6 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Nice work on this series! I really like what you did with Pittsburgh in particular, the bridges on the sleeves was a nice touch.

Thanks! Credit to @Paul Lucas for the original idea. 

On 6/26/2023 at 6:41 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

I dig the Pittsburgh uniform, but wondering if I would dig it more with a Steel Grey cap with a gold bill.

Here you go:

Pirates-w-gray-cap.png

This doesn't look bad, but I prefer the gold crowned cap because it evokes hardhats worn by steel workers.

• Love 1

• 9 months later...

I'm back again with the first team from the final year of initial City Connect designs, the Philadelphia Phillies!

My first tweak is cross-posted from my new Nike 4+1 series:

Phillies-City-Connect-pullover.png

Notes:

- Put me down as one of the who actually like the Phils’ new City Connect uniforms. They’re pretty much the prototypical City Connect design: wildly different team colors, city iconography-inspired logos, “edgy” looking numbers and dark pants.

- One thing I did feel the need to change was the jersey gradient; I’ve always felt the best uniforms and logos are ones that can be easily recreated with a simple pen and paper, and it’s a bit hard to do that with a gradient. The jersey instead now features the Philadelphia skyline, a la the cap logo. I also converted the jersey into a partial pullover. 

- This is a super minor detail, but I made the Liberty Bell letter "O" on the sleeve patch gold to match the socks. 
- Thanks to @MJD7 for helping with the wordmark!

The next tweak is a bit more significant:

Phillies-w-pinstripes.png

Notes:

- Funnily enough, the inspiration for this version came from this women's fashion shirt I found on the MLBShop.com. 

- I was worried this design might veer a little too closely to the Cubs' City Connect, but in my universe the North Siders' design would be green, so the similarities would be minimal. 

- Front numbers are added for balance. 

I like to think that this second version might have been a little better received than what we actually got. C&C appreciated! 

• Like 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Phillies 4/9)
  • 2 weeks later...

Next up are the Mets!

Mets-City-Connect-w-sleeve-stripes.png

Notes:

- I find it funny how the teaser for the Mets' City Connect had everyone convinced the uniforms would be mainly purple, when it wound be being nothing more than an accent color. My goal here was to crank up the purple a bit, which I did by recoloring the "NYC" jersey letters, cap logo and cap bill. 
- Even though I don't hate how it looks as much as I thought it would, I still think pinstriped jerseys need to be paired with matching pants, so we end up with a monochrome concrete gray look. 

- A small pop of white is added to the roundel and sleeve trim. 

C&C appreciated! The Rays are next on the City Connect schedule, so I'll be back with a tweak of that design soon. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Mets 4/19)