Alternate college football universe

Krz

As most of you know America became independent in 1776, but what if they had never became independent? This concept series will take place in college football, REAL college football, meaning that because of the USA's British rule the tradition of football (soccer) carried over and is the dominant college sport in America. So here's the first one, university of Georgia FC (sponsored by local Georgia company Aflac)

image.jpeg

I will be doing requests for specific D-1 colleges of the concept gets rolling

Excellent!

I like the thread idea. 

I don't think that these teams would have sponsors. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

50 minutes ago, Uglybus said:

I like the thread idea. 

I don't think that these teams would have sponsors. 

Thanks for the response I will start doing no ads after I post all the teams I have finished, here's Purdue FC, sponsored by lids

image.jpeg

Excellent!

6 hours ago, StaatsBrett said:

I wonder  what  the big ten would  have 

Here's Michigan FC sponsored by dominos (the truth on why I do adds is because I'm a tad bit obsessed with advertising)

image.jpeg

Excellent!

I think you've got some solid ideas. What I'd like to see more of is the reasoning you went with specific designs (i.e. Michigan would likely not have had the same distinct striping from the helmet as there wouldn't have been helmets).

Secondly, your presentation would be cleaned up by printing out a soccer jersey template and doing your design on that. It would give you standard sizes for the outlines that way.

Other than that, putting a wordmark in place of the advertisements would be nice.

Ok, I will do no more ads this is the last one with an ad on it, the cactus on the crest is inspired by their old secondary logo, as are the stripes on the home, the away jersey is gradient like some real college football uniforms they have. 

Insparation:

image.jpeg

image.png

Kits and crest:

image.jpeg

Excellent!

20 hours ago, Jabel777 said:

I'd like to see New Mexico... but I agree that college teams would not have ads on uniforms.

So heres New Mexico, no ads this time, my inspiration for the shape was the primary logo but I warped it around a bit also I used the UNM moniker and like Everton, put the established date spread out, requests excepted!

image.jpeg

Excellent!

The crest for New Mexico looks good. If possible, you should try printing off soccer templates instead of drawing the uniform outlines yourself. It would look a lot cleaner. 

I'd love to see what you could do with Oklahoma. 

image.png 

12 hours ago, Uglybus said:

The crest for New Mexico looks good. If possible, you should try printing off soccer templates instead of drawing the uniform outlines yourself. It would look a lot cleaner. 

I'd love to see what you could do with Oklahoma. 

I'm doing the templates by hand because frankly I have no printer, but I'll try to clean up the templates on paper and make them neater, I'll also work on OU today

Excellent!

On the crest, I think you missed an opportunity to switch the hand around and put the Oklahoma outline in the empty space. Other than that, I like it. 

image.png 

7 hours ago, Uglybus said:

On the crest, I think you missed an opportunity to switch the hand around and put the Oklahoma outline in the empty space. Other than that, I like it. 

Ooh good idea I'll play around with it today

Excellent!

Archived