NHL Flying V / Turn Ahead the Clock Series (ATL/KC/QC/HFD added, Series Complete!)

vtgco

On 1/28/2022 at 7:24 PM, walkerws said:

Nice! I would just skip the tail and eliminate that right shoulder stripe. 

Hmmm, well, this version feels a bit bare to me on the back, but it works:

MUA9Pm1.png

I think using the pitchfork horizontally as a chest stripe works far better if we wanna go without a tail:

mn23xQH.png

Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And our final team of the series, Winnipeg:

UGVUj3d.png

This one is pretty much a direct adaption of the Jets' 1990s logo, with the contrail as a chest stripe. Hopefully this is a navy blue-heavy enough jersey to go against an opposing team's white jersey!

Anyways, that's all the entries I have planned for this series, but any final suggestions are appreciated. Thank you all for your encouragement and feedback over this short series!

• vtgco changed the title to NHL Flying V / Turn Ahead the Clock Series (WPG added, Series Complete!)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 2:39 PM, Silence of the Rams said:

You know, just because I'm curious. Any chance Atlanta or KC Scouts are on the table

Hmmmm well it takes me a long time to come up with good ideas for these series... These perhaps aren't the greatest or most compelling ideas but they're the first things I could think of that I liked at all:

uHvk4lG.png

yfDH3YJ.png

Both are based on the defunct teams' secondary logos. Kansas City's is adapted to work better as chest stripes, and uses brown instead of red because someone has to. If someone has any Quebec City suggestions, I'm all ears; I'm not sure I have any ones I like...

On 1/30/2022 at 8:25 PM, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

This series has been great, and with the Jets jersey, you might have saved the best till last.

Sorry to take so long to respond, but I'm glad you like the Jets one, and thank you for all your feedback throughout the series!

• vtgco changed the title to NHL Flying V / Turn Ahead the Clock Series (Series Complete!)
2 hours ago, vtgco said:

If someone has any Quebec City suggestions, I'm all ears; I'm not sure I have any ones I like...

Maybe the flag of Quebec City could be your inspiration? Or probably the most recognisable landmarks of QC in skyline form?

On 2/9/2022 at 1:43 AM, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Maybe the flag of Quebec City could be your inspiration? Or probably the most recognisable landmarks of QC in skyline form?

Guess that's what I needed to hear! It's not a skyline, but definitely gotta show some love to la Citadelle, and it gets some vintage white flair:

y6mk7ls.png

And also, Hartford's whale tail is already pretty suited to an otherwise no-fuss getup:

CV7RLkG.png

Okay, since I can't think of any other teams I'd wanna do (I'm not sure I feel like doing the Seals or Barons), I think that about does it! C&C still appreciated if there are any last-minute fixes to I ought to make, but thank you once again for all the encouragement : )

• vtgco changed the title to NHL Flying V / Turn Ahead the Clock Series (ATL/KC/QC/HFD added, Series Complete!)

Archived