Minnesota Timberwolves Rebrand

nbitterman

Hey everyone!

I decided to join in on Paul Lukas's contest of creating a new look for the Timberwolves.  Since I feel that the Wolves do have a good foundation of logos and wordmarks, I decided to tweak what they have and create something that I feel strengthens their identity as a team and brand.  In this concept, I went with the popular mix of retro and modern since I feel that the team should bring back the green that they entered the league with.  I also wanted to make sure to bring back the trees that the team used throughout most of the 2000s, but use them in a different way rather than just on the collar and waistband.  Some of these changes are subtle ones, so I've explained most of them in the presentation.  If there is something you don't see a difference in, feel free to ask or just look up the team's current set of logos.

As always, comments and requests are always welcome!  Just don't be too mean ;)

Here is what I've got. Enjoy!

NateBitterman.jpg.jpg

NateBitterman2.jpg.jpg

NateBitterman3.jpg.jpg

NateBitterman4.jpg.jpg

NateBitterman5.jpg.jpg

NateBitterman6.jpg.jpg

NateBitterman7.jpg.jpg

NateBitterman8.jpg.jpg

Sorry don't like the pine tree shadow on the wolf one iota, it looks gimicky for gimmicks sake.

Does it have to be there to tie the wolf into the name?

Lose it and it goes up a thousand.

As for the rest it is very well done, the trees on the numbers and side panels are great and the overall package is well done.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Change the black eye. It seems like an odd and unneeded splash of black. Go blue. Also agreed with fumbler that the tree shadow on the one looks a little gimmicky. For me it just adds unneeded clutter, not to mention just 1 more color that isn't needed. Those small issues aside, I really like it! As a born and raised Minnesotan, this feels very Minnesotan. I like having green being more dominant and the gray taking a major backseat. 

I dig this for the most part. The half-tree stripe on the shorts is awesome! But I really don't like the eyes as the secondary logo. I don't know -- I just don't think I've ever seen eyes by themselves, disembodied, translate into a solid logo. But maybe that's just me. Plus it introduces yellow into the uniforms where it doesn't exist anywhere else. I'd ditch the eyes altogether and bring a little bit of grey trim into the uniforms, maybe as a thin extra outline on the striping or the wordmarks.

There's a lot to like here.

The logo is a bit too white.  Maybe needs some more blue in the wolf?  I am not quite sure how to rectify it.  

Wordmarks look good.

I don't love the eyes and they are definitely a distraction on the uniforms.

But everything else on the uniforms is a really nice.  The color balance is great (though maybe the blue should be a bit lighter).  I like the slight nod to the tree on the shorts.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like pretty much everything about this concept, except for the eyes. They just seem really out of place and too minor league. I actually really like the white wolf look. It's something different than a lot of the other concepts. Also, I like that you emphasized green in this set. Been saying for years that the Wolves need to use it more. 

Archived