58 minutes ago, Broncoboy7 said:

Good job on all of these! Sorry I'm late joining in lol :wacko: but I think that for the White Sox logo, you should take one of their "vintage" logos and recreate it to make it modern. Just a suggestion

Yes, this is pretty much what I was getting at. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I meant that this looks like a new logo you created from scratch, based on a logo they actually used to wear. If you used the original logo you referenced, it might work better.

3 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

I think that for the White Sox logo, you should take one of their "vintage" logos and recreate it to make it modern. Just a suggestion

6 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

The logo is inspired by the team's primary/alternate logos used from 1949-1970 (Used as a primary logo from '49-'59).

4328_chicago_white_sox-primary-1949.png

2913.gif

1nkhIIH.jpg

084.png

You'd seriously want those clunkers of logos used as is? 

No, I am not doing that, and for the record, I based it off of the alternate logo used from 1949-1970, the one with the yellow circle. I write these descriptions for a reason, to help explain my concepts a bit more and the thought process that went into them. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

2 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

You'd seriously want those clunkers of logos used as is? 

No, I am not doing that, and for the record, I based it off of the alternate logo used from 1949-1970, the one with the yellow circle. I write these descriptions for a reason, to help explain my concepts a bit more and the thought process that went into them. 

Sorry, it's just that the logo you created is kind of Clipart-ish. If you removed the gray patches on the heel and toe of the sock, it would probably be a big improvement.

I'll work on the logo in the update portion at the end. I'm still taking comments on the last group, but for now, let's keep this thing moving:

COLORADO ROCKIES

Home:

FDOyUvQ.jpg

Away:

AEnAB9g.jpg

NOTES

I personally despise the Rockies' identity. I'm truly surprised that it has lasted this long. It is so dated.

Still, I decided to work with it. The mountain range appears on the helmet while the CR monogram graces the sleeves.

The font is the same one used by the Houston Texans. I had to change things up instead of having the 20th team using the same block font.

DETROIT TIGERS:

Home:

ciqupyB.jpg

Away:

Jej20dC.jpg

NOTES

Other than the additional pants options, nothing changed since the original thread.

The goal here was to go for a classic "Chicago Bears" type of vibe. 

HOUSTON ASTROS:

Home:

7hg6h9q.jpg

Away:

QLTfPZ9.jpg

Alternate:

nb2KjZB.jpg

NOTES

I just posted them and an update might be coming after seeing this Astros Football helmet from a couple days ago.

As for what I've got, the tequila sunrise is the main stripe element on the jerseys and the alternate navy pants.

In addition to the new alternate navy pants is a new set of white britches. 

KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Home:

lITX1IN.jpg

Away:

zZiyB5U.jpg

Alternate:

0oDSdPt.jpg

NOTES

In order to help separate the Royals from the Dodgers, Baby Blue was needed.

I may make the alternate helmet the primary to help continue the separation.

The crown and banner-esque striping are both inspired by the primary logo.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

On deck: LA, a new-look Miami, the Brew Crew, and Minnesota. 

As always, C&C is appreciated! :)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I don't think there is anything wrong with the updated White Sox logo, removing the gray and the heel and toe outline might be the only thing I'd remove but I also don't mind having both of them there. I think it is an improvement over the old ones. Gotta admit, I got a chuckle out of the Swaggy P meme too.

This last group might be your best group so far. The Rockie's helmets look awesome and the Tigers and Astro's are top notch. I like the Royals, I'm afraid that the helmet/pants stripe might clash a little bit with the crown...it might just be the crown being gold on the home and away as the white crown on the alternate works a little bit better IMO. I get what you went for though with the gold crown so I'm not sure it would really work better swapping the colors out. The double outline also gives me a Rays vibe but there isn't much you can do about that since they share similar color schemes.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Here is my critiquing for the ones you just posted:

Colorado: Good job, extra props for the helmet you did.

Detroit: I think the striping on the white pants is off-center, might want to double check that just in case it is.

Houston: Good job, no complaints there.

Kansas City: I agree with you using the light blue for KC to separate them from LA. As a Dodger fan, I agree that the powder blue doesn't really work together with our primary color scheme. 

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Another solid group of concepts.

I would like to see at least one of those Houston sets utilize the real life Astros-themed helmet that you linked to. The tequila sunrise striping down the center of the helmet looks fantastic.

Did you try putting gold crowns on the Royals alternate? The white crowns just seem a little odd.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

2 hours ago, bigmike said:

I like the Royals, I'm afraid that the helmet/pants stripe might clash a little bit with the crown...it might just be the crown being gold on the home and away as the white crown on the alternate works a little bit better IMO. I get what you went for though with the gold crown so I'm not sure it would really work better swapping the colors out. The double outline also gives me a Rays vibe but there isn't much you can do about that since they share similar color schemes.

In one of my original version of the Royals, I had a light blue crown on the home & away uniforms. I was wanting to include gold in some way, and it seemed like the crowns were the best way to do so. I see what you're saying though and will look at updating it. 

2 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

Detroit: I think the striping on the white pants is off-center, might want to double check that just in case it is.

I think they look that way because they're on the white pants. They are the same width and in the same spot as the blue pants. 

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Did you try putting gold crowns on the Royals alternate? The white crowns just seem a little odd.

There wasn't enough contrast between the light blue and the gold, so it was either white or royal blue. I felt like the blue stood out a little too much, but in the previous thread, I used blue crowns. I'll look into it. 

Alrighty, I'd love to have more than the same four people commenting on this (though I love that you guys have been so loyal to the thread).

Moving on:

LOS ANGELES DODGERS:

Home:

552qVnO.jpg

Away:

FyA5tfT.jpg

NOTES

A classic team deserves a classic look.

The red shoulder numbers are a reference to the red number on the front of the Dodgers' jerseys.

I also threw in a satin helmet just because plus it helps separate them from the Royals a little bit more.

MIAMI MARLINS:

Home:

u5aCuyF.jpg

Away:

1nXNAUH.jpg

Alternate:

CyNxGtY.jpg

NOTES

Sooo.... This was fun.

As you can see, I switched up the Marlins' color scheme a bit, keeping the black & orange but replacing the light blue with a bright teal.

As you can see, I emphasized the bright teal because it fits with Miami's bright and vibrant image. 

I went with a black facemask because I thought it helped bring out the black accents and matched the black pants better.

The home uniform only utilizes the white britches while the away & alternate each has the possibility of using all three pants. 

MILWAUKEE BREWERS

Home:

qxqQYXG.jpg

Away:

1lqsTIo.jpg

Alternate:

tvmrOga.jpg

Throwback:

DJZVjT1.jpg

NOTES

There's a couple of reasons why I chose not to use a logo on the helmet for the Brewers:

1. In the original series,no one liked a helmet logo, which was every variation of the current M logo that you could imagine.

2. The script was simply not working with this helmet. It was too long and I couldn't quite place it correctly.

Even without the helmet logo, I say it looks pretty good. Barley is seen throughout the uniform as it is the only striping element.

I can't stand the team's current "Times New Roman"-esque font, so I went with their unique font used in the late 90's. 

For the alternate, it's basically their new navy & yellow alternate, but without the MB glove logo.

You all can probably imagine why I decided to use the block M over the MB glove logo.

The throwback is a nod to the 70's when the team used the block M. 

MINNESOTA TWINS:

Home:

3r4C7Dg.jpg

Away:

C9RLgh4.jpg

Alternate:

zrptH2E.jpg

NOTES

As you may remember, the Twins added gold trim to their uniforms last season.

To replicate that, I did the same, adding "Kasota Gold" to the numbers, striping, logo, and even added a set of gold pants that wouldn't be worn very often.

The red jersey is based off of their new red jerseys that they unveiled back in January. Personally, I'm surprised at how well it turned out.

.On Deck: Mets, Yankees, Athletics, & a new-look Phillies squad.

As always, C&C is appreciated by anyone and everyone! :)

These are all absolutely fantastic. All of them translate surprisingly well to football uniforms. Like others said, I'm also a huge fan of that Marlins look.

I also really like the way you incorporated gold for the Twins, my only suggestion would be to maybe have the gold as a dropshadow on the numbers as opposed to an outline? Also, I really like the red alternate, but I would flip the colors of the T and the C to look like their red hats.

All of these look amazing!

Brewers- I would just remove the block M from the alternate. I think it would keep everything uniform.

Miami- For the home uniform, I would like to see a blue helmet.

Dodgers/twins- No complaints

All of these look amazing!

Brewers- I would just remove the block M from the alternate. I think it would keep everything uniform.

Miami- For the home uniform, I would like to see a blue helmet.

Dodgers/twins- No complaints

Archived