Eagles Helmet Logo -- Side or Front?

I'm not sure how to word this thought/question, but I'll do my best.

Until looking at the pictures below, I've always thought of the Eagles helmet logo as being placed on the side on the helmet, like most helmet logos.

C_f0pt-XcAA0nCw.jpgPhiladelphia_Eagles_Riddell_Revolution_S

For some reason, the perspective in these pictures makes it look more to me like a front-oriented logo that carries on to the side of the logo like the logos below (which would be unique in NFL history, if memory serves me).  Maybe it's because the pictures make it look like one decal tucked under the bumper (which probably isn't the case). 

5976716527_d2c727ec5f.jpgfootball-helmet_0.jpgwiscon2005u.jpg

Now I'm curious to learn the opinion of others on this . . . knowing that it is an even more esoteric topic than most of what we already discuss.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I believe it's two decals tucked under the bumpers. I think the pre-1996 logos had the same placement minus being tucked under the bumpers.

But, yeah...I used to get those little gumball-machine helmets where you apply the decals yourself...Bengals, Rams, and Eagles never looked quite right because the decals were made to go on the side of the helmet and theirs had different placements.

That's my assumption.  That said, my thought/question on this is whether anyone at least perceives it as front-oriented logo since the bumper makes it look like one decal.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

21 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

That's my assumption.  That said, my thought/question on this is whether anyone at least perceives it as front-oriented logo since the bumper makes it look like one decal.

Definitely a side decal, as some helmets clearly show the disconnect in the front.

image.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've always - going back to the Cunningham-era uniforms - considered their logo to be one that starts in the front and continues onto the side. Same with Rams' horns, albeit a different shape.

Ordinary side logos are those like the Raiders' shield or the Colts' horseshoe: some may come up higher than others in but none go too far to the front or back.

Then you have wraparound logos like those used by Minnesota or Seattle: they are largely on the side of the helmet but also prominently extend to the back (even meeting there in the case of the Seahawks' current helmet).

And then you have the Bengals' tiger stripes, which are completely different in form and placement from any other helmet logo in NFL history.

21 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

And then you have the Bengals' tiger stripes, which are completely different in form and placement from any other helmet logo in NFL history.

I think of the Bengals helmets as being sort of in the category of Maryland's current helmets . . . which have the added feature of a wordmark across the back.

e0e5681c-d30a-4124-827b-ee889d4353fa-lar

You’d start applying the decals on the front, but I’m not sure it’s in either class. It’s kind of it’s own thing. If you HAD to label, I guess side. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

I think of the Bengals helmets as being sort of in the category of Maryland's current helmets . . . which have the added feature of a wordmark across the back.

e0e5681c-d30a-4124-827b-ee889d4353fa-lar

Taken off for 2018 (and looks way better/cleaner).  Looking back at it, having the state flag and "MARYLAND" in huge letters on the helmet was pretty redundant.

lriurneggmtyx6w9d42s.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

Taken off for 2018 (and looks way better/cleaner) ?

lriurneggmtyx6w9d42s.jpg

How did I not pick that up since I've watched at least part of almost every one of their games this season (if not all of them)?

And I agree that it looks better.

Archived