The number 11

Grish

I will admit not knowing the rule book very well, but I thought some of the restrictions had to do with who could CATCH balls.

Once in motion the only thing that differentiate them is their numbers...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Another reason to not be a KWII fan, other then not holding up his oral commitment the U of W Huskies, because he said there were not enought African American Coaches on staff. Yet, I am sorry how many did Miami have.

Where is the good old days when you where lucky to wear an NFL jersey....?

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

i admit k dubs is a punk sometimes, and i really didnt like his demeanor at the university of crime and drugs, especially when he blew up after those losses, but since he showed up in camp, he looks a little more humble from what i've seen (i live in cleveland) and read in the plain dealer.

i guess a man as greedy as k dubs couldnt "settle" for a pac10 school. ^_^

but let me reiterate that i am not defending him until he shows me some football that is worth the $95,000 the browns are paying him per quarter.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

the whole thing seems kinda dumb to me, I mean for training camp it's ok but once the season starts it's gonna look goofy to see these guys runnin around with #11 on their jersey. This is the NFL after all, not the NCAA.

Prior to 1974, receivers and running backs could wear any number between 10 and 49 with receivers also being able to wear numbers in the 80's. Hence you had Hall of Fame receivers like Don Maynard wearing #13, Charlie Joiner wearing #18 and Fred Biletnikoff wearing #25. The rule contained a grandfather clause so that those guys could keep their numbers for the remainder of their careers. I didn't like it when the NFL restricted numbers 30 years ago and I am happy to see them loosening up, somewhat.

I would not want to see the NFL go to the NCAA level, where linebackers wear single digit numbers. I wouldn't mind the NFL allowing running backs and defensive backs to wear numbers in the 10-19 range, but there is no shortage of numbers for those positions like there is at receiver, so there is no reason for the league to change the rule further.

• 4 weeks later...

Winslow gets dad's number

Winslow, the Browns' talented rookie tight end, was able to buy No. 80 -- the number his dad made famous with the San Diego Chargers -- from teammate Aaron Shea for his first season in the NFL.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived