Two new wild alts

CDunn

I don't much like the MW in it, but the state outline could be used in a different design, certainly, but I'd rather see the primary mark used on the shoulders of #2, that's a nice look.

As for why the state outline?  It's one of those Minnesotan things, trust me.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I always thought it would be cool to have 2 alternates, home and away versions of virtually the same jersey, except on the home have just the W (with the drop shadow, and everything, but essentially just the W) and an away with just that W modified to look like an M (rotated 180 degrees would work, I believe). The logo might look a little plain, and I dropped the idea after I saw how much I liked the animal head-landscape crest, but I still think it might make for an interesting concept.

I'm not a big fan of state outlines in logos, and wouldn't want any Manitoba teams to put the keystone province's shape in their logo. It most often doesn't flow with the rest of the logo, and in saying this I cite the Isles logo (which many people like, but whose opinion I don't share) and the T-Bay Lightning alt logo. The old Golden State logo comes to mind as well. Maybe some Texas Rangers logos as well?

Anywho, really good production work on those, 7200, I much prefer the Wild logo if anything.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I always thought it would be cool to have 2 alternates, home and away versions of virtually the same jersey, except on the home have just the W (with the drop shadow, and everything, but essentially just the W) and an away with just that W modified to look like an M (rotated 180 degrees would work, I believe). The logo might look a little plain, and I dropped the idea after I saw how much I liked the animal head-landscape crest, but I still think it might make for an interesting concept.

I'm not a big fan of state outlines in logos, and wouldn't want any Manitoba teams to put the keystone province's shape in their logo. It most often doesn't flow with the rest of the logo, and in saying this I cite the Isles logo (which many people like, but whose opinion I don't share) and the T-Bay Lightning alt logo. The old Golden State logo comes to mind as well. Maybe some Texas Rangers logos as well?

Anywho, really good production work on those, 7200, I much prefer the Wild logo if anything.

Me too. Although, if they were really that good they could be made the actual jerseys. That said, the NHL made a rule about that a few years ago. Just one alt. The Rangers and teh Ducks had two for a year or two.

Archived