2019 NHL Country Club (offseason)

LMU

13 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Also, isn’t it a norm for pro teams to say they have the best fans in the sport? What’s an organization going to say? “Eh our fans do pretty well, but are still behind others”. 

It's not about the team saying it, it's about the extent to which the fans buy it: the St. Louis Cardinals are the case study here.

The Silicon Valley jab is about Big Tech new money. Look to how much everyone hates Warriors fans nowadays. But I don't think there's a great deal of overlap there. Sharks games aren't a place to see and be seen, anyone there is pretty much there for the game. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It's not about the team saying it, it's about the extent to which the fans buy it: the St. Louis Cardinals are the case study here.

The Silicon Valley jab is about Big Tech new money. Look to how much everyone hates Warriors fans nowadays. But I don't think there's a great deal of overlap there. Sharks games aren't a place to see and be seen, anyone there is pretty much there for the game. 

Oh ok, I understand that perspective. The fans have been arrogant, but my general thought is that it’s died down to some extent over time. As for “Big Tech New Money” I think that’s an unfair assessment to a lot of the fans that don’t come from that and don’t want to be represented by the reputation. It sucks that a whole team is attached to that specific Bay Area stereotype, but I guess I fall victim of misguided judgement of fan bases as well, like Boston or Vegas. I also can’t stress that last bit you said enough! There is no overlap in that aspect at all from my experience. 

Archived