2019 NHL Country Club (offseason)

LMU

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

MOD EDIT

MOD EDIT #2. 

Removed the reply too. We don't need a bunch of "what happened here" questions. Best to just pretend the entire exchange didn't take place. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Joe Pavelski to Dallas for 3 years

Hurts a little more each time I read it.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

MOD EDIT

MOD EDIT: No need to escalate things.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Anyways, I really don't think I like the Duchene signing. There have been rumors him coming to Nashville for years. While he's a good player, I can't help but feel like we're overpaying, when you look at the term. Also, he's a center. We already have so many that several natural Cs are moving to the wings. A superstar winger would have done more to strengthen the Preds, IMO. I'm just an armchair GM here, so I'll give it a chance. I just don't feel like Duchene is the player we need to get over the hump.

1 hour ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Ah Ohio sports teams. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild, get great, woah woah woah! Get rid of anyone who shows talent. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild...

It's kinda like the Marlins philosophy except without the championships.

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Ah Ohio sports teams. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild, get great, woah woah woah! Get rid of anyone who shows talent. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild...

I think they were hoping they could hold onto more than they did. Kind of a build it and maybe they will stay vibe, but fair point.

Marc Bergevin has to be the dumbest GM in the NHL with the boneheaded way he offersheeted Aho.  Come on Marc, the world knew Carolina would match it why didn't you?

7 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Former two-time Kings Stanley Cup winning head coach Darryl Sutter is now an advisor to the Ducks coaching staff.

Between him and Perry, this offseason is weird.

He's officially run the gamet of the California teams now.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

15 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Between him and Perry, this offseason is weird.

It kind of just feels like a continuation of the whole playoffs, in that respect. We saw numerous firsts and trends bucked. 

4 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

He is completely incompetent. 

At least he's consistent, though.

23 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

they're not "getting rid of anyone who shows talent". They made max offers and each of the 3 guys chose to play elsewhere for whatever reason. They tried their hardest, but Matt Duchene wants to be where they make country music, Bobrovsky wants to live on a beach, and Panarin wants to live in a bigger city. Even without higher taxes and cost of living figured in, Panarin is essentially paying 14 million dollars spread out over the next 8 years to not have to spend them in Columbus, Ohio. Sucks, but there's nothing you can do about it if a guy doesn't want to live in your city. 

The reflex everyone is going to have around hockey is to automatically pencil the team into last place in the Metro and I'd caution to think twice about that. Yes they lost 3 really good players. Yes the goaltender is a huge WHO THE F*** KNOWS, and at center they are thin, but there's the argument to be made that Bob and Panarin's hostage situation up until the trade deadline was a detriment to the team for much of the season and that an improved mindset across the room will help. Even after the deadline when they added Duchene they struggled to live up to how good they looked on paper. Panarin's play immediately following the deadline became noticeably less engaged, as if he was sulking from not getting moved. They were bad for weeks after the deadline, which included two dogs*** efforts against Edmonton to the aggregate score of 8-1. It was to the point that making the playoffs was sub 40% chance and required a 'F*** YOU GUYS WE KNOW YOU'RE LEAVING JUST PLAY TOGETHER NOW' team meeting and winning 7 out of their last 8 to qualify. Then and only then once everyone got their heads back in the game were they able to do the coolest thing that's ever happened to me as a hockey fan. 

yeah I wish they all would've re-signed, obviously, but the team's core isn't empty of talent and the vibe in the room should be improved. Still have a really good blueline, forwards like Dubois, Atkinson, Anderson, Bjorkstrand, and now Gus Nyquist. Question marks are goalie and center, but if they can move one of those solid D for a center and if Korpisalo and Elvis can put some solid play together then I don't hate their chances to make the playoffs. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived