College Athletic Logos Used for Academics & Vice Versa

Earl

On 5/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, Maroon said:

That's true, but they changed away from that (seems like counter what most universities are doing, per this thread), and this is the current academic logo:

logos-carrington-stacked.png

The Bearhead logo is still used over the same wordmark for athletics, but that's because MO State has stubbornly refused to develop an athletics wordmark that differs from the academic wordmark. It's all one unified wordmark used for both.

I think Missouri State should upgrade the bear head logo a little and get a totally new wordmark and alternate logo for athletics, each sport seems to use different fonts, I loved the old "SMS" wordmark.

sms.gif

Finishing up on the rest of DI schools that are in non-football conferences:

spacer.png     spacer.png     spacer.png     spacer.png     spacer.png
Interestingly, that's it.  Kennesaw State also already been shown as well as Nebraska Omaha although the 'O' is just slightly different for each.  Detroit Mercy uses the DM on some uniforms & on basketball court.  For LMU, the new lion logo is also a spirit mark & secondary athletics logo.  NM State is used for at least baseball.

And to add, like Missouri State, Quinnipiac uses their institutional wordmark & 'Q' on their uniforms:
spacer.png     spacer.png
I dare not venture into DII & DIII because I'm sure there's only a handful out of 550+ schools.  Let me know if I missed anyone, some I left out because they're debatable or I couldn't find concrete proof.  Any other schools that could pull off their primary athletics as an institutional mark?

Are you counting the CBU mark for California Baptist?  A kid from my son's school is going there next year to wrestle and there is a different athletic logo.  However, it looks like the CBU mark is also used for athletics.

spacer.png                           spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Are you counting the CBU mark for California Baptist?  A kid from my son's school is going there next year to wrestle and there is a different athletic logo.  However, it looks like the CBU mark is also used for athletics.

spacer.png                           spacer.png

Yep.  Come to think of it it's not quite the same as everything else.  What I've been sharing include the primary athletic logo in the institutional while the CBU is somewhat more of a Secondary.  But like you said, the same mark is used for both academics & athletics.  Thank you for bringing that up.

• 1 month later...

Archived