Local Rugby Club Concept

the_grateful_ted

Hey guys, it's been a while. While I was up at university, my case of rugby fever got exponentially worse. Now that I'm back home in AZ, it got me thinking about if everyone had the same obsession with the sport as I have developed. I'm unsure if this will continue beyond this little concept, but I have a little more time to kill now that school's out so who knows. For now, I have a little concept for neighborhood a I grew up around. "Encanto-Palmcroft", in central Phoenix. The colors are meant to represent the vintage feeling of the neighborhood, as well as the stucco/tile coloration many of the houses have.

Crest

Encanto-Palcroft is well known for its historic homes, mostly Spanish style villas and its streets lined with palm trees. I did my best to recreate a simple, stylized version of one of these types of houses, and included the palm tree at the bottom to include both aspects of the name. I struggled a little bit with the tiling on the roofs, and would like to know how I could represent them in a different way. 

Kits

The kits are not very complicated. I thought the shoulder striping looked classy, and although the template does not show it the socks would feature identical striping. The clash kit features green details that are supposed to represent the green fronds of the palms (maybe a little exaggerated), and the black is just a dark base besides maroon to make the green pop. The kit ad is probably the most interesting part of the uniform. The Heard Museum is dedicated to preserving as much of the indigenous native-american culture as it can, and is adored by everyone in the central phoenix area (if you are ever in Phoenix check it out, it's very cool). 

N7Ne1Nb.png

IF2JduX.png

7amaZWf.png

This template was given to me over a year ago, and I cannot find who gave it to me. If I see the name it will click very quickly, so PM me so I can give whoever it was credit!

What do you guys think? Should I expand into more well-known areas of AZ, or even a larger rugby concept? C&C is always appreciated, thanks! 

I love the concept, not enough rugby around here and the fact it is in Arizona has me more into it it’s a great crest and I like the colors. From here I think you should go full Arizona rugby league considering your first team was such a small town. Want to see if you can do multiple teams out of Arizona and see what color combos you come up with after exhausting the cream, brick, turquoise or copper that we are known for here. Also I might have a slight bias towards Arizona. *cough* Do Tempe next *cough*

I like it, but the roof on your house has those weird shaped tiles but the lines are straight on the sides and on top???

Also instead of having a black clash why not just reverse the first and add black?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived