E A Sports NHL Screenshots Out

Brass

Screenshots for EA Sports NHL 2005 were releashed a while ago, but just thought I'd share 'em.

Screenshots

Hopefully this game doesn't suck completey like NHL 2004.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Graphically, it's hard to say. Are those the PS2 shots or PC? I can't tell much difference between 2004 and this one, except the graphics are a bit sharper, and there are real hockey company logos on the boards.

I didn't think the game was that bad, but it needs to be tweaked better. I played my games very fast (5 minute periods), and everyone flew down the ice. But the AI was very hard...it was hard for me to hold leads. Whenever I played good D, especially the penalty kill, there was always someone free in the slot for a one-timer.

The camera angles should be adjusted a little better. I like a close overhead shot, but you have no way of knowing if you have an open teammate in the slot. I could never do the same plays that the computer could do because I couldn't see my teammates.

One other thing that bugged me was a free puck near my players that I couldn't touch. I would control the closest player, but they would never turn around to touch the puck. It was frustrating to see a puck just sitting there. By the time my player could turn around, the other team skated off with it.

I think the opponent could block passes and shots way too easily. I could have a breakway, no one within 10 feet. But my blade would never touch the puck. An impossible steal or block form the opponent who was too far away realistically to intercept it.

The game needs to adhere to the rules, too...If someone is in the crease, the goal should not be allowed. It's the old NHL 93 interference trick again.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Get ESPN Hockey, it's far better than Ea

Well not when it comes to PC--I refuse to buy a console---they're a scam...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

the nhl games they put out now are a joke. ive quit bothering with sports games, i focus my attention on rpgs.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Graphically, it's hard to say. Are those the PS2 shots or PC? I can't tell much difference between 2004 and this one, except the graphics are a bit sharper, and there are real hockey company logos on the boards.

I didn't think the game was that bad, but it needs to be tweaked better. I played my games very fast (5 minute periods), and everyone flew down the ice. But the AI was very hard...it was hard for me to hold leads. Whenever I played good D, especially the penalty kill, there was always someone free in the slot for a one-timer.

The camera angles should be adjusted a little better. I like a close overhead shot, but you have no way of knowing if you have an open teammate in the slot. I could never do the same plays that the computer could do because I couldn't see my teammates.

One other thing that bugged me was a free puck near my players that I couldn't touch. I would control the closest player, but they would never turn around to touch the puck. It was frustrating to see a puck just sitting there. By the time my player could turn around, the other team skated off with it.

I think the opponent could block passes and shots way too easily. I could have a breakway, no one within 10 feet. But my blade would never touch the puck. An impossible steal or block form the opponent who was too far away realistically to intercept it.

The game needs to adhere to the rules, too...If someone is in the crease, the goal should not be allowed. It's the old NHL 93 interference trick again.

All completely valid points. It seemed to me like they put very little time and effort into its' creation. The main menu was very sub-par. Although, I liked where they were headed with the foreign leagues.

Archived