infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL Week 16

infrared41

Apologies for being late with the lists again this week. I'm in the process of moving to Florida and things are, to put it mildly, a little hectic. Week 16 won't go down in the books as one of the better weeks we've had this season, but we still had some pretty good match ups to work with - including another team pulling off the rare feat of going from the worst list to the best list over the course of a week. Place your wagers and let's play our game. As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Best:

1. Washington - Philadelphia: None of the best list contenders really stood out this week as the clear cut #1. They're all pretty good. An argument could be made for each game on the list taking the top spot. In the end, I decided to go with the game that I thought had the best color constrast and this was it. That Eagles combo is really growing on me.

Eagles.jpg

2. Giants - Vikings: A great match up of modern and classic. I just felt the colors in this one didn't contrast quite as nicely as they did in game #1. Still two of the best looking uniforms in the NFL.

Vikings.jpg

3. Steelers - Ravens: Kudos to the Ravens for breaking out the black alts and resisting the urge to go black monochrome for this one. I prefer the purple over white look, but the black alt over white looks pretty good too. Add the Ravens to the list of teams that can be on the worst list one week and the best list the next.

Steelers.jpg

4. 49ers - Lions: Good looking match up between to not very good teams.

Lions.jpg

5. Bills - Cowboys: While I'm done apologizing for liking the Cowboys uniforms, I also have a rule that in a week with full best list, their home uniforms can never be ranked higher than #4. I like the Cowboys look a lot, but out of some sort of silly respect I have for this place, I can't reward the mismatched colors with a higher ranking. Silly rule, I know, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. B) (And I'm sure someone will point out that I've broken that rule somewhere along the way.) Anyway, the Bills look great.

Bills.jpg

6. Patriots - Jets: I'd like the Pats road uniforms more if they would simplify them just a bit. Lose the side panels on the jerseys, put a little more color in the pants stripe, and you've got a fine look. As is, it's just a little too busy rank much higher than this. As always, the Jets look fantastic.

Jets.jpg

Thanks for ruining a good match up: This week's winners, for what has to be at least the 4th time this season (I'm not going to look it up) Surprise! It's the Tennessee Titans. When are the Titans going to learn that the monochrome navy bit just doesn't look good?

Titans.jpg

Worst:

Bengals - Broncos: Two great color schemes. Two terrible uniforms. Welcome to the PYP Bowl. Both of these teams could look so good with just a few tweaks.

Bengals.jpg

That's it for this week. Thanks for dropping by. We wrap up the season next week. I'll do a best and worst of the year during the playoffs.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Holiday season. Here's to a healthy and happy 2016.

BB52Big.jpg

i was concerned about the Broncos/Bengals being an overload of orange (plus the close match of navy and black) but i thought that game turned out pretty well. would have been a better matchup with the Broncos in blue, but i'm never mad at the orange jerseys

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived