Best sports cities 2004

DEAD!

The Avalanche have the longest consecutive sellout streak of ANY professional sports team.

No way. Absolutly no way that is true. The rest of your post was great, but Green Bay, New York Giants, tons of others have longer ones I think...

InTheEnd88 is absolutely correct. Here is an article from 11/06/03 discussing the streak:

Avalanche Active Sellout Streak Reaches 400 Thursday Night

The current active sellout streak of 400 consecutive games is the longest recorded streak in NHL history and the longest active streak in all of major professional sports.

And here is an article with the current streak length:

TV deal won't affect impasse

It?s the rival Colorado Avalanche who claim a current sellout streak of 434 games, including the playoffs. That NHL-record streak goes back to November 1995, the franchise?s first season in Denver.

Yep -- I was at sellout #398. They say what the streak is at before each game, if I remember correctly.

It's probably at 450 or so now because I went to the second home game of the season against St. Louis.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yes, bit that's because play 33 more home games a year than Green Bay or the Giants. The Giants still have people on their waiting list from back when they played in Yankee Stadium.

And regardless. We're still talking about hockey where finding teams that sell out is very difficult. The Avs have also only been a team since 1995. And, I believe, have sold out every home game in their history.

IUe6Hvh.png

The list does not treat all markets equally.

For the larger markets, it combines cities into a single metropolitan area, such as New York / New Jersey / Long Island ... or Oakland / San Francisco / San Jose ...

But toward the bottom of the list, individual communities in the same market are listed separately, rather than combined.

For example, Scranton / Wilkes-Barre is listed as #268, with Long Pond PA listed as #281, even though they are in the same market. (Long Pond is just 15 minutes from Scranton -- closer than Wilkes-Barre is!) The actual market would undoubtedly move up if it were properly combined. (And you could make a case to include Williamsport PA in the same market, moving it up even further.)

Also, Harrisburg and Hershey are listed as separate entities, even though they are about 8 miles apart!

If these cities are listed as separate, then you have to list East Rutherford NJ and Uniondale, Long Island as distinct from New York City.

---------------------------------------

YAY! Post #300!

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Chicago is only at #11, my ass.

#366 is absolute bullcrap. :mad:

The Goldeyes sellout every other game, the Bombers attendance is always strong, the Moose' crowds are increasing, and lately both the Bombers and Goldeyes have established themselves as premiere, money-making franchises in their league. The Moose are getting a state-of-the-art arena and the Goldeyes play in one of the top parks in minor or independent baseball. Talk about bringing back the Jets is widespread, and gains legitimacy with every passing day of the lockout.

So, Niles OH, Visalia CA, Buies Creek NC, etc. etc. etc, how much did you pay for your ranking?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Montreal is 33rd... Not bad considering that our "beloved" Expos have a mediocre attendance level.

I think if they made a list for hockey only, Montreal would be in the Top 5... As some Lightning players said, it was hell to play in Montreal with all the noise... Way worse than Calgary ;)

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived