MLB Stadium Saga: Oakland/Tampa Bay/Southside

So_Fla

Mayor endorses the Sixers arena, despite more protests. Claims that a “deal has been reached”, implying that there’s some things that haven’t yet been made public. Possibly some guardrails to protect Chinatown, but we all know that those guardrails will be bypassed nearly immediately.  

Goes to council now, where it likely wont be voted on until early December. Her “reaching an agreement” just means that it can get sent to council, not that it actually is approved in any binding way. I’m pretty sure she can’t unilaterally go against council for something like this, but she already has done that for other things. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

33 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Mayor endorses the Sixers arena, despite more protests. Claims that a “deal has been reached”, implying that there’s some things that haven’t yet been made public. Possibly some guardrails to protect Chinatown, but we all know that those guardrails will be bypassed nearly immediately.  

Goes to council now, where it likely wont be voted on until early December. Her “reaching an agreement” just means that it can get sent to council, not that it actually is approved in any binding way. I’m pretty sure she can’t unilaterally go against council for something like this, but she already has done that for other things. 

And once that is finalized, the ownership of the Sixers will focus on a new stadium for one of the other two pro sports teams that they own: the Washington Commanders.  

1 hour ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

What are the chances the Commies jump to NoVa? They'll never be in DC proper, right?

I mean, if they can get some entity to blow up RFK and rebuild on that site, that'd probably be the best option, would it not? I mean, as it is now, RFK is just sitting there collecting weeds, rats, roaches and all other manner of vermin. But then, I ain't any kind of expert on these kinds of matters,  so I'll defer to the smart people who are on this one...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

What are the chances the Commies jump to NoVa? They'll never be in DC proper, right?

If she's still in the Virginia legislature by then, Louise Lucas will shut down any deal for the Commanders in Northern Virginia.  She was the one who said no to the proposed arena deal between Northern Virginia and Monumental Sports and Entertainment (Wizards and Capitals) that forced the Wizards and Caps to go back to DC for major renovations for their current place.