NBA All Star Jersey Concepts

Agus

Hi guys! Been out for a while, mainly because of college and work taking some time out of me (plus some issues with my password). I've done some stuff the past weeks to keep myself entertained, and wanted to share some with you.

Done these jerseys for the upcoming All-Star Game in Cleveland. Went with the wine and gold color scheme of the Cavs, and included some nods to the history of the team in the jerseys: the wave from the 90s and the 2018 City Edition,  the collar and armholes stripes from the 70s, and the numbers from the actual set. Finally, the three stars in the sides are from the official logo for the game.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Feedback is more than welcome! Hope to turn this into a full set.

13 hours ago, walkerws said:

I like this. I could see whine and gold vs. royal and orange. The old colorways might be for other weekend activities too though. 

Honestly, never thought about blue/orange for the USA vs. World match. That's a great idea! Might try my hand at it eventually.

16 hours ago, walkerws said:

I like this. I could see whine and gold vs. royal and orange. The old colorways might be for other weekend activities too though. 

Smart idea. Could play into the whole mixtape theme of the City Edition jerseys this year, too. 

Do we know the significance of 3 stars for the logo, or was that an arbitrary design choice? Personally I would prefer a more meaningful number, maybe 7 down one side and 5 down the other for the 75th anniversary. Another option could be to alternate the colors on the stars to match the Miracle at Richfield uniforms/current mixtape jerseys.

I agree it would be fun to add more Cavs color schemes for the different games. Personally I love the perriwinkle, orange, and black combo from the late 90s but the 80s orange primary was a beaut and could inspire a great look.

b4ef858e412d643bc5182dc343debcbb--basket

On 1/12/2022 at 11:35 AM, -Akronite- said:

Do we know the significance of 3 stars for the logo, or was that an arbitrary design choice? Personally I would prefer a more meaningful number, maybe 7 down one side and 5 down the other for the 75th anniversary. Another option could be to alternate the colors on the stars to match the Miracle at Richfield uniforms/current mixtape jerseys.

I agree it would be fun to add more Cavs color schemes for the different games. Personally I love the perriwinkle, orange, and black combo from the late 90s but the 80s orange primary was a beaut and could inspire a great look.

b4ef858e412d643bc5182dc343debcbb--basket

According to the main page article on the All-Star Weekend logo:

Over on the other side in the bottom right are three stars which mark the three NBA All-Star Games (1981, 1997, and now 2022) to be played in the city.

Thanks for the different ideas about using the various color schemes the Cavs had in their history! I'll see to complete the sets for the main game, then do something about the USA/World match.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived