• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

Great job on all of these, really love the black alternate for the Marlins that you made. It really makes those brighter colors pop out, which is basically like the objective of the Marlins. :lol:

19 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Despite I'm not a big football fan, I'm loving this series. I specially like the use of the Tequila Sunrise pattern fo the Astros and the Marlins colour scheme change.

19 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Great updates. The new color scheme for the Marlins works really well, and I'm loving that red Twins alternate. 

17 hours ago, Totems!! said:

All of these are great as I love me a crossover and your Marlins concept really stands out. Great helmet and good work on their colour scheme.

Thanks fro the support, guys! I really appreciate it! :)

18 hours ago, TVIXX said:

How about using the late90's m logo for the helmet

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/jk340b0qbkaqsbeqmfbnhk5g8/Milwaukee_Brewers/1998/Cap_Logo

and removing the m above the numbers on the regular jerseys

That's not a bad idea. I'll experiment with it.

18 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I also really like the way you incorporated gold for the Twins, my only suggestion would be to maybe have the gold as a dropshadow on the numbers as opposed to an outline? Also, I really like the red alternate, but I would flip the colors of the T and the C to look like their red hats.

I'll consider the dropshadow, but don't worry about the logo on the jersey. I'll be replacing it with a script instead during the update portion of the series. 

Let's keep the ball rolling with the simplest group yet:

NEW YORK METS

Home:

msi0Fre.jpg

Away:

QX4I4J9.jpg

NOTES

These uniforms were inspired by the team's 1986 throwbacks.

This is the reason why I don't want to give the Indians shoulder striping: because I gave it to the Mets first.

The home set is a very strict & simple blue-blue-white look while the away look can get by with the blue pants.

NEW YORK YANKEES

Home:

D65korz.jpg

Away:

7VuS0TP.jpg

NOTES

You'd think that the Yankees, the ones who basically do nothing other than pinstripes, would be the easiest team. Nah.

If you remember the original series, I tried using thin stripes on the helmet, jersey, & pants to represent the team's home pinstripes.

That didn't work and instead i went with a "what if they were a classic-looking football team?" look.

So the jerseys are about as plain as you can get, sort of Penn State-ish, if you will.

I gave them two stripes instead of one for the helmet & pants to further themselves from the Nittany Lions. 

New this go-around is the navy collar & sleeve cuffs as well as shiny silver pants. Nothing says "classic football team" like a pair of shiny britches.

OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Home:

t8ODUcn.jpg

Away:

luuOU4c.jpg

Alternate:

N3lAlDL.jpg

NOTES

Hmmm.... Now that I see this look, I may have to change things up with either this team or Pittsburgh. You'll see why later, although it wasn't an issue last time.

I added white & green pants as options for the primary looks to help keep from looking like a Packers or Eskimos copy.

Not much changes from the original thread so there's not much to say, really. I'll let the set speak for itself on this one.

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Home:

oYq88xB.jpg

Away:

FY35DKb.jpg

NOTES

The Phillies are a team that has a boring color scheme and could really go for a new color scheme.

By new color scheme, I mean going back to the maroon & baby blue days.

Basically, I took their current identity and put it in the maroon & baby blue colors.

Since they're one of the oldest teams in the Majors, a simple look should be used. There's even the option to go full-maroon!

___________________________________________________________________________________

On deck: the Pirates, a new-old Padres look, the Giants, and a difficult Mariners identity. Stay tuned!

As always, comments, constructive criticism, & other helpful C-words are appreciated by anyone and everyone! :) 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Here I am with my critiquing:

Mets: Now I see why you didn't give the Indians shoulder striping. IMO, makes more sense on the Mets.

Yankees: Putting pinstripes on a football uniform just looks off, so applause for you for not using it.

A's: No complaints there, like the striping on the pants.

Phillies: Using the light blue, I see. Nice idea.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

*crickets* really? No one else? Alrighty then. Moving on, I guess...

PITTSBURGH PIRATES

Home:

KcKFhgd.jpg

Away:

VDrAEt6.jpg

Throwback:

L0dQ94G.jpg

NOTES

As you can see by the striping pattern on the home & away, I'm gonna have to rethink either this one or the A's (probably the A's).

The striping is based on the logo with the white outline & the numbers on the black jerseys. 

The throwback is based on their 70's look. The helmet stripes represent the pillbox caps. The rest is obvious.

The only difference is the font, which I thought worked better than the standard block font. So really, it's more of a fauxback.

