Miami Marlins rework

davidrpaige

Ok, hopefully the last set of tweaks to the designs.

The predominately black M on the Home hat was bugging me as I did not have black used much in the home sets.  So I played around and found the Silver as the main M and teal as the secondary M worked well.  The teal with an orange and black outline provided enough separation that it didn't completely vanish in the teal hat.

Marlins_Home_Hat%201_zpsv6tagnsu.png

This updates the Home and Home Alt as such:

Miami%20Marlins%20Home_zpsqnwadod4.pngMiami%20Marlins%20Home%20Alt_zpsvtngnldz

I had also introduced a throwback Away as well as a second home throwback.

Miami%20Marlins%20Away%20Throwback_zpskcMiami%20Marlins%20Home%20Throwback%202_z

I also streamlined the belt colors, keeping in consistent with Home and Away use.

My last task is to go through the design and make sure all the colors are conforming to MLB hex codes.  The color palette will be as follows:

Black: #000000
Red-Orange: #F46634
Silver: #A4AAAC 
Dark Gray/Black: #333333
Teal: #00A5B1
White: #FFFFFF

If anyone else has info on a different hex code MLB used for Teal, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I finalized my Home, Home Alternate, Away, Away Alternate, and 3 Throwback choices when I realized I don't have Special Occasion uniforms!  Gad, how unmarketing/ungreedy am I?

So, to go totally insane, here is what I call "Ode to Miami Deco" uniform:

Marlins%20Art%20Deco%20Pink%20Purple_zps

In this series the normal fonts are given way to a more true Art Deco font and the colors are more true to Miami Art Deco palette.  These would be celebration uniforms, like a big anniversary of the city of Miami or the like.  There is a huge range of colors to pick from, but in this example I wanted to see how Pink could play into a uniform.

I used this website as a color guide: http://www.creativecolorschemes.com/resources/free-color-schemes/art-deco-color-scheme.shtml

What do you think?

Here is an update on that Miami Deco alternate.  I switched the colors to the RGB/Hex colors versus the CMYK version, so it has much more pop.  I also fixed up the spacing on the fonts.

I can see now why the Marlins had cut off the point on their A as it makes it look very bottom heavy and lower down compared to the rest of the lettering.  While the font I'm using is a more true Deco font (of the many styles that claim the title of 'Art Deco'), the A looks like it is lower and not as tall as the I & Ms, even though they are all the same height and level.  Not sure what to do about that, if it is even an issue.

Miami%20Marlins%208%20Home%20Art%20Deco%

On 5/10/2016 at 10:55 PM, davidrpaige said:

Ok, what if I did this for the Home hat?

Marlins_Teal_Hat_zpsdoanp636.pngMarlins%20Home%20with%20orange2_zpsfawu9

I really like this refresh. I personally like the idea of black & orange being secondary to the teal and white.

Honestly, silver isn't needed at all (outside of the belly of the fish), things would "pop" better without it, IMO.

My suggestion for the cap logo would be to use the exact colors of the "M" from this uniform (above), and swap out teal for white.

(White M--black outline--orange outline, on a teal cap. With the "shadow" being silver or teal.)

Great work.

(Edit: I know you've updated since, I still kind of see gray as unneeded, i think a white M on the teal cap would be gorgeous.)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

1 hour ago, davidrpaige said:

While the font I'm using is a more true Deco font (of the many styles that claim the title of 'Art Deco'), the A looks like it is lower and not as tall as the I & Ms, even though they are all the same height and level.  Not sure what to do about that, if it is even an issue.

I disagree about the "A" looking shorter than the "M" and "I." It looks fine to me.

I'm still curious what the wordmark would look like if it were arched. 

Archived