Who's the best QB in the NFL

vicfurth

Who's the best Quarterback (In no particular order)?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

joey 'motherbitchin' harrington.....straight face, yep.

look at the weapons he's got at his disposal and see where he'll rate in a couple years.

sure, i'm a homer....but i don't care.

Tom Brady. Without him, the Pats don't make it to the Super Bowl and Tuck Rule or not, he still won the Super Bowl twice. Was he not the MVP both times?. McNair & Manning have yet to win the big game.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

How do you overrate the highest passer rating in history?

Well, you start by recognizing that the passer rating statistic is overrated and flawed. Are you telling me that Dave Krieg (81.5) was a better QB than Bart Starr (80.5)? That stat was created in the recent history of the NFL, and is biased toward factors that weren't considered AS important in the past. If the statistic doesn't include some factor of wins and losses, it is far from perfect.

It's where I sit.

]

And while you're at it, get rid of the fact that regardless of the call, the Pats still drove down the length of the field to score the touchdown on that drive, then came back down the field to tie the game, then came back down the field AGAIN in OT to win.  Yep, and then he has only one ring.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Anyway as much as I love Tommy Boy, and is great as I think Manning is, McNair is just much more complete than the both of them.  His mobility is lethal.  Manning has a great arm and mind.  McNair has a great arm, a great mind, AND great feet.  He has all 3.

You can not say Vick is the top QB in the league.  I am hoping he becomes the next great thing and he very well may be, but for now he hasn't been around long enough or hasn't been consistent enough to be the best QB in the league.  He hasn't developed his football IQ and is impatient in the pocket.  He makes some very innaccurate and stupid throws and doesn't make smart decisions all the time.  He will be great, maybe even this season, but not right now.

Regardless -- if the rule was different, and correct, Tom Brady would've come out looking like the goat of the game. Even the NFL admitted that the rule was incorrect and would've changed it, but didn't want to take away from the Patriots Super Bowl. I don't see anyone mentioning Tom Brady's god-awful performance in the second half, aside from the final drive, in that super bowl, and the fact that the defense carried them that season.

And are we talking about the same Michael Vick that went 6 games before throwing an INT in 2002 and absolutely tore the league to shreds despite his top reciever being Brian Finneran? He was impatient in the pocket because quite frankly, his offensive line wasn't any good.

Also, Michael Vick doesn't have the benefit of an offense based on the short pass like QB's like Tom Brady and Rich Gannon do.

IUe6Hvh.png

I chose Michael Vick because of his total ability. Yes he's a great runner but OMG can he throw the ball. He still has to learn how to make the correct descisions when throwing the ball and when NOT to run.

Steve McNair is the MAN for all the reasons everyone else stated, no need to repeat what has already been said.

Peyton Manning is a great QB, but when it comes to a quarterback, passing the ball isn't everything, look at Marino, great QB but never won a Super Bowl. You gotta have a quarterback that can be mobile.

Brett Favre, what can I really say, top three in the league. 'Nuff said.

Tom Brady & Kurt Warner are overrated.

Jake Plummer is UNDERRATED. He could easily be considered for one of the top 5 in the league today. 9-2 when starting for Denver. (Reg Season)

Where's the love for Tommy Maddox?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

<snicker>  Sorry... I can't keep a straight face on that one... Geez, I crack myself up...

XFL superstar TOOOOOOOOOOOMY MADDOX!

But seriouslly I think it's Tom Brady because he is good when it Matters the most, the playoffs.

Archived