'Huskers passing the football?

JamesCraven

Believe it or not, Nebraska is actually passing footballs. Sweet Jim Cavezial, what in the name is going on in Lincoln?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Anybody who didn't see this coming is blind. Of course they're gonna pass -- they don't have a coach who likes to run the option in Bill Callahan. I can't see how the Huskers will be any good this year with their depth chart probably full of option QB's who can't throw worth a lick and WR's who are probably better at blocking than at recieving.

I can't see Lincoln's introduction to the forward pass being an immediate success.

IUe6Hvh.png

This is unreal, it's gonna be odd watching Nebraska on TV this fall and seeing them pass 35-40 times a game. I don't really see how they can make the switch this year, but in the next year or so, I think that they'll be able to get some good recruits in that'll fit the system. I don't look for them to be too horrible though, b/c they should still have some semblance of a defense. On the other hand, this may be the only opportunity for KU to beat the Huskers in the next 50 years. Ah, who am I kidding? It hasn't happened in my dad's lifetime and it won't happen in mine.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Nebraska...West Coast...odd. usually, it's option, run, option, run, option, run, repeat...and every 25th play, pass :D

then again, it worked out for Oklahoma...you may have forgotten that the Sooners were once like NU, ran all the time and occassionally made some attempt at passing. I figure it'll work out in the next few years

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

then again, it worked out for Oklahoma...you may have forgotten that the Sooners were once like NU, ran all the time and occassionally made some attempt at passing.  I figure it'll work out in the next few years

This is the very first thing I thought of when Callahan was first hired in Lincoln. The Sooners had some down years and finally broke away from their wishbone offense and after just a couple of years to get the kinks out won the national title. I figure the same will happen with Nebraska.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived