Football Reclamation Project

JamieRose

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bridder01 said:

I hear ya.  The Federals were kinda screwed either way.  A month before they played their first game, the Redskins won Super Bowl XVII vs. Miami.  The Federals were going to have to duplicate the feat if they were ever going to make it in DC.  Truth be told, I preferred the Orlando Renegades uniform over either of the Washington Federals uniforms.  The Renegades unis just look more stylish.  I, too, didn't like the Denver Gold switching out Old Gold for Yellow Gold.  Looked like they spilled mustard on their uniforms lol.  As for the LA Express, I kinda liked their '85 jerseys, at least the sleeves, putting the LA monogram on the sleeve looked neat.  But you're right, they went overboard with the red.  The '85 Express were a mess in more ways than just their uniforms.  On the other hand, I liked the '84 Chicago Blitz uniforms as well.  Reminded me of a colorful version of the iconic New York Jets jerseys from the late '60s (I am a Jets fan, or was anyway.  The NFL sucks right now, and the Jets went from classy to trashy with their latest uniform set).  I even liked the little touch of having the Chicago city flag on the back of the helmet, both in '83 and '84.

Now, the Gunslingers on the other hand...……...sheesh lol

Happy Friday!
Brian

I;d be intrested to see your 1-19 ranking for USFL uniforms or it could be 1-26 or so depending on how many changes the league actually had. 

Funny thing u mentioned San Antonio, the Guns would definitely be in my top half i love their uniforms

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

47 minutes ago, bridder01 said:

Awesome Sauce! :)

I hate to be that guy but im a total USFL geek

The Gamblers' helmet strip in real life was very very thin, and i think the white and red were very slightly seperated!

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

4 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

I;d be intrested to see your 1-19 ranking for USFL uniforms or it could be 1-26 or so depending on how many changes the league actually had. 

Funny thing u mentioned San Antonio, the Guns would definitely be in my top half i love their uniforms

1-23 - All the other USFL teams

24-26 - '83 thru '85 New Jersey Generals (because of President Moron) lol

I still am a USFL geek lol.  I still watch the games that are on YouTube (USFL Forever channel).  I'm trying to get all of the teams media guides (I've got all of the '83 teams).  The USFL rocked!...…….until President Moron got involved.

1 minute ago, bridder01 said:

1-23 - All the other USFL teams

24-26 - '83 thru '85 New Jersey Generals (because of President Moron) lol

LOL. The Generals uniforms are all time classic too i loved how they followed the Chiefs blueprint for logo being different color from rest of the uniform. The Dotard didnt have anything to do with their look it was Walter Duncan, their first owner who thought up their uniform. The wreath did slightly change in 84 to lighter gold and brown and ws a slightly refined(better)shape, maybe that was Trumps idea who knows....

4 minutes ago, bridder01 said:

I still am a USFL geek lol.  I still watch the games that are on YouTube (USFL Forever channel).  I'm trying to get all of the teams media guides (I've got all of the '83 teams).  The USFL rocked!...…….until President Moron got involved.

The man had good intentions at first and i did like his drive to make the USFL feel major league on all fronts. It was his impatience that drove the USFL six feet under, had they waited another year or 2...who knows, with the '87 NFL strike. there would been a mass exodus of NFL guys going to the USFL. i think they wouldve forced to NFL to their knees by then for a merger. The USFL wouldve been in total control by that point!

11 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

LOL. The Generals uniforms are all time classic too i loved how they followed the Chiefs blueprint for logo being different color from rest of the uniform. The Dotard didnt have anything to do with their look it was Walter Duncan, their first owner who thought up their uniform. The wreath did slightly change in 84 to lighter gold and brown and ws a slightly refined(better)shape, maybe that was Trumps idea who knows....

I agree with ya.  It's just because of Trump's stink on the team and his killing the league that puts the Generals at the bottom of my list (well, at least the '84 and '85 Generals).  Let me see if I can actually do a list.   Umm...……..

1.  '84 Arizona

2.  '84 Chicago (because of the parallel to the late '60s Jets)

3.  '83 Boston

4.  '84 New Orleans

5.  '85 Portland

6.  '83 New Jersey

7.  '83 Chicago

8.  '84 Oakland

9.  '85 Oakland

10.  '83 Denver

11.  '84 Denver

12.  '85 Orlando

13.  '83 Philadelphia

14.  '84 Philadelphia

15.  '85 Baltimore

16.  '83 Washington

17.  '84 Washington

18.  '83 Los Angeles

19.  '84 Los Angeles

20.  '84 Memphis

21.  '85 Memphis

22.  '83 Michigan

23.  '84 Michigan

24.  '84 Jacksonville

25.  '85 Jacksonville

26.  '83 Tampa Bay

27.  '84 Tampa Bay

28.  '85 Tampa Bay

29.  '85 Denver

30.  '84 Houston

31.  '85 Houston

32.  '84 San Antonio

33.  '85 San Antonio

34.  '85 Arizona

35.  '84 Oklahoma

36.  '83 Birmingham

37.  '84 Birmingham

38.  '85 Birmingham

39.  '84 Pittsburgh

40.  '85 Los Angeles

41.  '83 Oakland

42.  '83 Arizona

43.  '84 New Jersey

44.  '85 New Jersey

How's that? lol

2 minutes ago, bridder01 said:

I agree with ya.  It's just because of Trump's stink on the team and his killing the league that puts the Generals at the bottom of my list (well, at least the '84 and '85 Generals).  Let me see if I can actually do a list.   Umm...……..

1.  '84 Arizona

2.  '84 Chicago (because of the parallel to the late '60s Jets)

3.  '83 Boston

4.  '84 New Orleans

5.  '85 Portland

6.  '83 New Jersey

7.  '83 Chicago

8.  '84 Oakland

9.  '85 Oakland

10.  '83 Denver

11.  '84 Denver

12.  '85 Orlando

13.  '83 Philadelphia

14.  '84 Philadelphia

15.  '85 Baltimore

16.  '83 Washington

17.  '84 Washington

18.  '83 Los Angeles

19.  '84 Los Angeles

20.  '84 Memphis

21.  '85 Memphis

22.  '83 Michigan

23.  '84 Michigan

24.  '84 Jacksonville

25.  '85 Jacksonville

26.  '83 Tampa Bay

27.  '84 Tampa Bay

28.  '85 Tampa Bay

29.  '85 Denver

30.  '84 Houston

31.  '85 Houston

32.  '84 San Antonio

33.  '85 San Antonio

34.  '85 Arizona

35.  '84 Oklahoma

36.  '83 Birmingham

37.  '84 Birmingham

38.  '85 Birmingham

39.  '84 Pittsburgh

40.  '85 Los Angeles

41.  '83 Oakland

42.  '83 Arizona

43.  '84 New Jersey

44.  '85 New Jersey

How's that? lol

Impressive!  that many different looks huh? I was defintely off

The 84 Blitz uniforms always struck me as CFLish before you mentioned the Jets connection and it totally makes sense. Nice call!

Here's mine:

Arizona '84 ('84 the greatest of all time: it really pushed the envelop on possibilities  it was considered too busy at the time, well it's aged well and is the perfect balance of busy and simple. Copper is so underused it kills me......'83 Wranglers were a cluster:censored: of a uniform)

Michigan '84 then '83 (silver helmet 4 games in '83,grey facemask, only change in '84 was plum facemask which i liked more so '84 Panthers slightly on top)

Jacksonville '84-'85 (yes they wore the silver pants on the road more in '85 , in '84. they wore burgandy pants on the road all games except one. both looks ruled!)

Chicago Blitz '83-'84(I prefer '83 over '84 but a slight margin, it's close on this one)

Houston Gamblers '84-'85

Tampa Bay Bandits '83-'85

New Jersey Generals '84-'85, '83(The reason 84-85 wins is because of the refined Wreath, it was a beautiful thing as Mr.Trumptard is likely to say. classy uniform simple effective)

San Antonio '84-'85(Same uniform pallete as the Redskins!!!  huge helmet stripe, same pant striping, same numerals. Same color scheme as Seahawks just colors placed differently.)

Boston NOLA Portland '83-'85 (were at the half way point here now almost, strange they aint higher on the list however i just happen to like the ones above a hair more, still awesomeness personified!)

Washington '84 then '83( i love both to death, but the silver in '84 takes the top spot for me)

Birmingham '84-'85,'83(another classy uniform,logo....they did well wearing white pants on the road instead of gold. Their red home uniform w gold pants is classy and yes folks they had a slightly different shade of gold than the 49'ers)

Philadelphia '83-'85 (love the different golds between the helmets and pants it was a mustard gold actually and that white facemask made the whole thing from collapsing, pure class!)

Oakland '85, '83-'84 ( i prefer '85 because of the white pants, it seemed to clean up the colors a bit more)
Memphis '84-'85

Oklahoma '84 then '85 as AZ (one of the very first in pro football to wear all black as far as i know, it was pretty weird back then seeing that but now its commonplace, these guys did it first!! kudos.....in '85 what a mess not a fan at all not sure why maybe if you subtract the red and limit it to copper and black it wouldve been less messy,imo)

LA '83-'84 then '85 (As the Cowboys were my favorite team back then i embraced these uniforms as well, the slight addition of red was enough to not consider it garish, it was hardly noticeable on TV to be honest.....then in '85 they added all this red allover not a fan of it infact it's like they were ripping off the Cowboys 1976 look when they had a single red strip on their helmet to celebrate Americas 200th year, i know this stuff is ancient millenials will say WTF lol but i'm getting old i suppose)

Denver '83-'84 then '85 (the first years were strretching it as a Steeler rip off, in '85 it was full on Steeler theft, same shade of athletic gold ripoff, they were wise though to choose the white pants. with that being said i still like them, but its bottom of the barrell stuff)

Orlando '85 (passable Air Force ripoff, solid!)

Pittsburgh '84 (the worst and easily so, nothing i like about it. the purple and orange fall flat the grey is dull maybe had they lightened all 3 colors up a bit then all the colors wouldve popped out a bit more but as it was, just dull and lifeless just like the teams performance that year!)

4 hours ago, mkg74 said:

I hate to be that guy but im a total USFL geek

The Gamblers' helmet strip in real life was very very thin, and i think the white and red were very slightly seperated!

I was just looking at an '84 Topps USFL card (#35 - LB Mike Hawkins) and you're half right.  The white outer stripes are thinner, but there are no spaces between them and the red center stripe.  If I could add the pic here, I would lol

10 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

Here's mine:

Arizona '84 ('84 the greatest of all time: it really pushed the envelop on possibilities  it was considered too busy at the time, well it's aged well and is the perfect balance of busy and simple. Copper is so underused it kills me......'83 Wranglers were a cluster:censored: of a uniform)

Michigan '84 then '83 (silver helmet 4 games in '83,grey facemask, only change in '84 was plum facemask which i liked more so '84 Panthers slightly on top)

Jacksonville '84-'85 (yes they wore the silver pants on the road more in '85 , in '84. they wore burgandy pants on the road all games except one. both looks ruled!)

Chicago Blitz '83-'84(I prefer '83 over '84 but a slight margin, it's close on this one)

Houston Gamblers '84-'85

Tampa Bay Bandits '83-'85

New Jersey Generals '84-'85, '83(The reason 84-85 wins is because of the refined Wreath, it was a beautiful thing as Mr.Trumptard is likely to say. classy uniform simple effective)

San Antonio '84-'85(Same uniform pallete as the Redskins!!!  huge helmet stripe, same pant striping, same numerals. Same color scheme as Seahawks just colors placed differently.)

Boston NOLA Portland '83-'85 (were at the half way point here now almost, strange they aint higher on the list however i just happen to like the ones above a hair more, still awesomeness personified!)

Washington '84 then '83( i love both to death, but the silver in '84 takes the top spot for me)

Birmingham '84-'85,'83(another classy uniform,logo....they did well wearing white pants on the road instead of gold. Their red home uniform w gold pants is classy and yes folks they had a slightly different shade of gold than the 49'ers)

Philadelphia '83-'85 (love the different golds between the helmets and pants it was a mustard gold actually and that white facemask made the whole thing from collapsing, pure class!)

Oakland '85, '83-'84 ( i prefer '85 because of the white pants, it seemed to clean up the colors a bit more)
Memphis '84-'85

Oklahoma '84 then '85 as AZ (one of the very first in pro football to wear all black as far as i know, it was pretty weird back then seeing that but now its commonplace, these guys did it first!! kudos.....in '85 what a mess not a fan at all not sure why maybe if you subtract the red and limit it to copper and black it wouldve been less messy,imo)

LA '83-'84 then '85 (As the Cowboys were my favorite team back then i embraced these uniforms as well, the slight addition of red was enough to not consider it garish, it was hardly noticeable on TV to be honest.....then in '85 they added all this red allover not a fan of it infact it's like they were ripping off the Cowboys 1976 look when they had a single red strip on their helmet to celebrate Americas 200th year, i know this stuff is ancient millenials will say WTF lol but i'm getting old i suppose)

Denver '83-'84 then '85 (the first years were strretching it as a Steeler rip off, in '85 it was full on Steeler theft, same shade of athletic gold ripoff, they were wise though to choose the white pants. with that being said i still like them, but its bottom of the barrell stuff)

Orlando '85 (passable Air Force ripoff, solid!)

Pittsburgh '84 (the worst and easily so, nothing i like about it. the purple and orange fall flat the grey is dull maybe had they lightened all 3 colors up a bit then all the colors wouldve popped out a bit more but as it was, just dull and lifeless just like the teams performance that year!)

I can see your point of view.  My only complaint with Birmingham and Philadelphia/Baltimore is that their uniforms were way too close for comfort.  If it weren't for the gold numbers on the Stars' uniforms, they'd almost look like exact copies.  If I remember right, for the Pittsburgh Maulers, their colors (and I'm quoting from the media guide here) were Pittsburgh Purple, Renaissance Red and Steel Grey.  The Gunslingers' logo, I swear, it looks like an old gunfighter that got drunk one time too many and is wobbling down the street waiting to be shot (or in his case, is it half-shot? lol).  But, truth be told, in comparison to what the NFL is putting out nowadays, all the USFL looks are amazing and hold up after almost 40 years (in 2023).  The WFL uniforms, on the other hand...….well, some do and some don't (I mean, c'mon Southern California! lol)

4 hours ago, bridder01 said:

I can see your point of view.  My only complaint with Birmingham and Philadelphia/Baltimore is that their uniforms were way too close for comfort.  If it weren't for the gold numbers on the Stars' uniforms, they'd almost look like exact copies.  If I remember right, for the Pittsburgh Maulers, their colors (and I'm quoting from the media guide here) were Pittsburgh Purple, Renaissance Red and Steel Grey.  The Gunslingers' logo, I swear, it looks like an old gunfighter that got drunk one time too many and is wobbling down the street waiting to be shot (or in his case, is it half-shot? lol).  But, truth be told, in comparison to what the NFL is putting out nowadays, all the USFL looks are amazing and hold up after almost 40 years (in 2023).  The WFL uniforms, on the other hand...….well, some do and some don't (I mean, c'mon Southern California! lol)

I think Birmingham/Philadelphia's golds were slightly different enough to mark them apart looking back now maybe one of them shouldve sported a red helmet(probably the Stallions in this case)...Imagine a red helmet single gold stripe with a gold Stallion outlined in white with a gold facemask? I'll take it!

Renaissance Red huh?....Yeah that does make sense its a hybrid of red vs orange maybe a bowling green type of orange perhaps...all the colors were dull still  i mean to the point where i thought the Maulers were a navy blue team back in the day...in other words basicaly a Bears with Silver pants lol.....On the helmet that white stripe down the middle didnt do it for me either. Felt that was pretty ugly...

Didnt the Guns have  a 2 guns crossed together logo that was supposed to be used instead of the cartoony one? There are T's available of that logo with their colors..i'll have to look into that to see if they exist anymore.....

So Cal Sun...Im im the like it camp, i'm opretty sure its got it's haters too....some people like it have you seen Wideright's Cal Condors team here? Pretty much the SoCal Sun with Black being dominant over the hot pink/orange and it looks awesome!

On 1/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, JimmyN64 said:

Yeah, your template gave me the idea to use the old NFL style guides as a base, which I modified to simplify it a bit.

Here's some more --

B3HaqIh.png

Is it me or are the '74 Chicago Fire uniforms a blatant ripoff of the Atlanta Falcons of the same era?  Hmmmmmmm…………….

12 hours ago, bridder01 said:

Is it me or are the '74 Chicago Fire uniforms a blatant ripoff of the Atlanta Falcons of the same era?  Hmmmmmmm…………….

1974_Atlanta.pngPretty damn near the same thing! LOL

On 4/17/2020 at 8:35 AM, bridder01 said:

I really love your work here.  I noticed a couple of USFL teams that you haven't done yet.  From what I can tell, you're missing:

1983-84 Chicago Blitz

1984-85 Houston Gamblers

1984-85 San Antonio Gunslingers

1984-85 Jacksonville Bulls

1983-85 Tampa Bay Bandits

1984-85 Oklahoma/Arizona Outlaws

Now, I wonder which one we're getting next? :) I can't wait to be "Blitzed" by the "Bulls" lol

Actually, I'd also like to see concepts for the following 3 WFL teams:

Baltimore/Washington Ambassadors (or just plain ol' Washington Ambassadors)

Virginia Ambassadors (Washington/Virginia wound up as the Florida Blazers)

Boston Bulls (wound up as New York Stars/Charlotte Stars/Charlotte Hornets)

Now these would be cool :)

Archived