MLB Soccer Kits

14er

This is a little project that I've been working on here-and-there for a few months.  I don't want to go into detail about my thought process and inspiration for each team just yet as I'd like to see if those thoughts were actually conveyed in the designs.  But I do want to mention a couple of league-wide structures that I followed.  The kit displayed on the left is the primary and had to use current team colors and number fonts.  I took a little more liberty with the clash kits displayed on the right.  I made a conscious effort to not repeat primary shirt colors within a division, but this was unavoidable in a few cases.  Cap logos were used as the crest for all teams, and I found that championship stars worked better sitting below the cap logo rather than above.  Shirt sponsors were based on stadium names with a couple exceptions where a local brand was used.  I'd love some feedback.  Hope y'all enjoy!

570af330dc230_ALWest.thumb.png.74c674a20  570af3213e643_ALCentral.thumb.png.70098c  570af2da2c0bd_ALEast.thumb.png.16280afc6

570af357aae93_NLWest.thumb.png.3d00fe395  570af34f1be35_NLCentral.thumb.png.5d85c6  570af34334b19_NLEast.thumb.png.1de5f19fd

These all look really great. Some of my favorite details:

- The plaid sublimation on the Rays

- The pinstripes on both Phillies sets

- The sleeve stripes on the Twins

- The diamond pattern and use of turquoise on Arizona

- The camo sublimation on the Padres home set

Some comments:

- The shorts on the Jays look orange instead of red.

- Not a big fan of the stripes on the Mariners' home set

- I know you tried to avoid using the same colors within a division, so why not try making the Tigers clash set orange with navy shorts? The gray shorts look out of place.

- How about trying vertical pinstripes on the Brewers' clash set?

Thanks for the feedback.  I whipped up an orange Detroit clash as coco1997 suggested.  I think I like how it turned out, and it definitely adds more color to the AL central.  I also played around with a navy Yankees clash.   I would never advocate for this look in baseball, but I think it could work on a soccer pitch.

NYG, it's a template that found on here a while back and tweaked a little bit.  I can't remember the user name of the creator, but its by Erik Chesonis Design.  Props to him.

TigersYanks 3rds.png

BarFade.png

BarFade.svg

Archived