2020-2021 International Rugby Kits

kiwi_canadian

Looking at the other football code (and the better one in my opinion), there have been a few new kits revealed in the last few weeks, mainly with the Six Nations teams.

Scotland:

img_3252.jpgimg_3251.jpgimg_3255.jpg

Ireland: They received a bit of flack for the way they promoted their new kit (or at least Canterbury did) with using female models with the new kits photoshopped onto their bodies. Their reasoning was something along the lines that "the models have a body image that is more appealing to females rather than an actual female rugby body". It started the #iamenough movement within the rugby social media community with female rugby players. Canterbury ended up apologizing and then a slew of club kits were released with both male ad female players with the clubs modeling their new kits. Anyways, here are the Irish kits:

ef2vycqxgaaiwja.jpg?w=1024

ef0rc23waaept1f.jpg?w=1024

England: They have a new supplier, Umbro. Umbro is back in rugby after a rather long break. They used to make rugby kits back in the 90's I believe with mainly English club kits.

ehtgqtfwkaaos1l.pngehtg3v4x0aim4rz.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Italy released their new kits from Macron. They are simple and clean.

banner_sito_fir_slider_match_kit.jpg?w=1

maglia_958x812-min.jpg

I have to appreciate the subtle red and green lighting they used for the photoshoot 

I saw, I came, I left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The British & Irish Lions have released their new kit for their upcoming tour of South Africa. Usually they are a simple kit with a red shirt, white shorts and blue socks. These new ones by Canterbury keep that same tradition but the sleeves have a sublimated lion on them which is a step away from their traditional kits. Either way, they look pretty nice.

british-and-irish-lions-2021-pro-jersey-

Macron has really taken over in rugby(soccer too).

Three nations( Scotland, Wales, Italy) have macron as a supplier with Canterbury(Ireland) le coq sportif(France) and umbro(England) having the rest. Also happens that the three macron teams are the ones that have zero chance of winning the six nations this year.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

10 minutes ago, _J_ said:

Macron has really taken over in rugby(soccer too).

Three nations( Scotland, Wales, Italy) have macron as a supplier with Canterbury(Ireland) le coq sportif(France) and umbro(England) having the rest. Also happens that the three macron teams are the ones that have zero chance of winning the six nations this year.

Wales usually has a chance, but the other two? Not so much.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Wales usually has a chance, but the other two? Not so much.

But yet Scotland has the chance to ruin other's chances. Yes, I'm still bitter France lost because of an idiotic(but correctly called) red for a punch to the head.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 11:10 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

The Pumas have released their 2020-21 kit. One of the very few if not the last remaining Nike rugby national team left. They did not disapoint with both their primary and alternate kit either.

124690975_4646832932056155_5901984608245

.... and they picked a great time to  bring out the primary kits. 

I saw, I came, I left.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived