honeybadger's NFL Concepts: NFC North (28/32)

honeybadger

10 hours ago, SpenserRM said:

spacer.png

I mean no disrespect when I say this but thanks, I hate it. I don't ever want to see us (the Bucs) ditch our current uniforms (again). 

edit: I am bad at formatting on this site 

😄 Non taken. You guys have through enough. It's best not to open old wounds by changing anything.

Great concepts. I really like your second tweaks to all of them. Two things: 1. not that it’s bad, but those Texans uniforms really look like the bears at a glance. Not sure if it’s worth a tweak, but that’s my first thought when seeing it. 2. With the Bucs, I might look at more orange in the pewter pants/maybe the orange logo on the helmet to really embrace the “fauxback” feel it has. I think it would be a great idea to do that; however, I don’t see the Bucs ever embracing that idea now that they can have 2 shells moving forward. 

On 2/13/2022 at 6:07 AM, SpenserRM said:

I mean no disrespect when I say this but thanks, I hate it. I don't ever want to see us (the Bucs) ditch our current uniforms (again). 

Maybe you'll come around to it if you imagine if the Bucs went straight from the digital numbered set to this one?

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Here are the last of the concepts I've fully completed so far. It's the entire NFC North.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

When Green Bay introduced their 'G' logo in 1961, the original proposal was for it to be shaped like a football. Now I've got nothing to say against the roundel they went with, but I do like the idea of the football shaped 'G' a lot. And that's what inspired me to try my hand at making this logo. As for the uniforms, the big difference is switching to a rounded font. This isn't a change that I'm a hundred percent sure on, but it always seemed to me that it made sense to go this route given the rounded nature of their logo. The other big change is bringing the full sleeve stripes back. The Saints throwbacks showed it's doable on the current template, so this would also mean a switch to Nike made uniforms.

51883196476_ba338af533_o.png

51882227097_876d1d89fd_o.png

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

The Vikings have a very solid set of uniforms, but there are a few details that have bugged me for a long time. The first one is that the stripes on the white pants didn't match the striping on the white jersey, which created an ugly mismatch whenever they went for a full white uniform. I've ditched black accents from the uniforms as well, so the facemask and the horns' outline are purple now. Also, the font has been trimmed. On top of all of that, I've added some striping to the socks.

51883514489_f163e134f2_o.png

CHICAGO BEARS

I've always liked the striping on Chicago's away uniform much better than the one on the home set. So making a navy jersey with the away type of shoulder stripe was the main idea. The design also uses the font from their throwback uniforms.

51883847345_8a409b38cc_o.png

DETROIT LIONS

The Lions already look pretty good, so with this design I simply tried to bring some white into the home shirt. Also, the different signs on each shoulder somewhat bothered me, so I've moved the 'WCF' patch to the chest.

51883272523_b8dd75fdd4_o.png

• honeybadger changed the title to honeybadger's NFL Concepts: NFC North (28/32)

I think the number fonts with the NFC north are the biggest issues here. I’d go back to a block font for the Packers. The rounded sans serif works for your Chiefs but I’m not crazy about it here. I like what you did with the Bears’ striping but you gotta go back to the classic font IMO. I like some of the changes to the Lions but I’ve never been crazy about that font. I do think the white numbers are an improvement, but I think a block font might be better there? I’ve never liked their blue pants but if you’re gonna have blue pants here, I think they need some white striped socks.

19 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I think the number fonts with the NFC north are the biggest issues here. I’d go back to a block font for the Packers. The rounded sans serif works for your Chiefs but I’m not crazy about it here. I like what you did with the Bears’ striping but you gotta go back to the classic font IMO. I like some of the changes to the Lions but I’ve never been crazy about that font. I do think the white numbers are an improvement, but I think a block font might be better there? I’ve never liked their blue pants but if you’re gonna have blue pants here, I think they need some white striped socks.

Yeah, I agree that the Packers need to go back to their real font. It was worth a shot, but it just didn't work out. So here is the final take on the Packers.

51885337649_0d26e49fc8_z.jpg51885094903_f71a44583b_z.jpg

As for the Bears, their current font never really worked for them in my opinion. It's just a matter of personal preference though, but block font seemed to make more sense for them which is why I went with it in the OG concept. It was one of the harder things to get right and I'm not fully satisfied with the end result. So I messed around with it some more and might have found something that works better. Here's two variations on the Bears, the current font on the left, and a new rounded font on the right.

51884048637_cec9d3ee10_z.jpg51885667510_569ba229db_z.jpg

And for the Lions, I just didn't have much inspiration to make something vastly different to what they already wear. I don't think their font is that bad though, and it seems to be the only thing bringing some personality into the uniforms. In my opinion a block font would make them look much more bland.

• 1 month later...

Archived