SAN DIEGO PADRES

Home:

skDCHX2.jpg

Away:

Rjilpad.jpg

NOTES
When the Padres unveiled their new alternates back in December, team President & CEO Mike Dee said brown & yellow may be more prominent next season.

That's stupid. Why not do it now? Taking this idea, I decided to run with it.

The set is a combination eras, taking the brown & yellow, meshing them with the bell-cap era (represented with the tapered stripes) and the current font.

The shoulder yoke is based on this uniform from the late 70's. The uniforms also feature the 2000's Padres script on the chest.

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

Home:

7XhZKa2.jpg

Away:

2mxQsE0.jpg

NOTES

To separate the Giants from the Orioles, I needed to add emphasize the gold in their scheme a little more than they really do. 

To do this, I used it as a trim color on the striping and made a gold set of pants the main.

I was tempted to use a single jersey stripe and be done with it, but it seemed too basic. 

So, I looked at their jersey history and settled on their black alternate used during the Bond era. 

Using the little bit of piping and the script as inspiration, I based the helmet, pants, and jersey striping off of it.

SEATTLE MARINERS

Home:

dMFCb2P.jpg

Away:

dCYwl5J.jpg

Throwback:

te9hqb7.jpg

NOTES

Along with Colorado, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Milwaukee, and San Diego, Seattle needs a redesigned look.

I ditched the alternate font for the regular block because that alt font is terrible.

The striping pattern is based on the compass rose logo.

The throwback is based on the trident star days with a little bit of the current Sunday alternate mixed in, such as the off-white.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Next up: Wrapping up the initial posts with the Cards, a brand-new fauxback-inspired Rays, Rangers, Blue Jays, & the Nats.

After the last five teams will be updates. As always Comments & Critiques are always welcomed by everybody & anybody! :)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

4 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

*crickets* really? No one else? Alrighty then. Moving on, I guess...

Loyalty... Where has it gone these days? Anywho, I'm here with my critiquing.

Pirates: With the way that you used the striping on the pants for them, the A's may need to change as you said.

Padres: THANK YOU for using the brown and yellow color scheme. I'm hoping they bring it back

Giants: I understand you trying to put an emphasis on the gold pants, but it just doesn't really feel right to their current color scheme.

Mariners: Really love that throwback uni. Although, maybe those pants could be that yellow color from the jersey to compliment it better. Just a suggestion.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Great designs once again!

I love to see Padres in brown and yellow.

Mariners look great, the throwback uni is perfect. The home and away look really nice, but I would make the inner stripes on the sleeves, helmets and pants centered, I think they look kinda odd.

I feel like the Mariners' helmet is missing something. I preferred the original version where you had the compass points on the front of the helmet rather than the sides.

Also, I actually like the Giants' gold pants.

19 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I feel like the Mariners' helmet is missing something. I preferred the original version where you had the compass points on the front of the helmet rather than the sides.

I know some people liked the helmet with the compass rose striping in he original thread, but to me it seems forced and like the Statue of Liberty.

On 7/3/2016 at 4:05 PM, Victormrey said:

Great designs once again!

I love to see Padres in brown and yellow.

Mariners look great, the throwback uni is perfect. The home and away look really nice, but I would make the inner stripes on the sleeves, helmets and pants centered, I think they look kinda odd.

As I pointed out in my description, the helmet, pants, & jersey stripes are based on the compass rose logo, with the wider navy stripe giving a three-dimensional, shaded look to the stripes. 

I've got an idea for the Mariners: Use the throwback as the base, but in the current colors. How's that sound?

20 hours ago, TVIXX said:

A's- maybe try using the packers stripes

Giants- ditch the gold pants

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to say no to both suggestions. I'll keep the gold pants for the Giants so that it separates them from the Orioles, but I can drop them to the third option (the middle pair of pants) and make white the main option.

As for the A's, the whole point is using what each team currently uses or has used in the past. Using the Packers's striping wouldn't make sense since they've never used that style in the team's history. Besides, I think I have an idea for the Pirates to erase the similarities. 

I'm working on a way to present all of the uniforms - including updates - into one big presentation so that I don't run out of room on Imgur, considering that most of the updates include swapping a chest logo for a script and nothing else. 

Still taking C&C on anything and everything! 

2 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

I've got an idea for the Mariners: Use the throwback as the base, but in the current colors. How's that sound?

That sounds great! The throwback uni style really cool, look forward to see it in Northwest Green and Navy!

Guess I'll put a fork in this and call it "eh, good enough". Here are the final five teams:

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

Home:

avC2SEQ.jpg

Away:

knsf9Jm.jpg

Alternate:

ZODpKOV.jpg

NOTES

The Cardinals are the first team in the series to feature their script on the jersey.

The jersey striping is based off the team's stirrups.

The STL monogram has been adjusted so that the outline doesn't look wimpy.

the cardinal only appears on the side of the white pants as he gets lost on the red pair.

Both the primary & alternate helmets feature satin finishes.

TAMPA BAY RAYS

Logos:

CMonw7F.jpg

Home:

wyXDBJt.jpg

Away:

wCcMJvw.jpg

NOTES

After gaining permission from @raysox to use his redesign as inspiration, I gave the Rays a much-needed overhaul. (I'll have to add the link later)

As you can see, I based my design off of the team's 70's fauxback logos. 

The navy, athletic gold, and magenta color scheme really make each other pop, which is why I liked the idea.

The striping is classic yet modern, with cutoff pants and helmet stripes while the away jersey features contrasting sleeves. 

TEXAS RANGERS

Home:

nyr7Nqv.jpg

Away:

ZLMswpI.jpg

Alternate:

lPHgDlo.jpg

NOTES

Decided to go simple with the Rangers. The T-logo appears on hte helmets and at the top of the pants.

To switch things up a bit, I added a pair of shiny silver pants to the mix. The Texas flag logo appears on the sleeves.

The alternate features a satin re helmet with a red facemask for a "Battle Red" uniform.

TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Home:

4CHwI32.jpg

Away:

1AM9YTe.jpg

Alternate:

KUs9Fpf.jpg

NOTES

OOOOOOHHHHH CAAAAAAANADAAAAAAAAAAAA (ahem... sorry.)

The Blue Jays' logo looks superb on a white helmet. To add a splash of red, I added the maple leaf from the primary logo onto the sleeves.

The alternate jersey may as well be a Team Canada jersey. I almost added the primary logo on the helmet, but I decided to go with what I had last time.

WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Home:

nwMV4Td.jpg

Away:

gFg6oo9.jpg

Alternate:

prEk1Sr.jpg

NOTES

The Nats are the last team in the series before the updates. Not much has changed from the original set except for a matte red helmet.

The alternate is the biggest change as the last one was a throwback to their Montreal days.

However, since they've basically forgotten their past lives as the Expos, a throwback to the Montreal uniform doesn't seem necessary and isn't a priority.

Instead, I made a navy alternate based on their current one and added a white helmet. 

The white helmet features a satin patriotic Walgreen's logo & a satin helmet stripe. that really pops off that white dome.

________________________________________________________________________________

The update portion is up next. I doubt they'll be posted in image form except for those with bigger changes, such as Pittsburgh, Cleveland, & Seattle.

I've decided that I will keep the logo for the Chicago White Sox.

Removing the heel & toe from the sock makes it appear bland and draws too much attention the wing. The heel, toe, & stitching creates balance.

Here's a sneak-preview as to the presentation of all the uniforms:

BLVREy0.jpg

This is intended to be the title slide. The rest will feature every home, road, alternate, throwback, and fauxback look created for this series. 

I was excited to see almost a dozen comments on the one group, only to have it fall to three or five total since then.

Your feedback really helps and I accept all of it, no matter how brutally honest it may be.

Comments & critiques are welcome by anyone and everyone :)

Here is the one thing out of all these teams that I feel needs to be changed.

Rays- I feel that the striping of both of the pants should not be like that, because it'll kinda look funky when on the field.

Otherwise, great job!

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Thanks for the comments guys! Navy will not be used in the Blue Jays uniform as they do not currently use it anywhere else in their real uniform and I already have enough teams that use navy (Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, Milwaukee, Minnesota, NY Yankees, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, & Washington). I appreciate the suggestion though.

Also, the Rays pants stripe will remain that way as other teams use that striping pattern to an extent (Oakland, Minnesota, Anaheim, Miami, Minnesota, Atlanta). Using the cuts like that help separate them from the rest of the league.

As promised, here's the final presentation of MLB Gridiron, via Issuu. Enjoy! Thanks to everyone who followed the series!

https://issuu.com/loganweaver7/docs/mlb_gridiron_presentation

:)

As for my next project, it looks like I'll wrap up the "(insert league here) to Football" Trilogy by converting the NBA into a football league.

After that, I'll most likely do turn either the NFL or the MLB into a hockey league.

Archived