Islanders and Sabres sets

Discrim

I'll be real with you guys, I've been a bit lacking in inspiration for the last couple months....but I think that'll end here.  My own laziness couldn't stop me...and PC issues could only stop me briefly :hockeysmiley:  I give you the Isles!  The main thing I set out to do here was bring back the four stripes and incorporate them into the sleeve and hem stripes.

islandersset1.png?ssitoken_1472773745283

The alt...I'd initially intended for the Islanders script to be larger.  The way I wound up leaving things, though, I felt the stripes superseded any need for a crest.  Kinda like the Canucks' flying V.

islandersalt1.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The home/away are pretty cool, out there, but cool. I think the alt. Is a little too out there though therefore I can't see it as an actual isles jersey. I wonder how these would look on the edge template with the horizontal stripes and all. It's a pretty cool thought, but it feels dated.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

55 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I wanna hate this, but also wanna love this... Great idea!

It's what I do...make people feel like Rihanna :P

40 minutes ago, Bruins said:

The home/away are pretty cool, out there, but cool. I think the alt. Is a little too out there though therefore I can't see it as an actual isles jersey. I wonder how these would look on the edge template with the horizontal stripes and all. It's a pretty cool thought, but it feels dated.

Keep wondering.  I don't see myself using an edge temp anytime soon, mainly because edge ruined the Avs' jerseys.  I'm still mad about that.

38 minutes ago, worcat said:

I think if you left the pattern on the arms it'd look great. Make the hem stripe match that of the socks and it's golden!

I'll think about it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

On Thursday, September 01, 2016 at 11:43 PM, Tygers09 said:

I see where you're going with this, I really like the stripes. Does it look good on paper? Yes! Would it work in reality? No.

Hey, you never know...MUCH stranger striping has seen NHL action.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Wow, I hate it, but I love it. The home/away striping seems a bit big, and if you squished it to be flatter it'd look better. The alternate is just crazy. Same thing, but I like it less than the home and away.

Any chance we'll get that awesome template?

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, September 03, 2016 at 8:23 PM, Tygers09 said:

True.. The Canucks V jerseys of the late 70s/early 80s come to mind.

I had more in mind the Isles' fishstick jerseys, that podium stripe the Flames had in the mid 90s, the Quebec Rafales, or a number of the Bruins' early sweaters (hell, you could throw in the 96 WC) when I was thinking of stranger striping.

On Thursday, September 01, 2016 at 7:13 PM, worcat said:

Make the hem stripe match that of the socks and it's golden!

It's about 10 days late, give or take, but here you go

islandersset2.png

And because I don't feel like making a new thread and will simply rename this one, the Sabres!  Decided to throw in the only part most liked about the recent, short-lived thirds (the captaincy patches) and use curved stripes along with a yoke, the likes of which I don't think I've seen in reality.

bufsabresset1.png?ssitoken_1473730271124

Complete with weird third jersey...with its own variant of the captaincy patches

bufsabresalt1.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

20 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

I had more in mind the Isles' fishstick jerseys, that podium stripe the Flames had in the mid 90s, the Quebec Rafales, or a number of the Bruins' early sweaters (hell, you could throw in the 96 WC) when I was thinking of stranger striping.

It's about 10 days late, give or take, but here you go

islandersset2.png

THIS! Great job, It's traditional and new at the same time. 10/10

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Islanders update looks really good.  Proof you can have a fresh, non-conventional design that still manages to be effective.  I'd love to see the dark version used as an alternate with the current set.  Blows the current Black & White atrocity out of the water.

That updated Islanders concept is perfect, it's unique but not too crazy.

I also like the Sabres curved stripes and I'm intrigued by the yoke design, but I think the yoke is a bit too busy as is with the stripes, logos, and the wordmark next to the collar.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

• 2 weeks later...

Man...I must have a thing for doing things 10 days at a time or something...anyway, the Sabres have been tweaked.  The home and away are a bit less busy...

bufsabresset2.png

...and the alternate's vintage white was lightened so it actually looks whitish this time.

bufsabresalt2.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

That Buffalo alternate is a love/hate relationship for me. If it were real, I'd buy it but never wear it. Never tell anyone I owned it but secretly look at it in the closet every night.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

No No No on the alternate

and the Home needs the two outside stripes white it gives it more balance

Such rich history you could chose from to create an alternate... I'm really really sorry but as a Buffalo guy this is worse than the buffa-slug, and the goat head, and and the past alternate.

Archived