Islanders and Sabres sets

Discrim

Could we maybe see that alternate design but replace Buffalo with Ottawa? I'm curious to see it in Sens colors and that "O" logo in the middle. It could be perfect.

and I agree, the blue sabres jersey needs white on the design to add balance. I don't know how I didnt see that.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

31 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

No No No on the alternate

3 hours ago, Bruins said:

Wow. This is so yes and so no that they can keep going back and forth like a paradox. I love it deeply for what it is

41 minutes ago, worcat said:

That Buffalo alternate is a love/hate relationship for me. If it were real, I'd buy it but never wear it. Never tell anyone I owned it but secretly look at it in the closet every night.

:D Yeah, I figure it'd be a love it-or-hate it design IRL.  There's no way I'd recommend it as a primary design (even I have my limits, believe it or not.  This isn't "Why the hell did I do this?" level, just common sense.  Same goes for the Isles alt.) but thirds will be what thirds are.

the Home needs the two outside stripes white it gives it more balance

I dunno, the classic blues did just fine with just gold stripes.

Such rich history you could chose from to create an alternate...

...and I was beholden to none of it.  One one hand, I understand where you're coming from, having seen more than a few cringeworthy Cubs concepts (and the Avs wearing actual cringeworthy jerseys).  On the other hand, my approach for normal concepts is that I will try to adhere to a team's particular tradition to some extent for home & away.  For alts, though, I'm typically only beholden to that team's colors and my vision for that uniform.  No guarantees that history will get a foot in the door.  Things like College to Pro, or the Kings anniversary mini-series I'm currently doing, that's generally where I mostly chuck my usual style to the side in favor of history because I'm well aware that I'd wind up defeating the purpose otherwise.  What was essentially an honest inquiry deserves an honest answer, IMO.

7 minutes ago, worcat said:

Could we maybe see that alternate design but replace Buffalo with Ottawa? I'm curious to see it in Sens colors and that "O" logo in the middle. It could be perfect.

Not sure, given that A: I don't want to turn this into a megathread, I was gonna stop here actually; and B: I'm not a huge fan of the O.  I might humor you though, and throw in a Panthers version.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's just a fun design. Sometimes they aren't meant to be taken seriously but this is actually something I could see a NHL team doing because, sometimes the NHL makes unpopular decisions that sometimes kinda work? The reason I mentioned Ottawa is that they have had a similar design but running horizontal, not vertical and this could be a nod to the past but also a little out there that it could work.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

A couple variants of the Sabres alt for the hell of it...first, Senators version (a thinner barberpole than the one on their real alts is the main tweak).  Complete with laurel captain patches.

senatorsalt16.png

And the one I threatened, the Panthers, also with a slight tweak: the middle stripe on the sleeves featuring the alt logo's sun, as well as also having sunny captain patches that went unused because though I know Jagr's not Florida's captain, I can't remember if he's an alternate or not (obviously, I leaned towards not, but I could be wrong...me and the mullet man are both old, lol)

flapanthersalt16.png

I might post a few juniors' versions, given they're usually more likely to just use a given template verbatim...that'll be it for this thread, though.  Have your say.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived