Revamping (some of) the Midwest League (Beloit Snappers Uniforms NOW POSTED 1/6)

Broncoboy7

Guess who's back! Yes, it's me and @ZionEagle (did you have to guess?:lol:)....

Anyway, enough chitter-chatter. We came up with an idea about a week ago that the Midwest League, a minor league baseball division, has some older logos and some uniforms that need some fixing. So we decided to do something about it and brew up some ideas.

So without further adieu, here is the first team to get their facelift, the Beloit Snappers!

Before:

beloit snappers old.gif

Ok, not too bad. But the wordmark really caught my attention when I first looked at this.

After courtesy of ZionEagle:

beloit snappers revamp.png

She decided to base it off of the current logo, since it was a unique identity. But instead, she decided to make the shell on the back of the "snapper" a baseball. Also, the head is now a more modern look, with the meanness still there. 

So, what do you all think to start this series off? Uniforms for the Snappers will be coming in the next couple of days, followed by the next 5 teams to get their revamp. 

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Beloit looks great, nice little update while keeping the identity the same, I'd like to see Dayton even though they have one of the better logos in the Midwest League imo, will we see jerseys?

The "S" on the backwards cap matches the old wordmark rather than your new wordmark. The new wordmark is not really an upgrade, it comes off very generic. It does not have consistency with the logo (navy stroke, white stroke), and I feel drop shadows just give a dated look rather than modern.

I understand what you are doing with the baseball shell (the original looks like a soccer ball), but it throws off the turtle identity. I think it makes it look like a dinosaur with a baseball backpack. I suggest using a realistic turtle shell design with your new color scheme. Love the colors.

28 minutes ago, Jvhn177 said:

Beloit looks great, nice little update while keeping the identity the same, I'd like to see Dayton even though they have one of the better logos in the Midwest League imo, will we see jerseys?

Jerseys will be coming in the next few days, more than likely Thursday.

5 minutes ago, Whitefoot said:

The "S" on the backwards cap matches the old wordmark rather than your new wordmark. The new wordmark is not really an upgrade, it comes off very generic. It does not have consistency with the logo (navy stroke, white stroke), and I feel drop shadows just give a dated look rather than modern.

I understand what you are doing with the baseball shell (the original looks like a soccer ball), but it throws off the turtle identity. I think it makes it look like a dinosaur with a baseball backpack. I suggest using a realistic turtle shell design with your new color scheme. Love the colors.

Thank you for your feedback. We'll jump right on it.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Since I'm the designer, I figured it would be fitting if I responded :P First off, thanks for your opinion, it is appreciated.

I would agree with you that the wordmark isn't all that great mainly because I don't know how to design wordmarks well. If you have any suggestions on how to improve it, I would appreciate that. I personally liked the stylized "S" and was planning on possibly making it an alternate logo. Perhaps if I updated the old wordmark like I upgraded the logo it would work.

As for the shell, the reason I did the baseball shell was exactly what you pointed out about the soccer like shell. I don't really see the dinosaur thing, mainly because I figured most people who knew about Beloit would know the old logo enough to see it's a turtle. Regardless, I will try to make a logo with a more turtle like shell. 

Yeah, I drew the colors from the original logo. I have to say I love them too. Thanks again for your critique :)

Any other opinions before I edit the logo?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

3 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Please tell me you'll be updating Kane County.

Uh I don't believe so. Kane County's logo was already updated recently, and I personally don't think it needs another update.

Is there something I'm missing?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

2 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

Uh I don't believe so. Kane County's logo was already updated recently, and I personally don't think it needs another update.

Is there something I'm missing?

Nope bro, they have a newer logo as of 2016. The old one, understandably, is terrible, so I see where @Dan O'Mac is coming from.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Archived