think of, this collar should be red. It's still a good look though. My favorite thing though is the change of the Quaker logo.

That's what- She

Colorado Rapids 2016 Kits

smFUi3M.png

Primary Kit: A classic claret and blue color scheme is the focus of the kit, with blue sleeves on the claret base. A unique V-like collar is present on the kit, exclusive to the Rapids. A geometric mountain pattern is sublimated on the kit. The predominant claret kit is bared with blue shorts and claret and blue striped socks.

Secondary Kit: The change kit features a silver, white and claret color scheme, although blue is still present in the crest. A traditional crew neck is used, and the mountain pattern returns, this time fading from silver to white. The shorts and socks are both solid silver/grey with white adidas stripes.

After the team's second consecutive disappointing finish, management looked to bring in a star from Europe. Players rumored were Xabi Alonso, former Real Madrid and current FC Bayern midfielder, and Chieck Diabate, Bordeaux striker. Colorado hoped to finish within the top 8 of the West.

spacer.png

Archived