Nike Vapor Untouchable and Mach Speed: SVG and PDF formats

aawagner011

Hey guys,

This is my template of the new Vapor Untouchable uniform. Playing around with UGA...all subtle variations of concepts I have done in the past, but more refined and also modified for the new template.

So the Vapor Untouchable features a more traditional collar for those that complain about Georgia's, which is massively oversized and has the annoying Flywire.

The basis for my design was to use classic Georgia styles and bring it to the 21st century with occasional alternates. I kept the new number font- that clearly isn't going anywhere since it's a school wide rebrand.

I brought back the traditional sleeve stripes, which were worn across many eras of Georgia football. The classic triple stripe on the pants is consistent across all three pants. That's a staple of the silver britches, and Georgia used the same design on the 2009 black pants (basically the black stripe was hidden).

More radically, I have included an alternate helmet. It's silver. The Dawgs have used silver before...from the 1940s and all the way into the 1960s. We brought back the silver for the 2011 Boise kickoff game, but it was poorly executed. It had a massive red stripe and the rest of the uniform sucked. My silver helmet packages it in a familiar way by using the silver britches stripe. There is also a a throwback set using a slightly different silver helmet. You'll notice there isn't a black helmet- yuck.

I would envision wearing the primary uniforms for about 7-8 games of the season. It's the classic Georgia look and shouldn't be messed with every week like Oregon. Perhaps the throwback look for one single game. And then the remaining 3-4 games can alternate the pants and helmet. I'm thinking the silver lid would be a 1-2 time per year thing. Our normal red helmet is too good and is so easily recognizable. This would give the Dawgs an occasionally different look but presented in a way that's definitely "Georgia."

This set has enough combinations to last over a season, but realistically, only a couple would be worn each year.

You can click the photos to view them in a larger size.

eagrxh.png

vg6fqa.png

Here is a more in-depth look at the actual template. ***TEMPLATE DOWNLOAD LINK IN POST #5***

2quk7k4.png

Oh man this looks great. I hate to be that guy, but I'll be the first and ask if you're going to release this template. I know you didn't with the Mach Speed, understandably so.

I love the concepts, especially the old school block G set. Curious as to your thoughts on throwing in a black lid.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Oh man this looks great. I hate to be that guy, but I'll be the first and ask if you're going to release this template. I know you didn't with the Mach Speed, understandably so.

I love the concepts, especially the old school block G set. Curious as to your thoughts on throwing in a black lid.

Thanks for the feedback, Clint. I could have sworn I released the Mach Speed template, but I guess I didn't...looking back. I can get this one out shortly. Need to make a stripped down version without logos and stripes.

As to the black lid, I'm on the fence about it. The one a few years ago looked ugly in the loss to Florida and more like Grambling than UGA. Seeing some pictures again, it wasn't so bad. I guess I just see the classic red lid as distinctly Georgia and the silver helmet can work because it's been done before and can simulate the silver britches. The black helmet is just kinda arbitrary. No real history behind it.

Gators-vs-Dogs-19-mw-103109.jpg

Thought I'd ask about the template knowing you'll get plenty of comments about it :D

Agree with what you said about the black lids. They weren't bad by themselves, but I don't associate anything other than the red helmets with Georgia. A good change of pace? Yea, sure. Against Florida? Never. (I also have bad memories with Georgia in black against my Auburn Tigers...)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Clint, and everyone else...

Here is my Nike Vapor Untouchable template. Basically all of the seams were drawn exactly as shown in the Nike release. Follow the link to download. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

http://www.filedropper.com/nikevaporuntouchabletemplate

2u63090.png

Unfortunately this SVG file doesn't open in Illustrator.

Here is my Nike Vapor Untouchable template. Basically all of the seams were drawn exactly as shown in the Nike release. Follow the link to download. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

2u63090.png

I am not versed in Illustrator enough to know how it works. Have you tried Inkscape? I will also try to export this to a PDF file in the morning. Perhaps that will work, too.

2u63090.png

I am not versed in Illustrator enough to know how it works. Have you tried Inkscape? I will also try to export this to a PDF file in the morning. Perhaps that will work, too.

I tried opening it in Illustrator and it came up with "too many nested groups", "clipping will be lost" and a couple other errors and then it crashed Illustrator. Just to help you out if I can.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Well, like I said, this wasn't created with Illustrator. It was made with Inkscape as an SVG file. However, I have now converted it over to a PDF file, so perhaps this will also work in Inkscape and Ilustrator. Not sure. But at least I've got a few formats for you guys.

You guys will have to copy the codes to unlock them.

PDF: https://mega.nz/#!c44nCITR

Encryption key: !_NJC-8ucgBEatn9R0-qopQC46cAf-gJ1a18jhj6oXhg

SVG: https://mega.nz/#!p9xwVCYS

Encryption key: !3nWInpNfd49bjTZmSxrp-_nl7360FZibHHjn4DKvbLg

2u63090.png

Also, it has come to my attention I never released my Mach Speed, so might as well get that out there, too. Slightly different presentation as this was done a number of months ago, but here it is.

PDF: https://mega.nz/#!E8ZTDSKR

Encryption key: !RhmWod0UotX2GqHENHJpdpmqnybaz7DTEhD8JWQ_DJQ

SVG: https://mega.nz/#!MoYmQByY

Encryption key: !vanBd0vL1lnGuIz8W0tx9qM-pdZy135lcheccsvzz-A

5flxn7.png

Archived