Las Vegas Desert Knights(updated)

bkreitz10

Okay, I'm newer to the concept thing so this is my first official concept. With the rumors of Las Vegas' expansion team being named "Desert Knights", I figured to go ahead and give it a shot. I used the what the owner said about "chain pattern" and added that to the jersey. I also used the WCH2016 template. C&C is welcome!

LVHOME.jpg

LVAWAY.jpg

While I'm sorta against a NHL team in Vegas. I love the name Desert Knights, and this design is really really good. Especially for it being your first design. My only critique is the red, it looks great on the logo but I don't think it should be on the jersey. It makes it look to similar to the Coyotes, I think you should make the chain mail longer too. But other than that great job. (If this is what they decide to go around, I think the Coyotes should get out of Glendale)

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

13 minutes ago, CodeG said:

While I'm sorta against a NHL team in Vegas. I love the name Desert Knights, and this design is really really good. Especially for it being your first design. My only critique is the red, it looks great on the logo but I don't think it should be on the jersey. It makes it look to similar to the Coyotes, I think you should make the chain mail longer too. But other than that great job. (If this is what they decide to go around, I think the Coyotes should get out of Glendale)

What of I go for like a burnt orange?

1 hour ago, bkreitz10 said:

What of I go for like a burnt orange?

Burnt Orange would also be close to the Ducks on the black jersey. Maybe keep the Vegas gold and add a desert-y color while eliminating the red and chain mail arms? Or just keep the chainmail arms

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

4 minutes ago, CodeG said:

Burnt Orange would also be close to the Ducks on the black jersey. Maybe keep the Vegas gold and add a desert-y color while eliminating the red and chain mail arms? Or just keep the chainmail arms

Ok, so just stick to what Foley intended for in the first place

If you want to be true to "Desert Knights", they would never wear that style of armor in the heat of the desert. It would work for "Knights" though.

Your helmet logo is a little too generic and it is off center. It would look better centered on the mid-line of the helmet.

I suggest creating a unique shield and swords logo, or coat of arms logo with a little touch of Las Vegas style to replace the helmet.

Gambling imagery will never be included in the real logo package. I know it is Vegas, but the NHL and us locals won't have it. Create an identity around your unique chosen name, not the stereotypical "Vegas Baby" tourist imagery. 

6 hours ago, Whitefoot said:

If you want to be true to "Desert Knights", they would never wear that style of armor in the heat of the desert. It would work for "Knights" though.

Your helmet logo is a little too generic and it is off center. It would look better centered on the mid-line of the helmet.

I suggest creating a unique shield and swords logo, or coat of arms logo with a little touch of Las Vegas style to replace the helmet.

Gambling imagery will never be included in the real logo package. I know it is Vegas, but the NHL and us locals won't have it. Create an identity around your unique chosen name, not the stereotypical "Vegas Baby" tourist imagery. 

I do like the shield idea and I tried it out with a nod to Bull Foley's military past. What I did was too simple, I used the army Calvary patch and swapped the horse head for the star on the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign. But it turned into a gold and black NYR logo. I can still tool around a/ a shield though.

So the changes are new color scheme, black, vegas gold, and army grey. I made a new logo which is the army calvary badge w/ the knight logo. Also the chain mail is sublimated. If anyone wants me to stick to the rumors and add the desert color just let me know and I will. This set works for both Golden Knights and Desert Knights. Also once I'm done with this I'm going to do a complete (and realistic) NHL- Adidas series.

C&C?

LVHOMEu.jpg

LVAWAYu.jpg

18 hours ago, bkreitz10 said:

So the changes are new color scheme, black, vegas gold, and army grey. I made a new logo which is the army calvary badge w/ the knight logo. Also the chain mail is sublimated. If anyone wants me to stick to the rumors and add the desert color just let me know and I will. This set works for both Golden Knights and Desert Knights. Also once I'm done with this I'm going to do a complete (and realistic) NHL- Adidas series.

C&C?

LVHOMEu.jpg

LVAWAYu.jpg

Way too much under-utilized space. Also those three stripes look incredibly tacky. If anything, you could try this logo on the shoulders, but it's trying too hard, on the Army connection.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived