honeybadger's NFL Concepts: NFC North (28/32)

honeybadger

At the beginning of the season I got in the mood to do redesigns of some NFL teams, and slowly but surely I've completed almost the entire league. Given that the season is coming to it's end, I figured now would be the right time to start posting the teams I've finished. Since  some  of the teams were done quite some time ago, some players have already moved to different teams. So just ignore that, we're all  here for the concepts anyways 😁.

First up are the  AFC North and NFC West teams. 

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Let's start with the AFC North and the Super Bowl bound Bengals. I've always felt that their previous uniforms had a lot of potential and just needed some cleaning up to look great. So inspired by them this is what I came up with.

spacer.png

BALTIMORE RAVENS

The Ravens have a pretty solid look irl but it is does look quite dated. This tries to make it more modern, while still maintaining the general feel of the current set. Obviously the pants and socks are interchangeable between uniforms.

spacer.png

Along with a new logo.

spacer.png

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Steelers look is already close to perfect. The only thing that's bugged me about it are the slanted numbers on the uniforms and making them upright is the only change I've done. I also love their 1966 uniforms, so I'd like to see them brought back as throwbacks.

spacer.png

CLEVELAND BROWNS

The Browns already did most of the job for me by bringing back their classic look last year. However they made the odd decision to use a font that's both rounded and block, so  I've changed it to a block font. Also, a slight stripe coloring change.

spacer.png

That's the AFC North wrapped up, on to the NFC West.

LOS ANGELES RAMS

Might as well start with the other team in the Super Bowl. Their uniform change last year was quite underwhelming , so I tried to see if I could tweak it to my liking. The logo would revert to the previously used one.

spacer.png

ARIZONA CARDINALS

Their current look is painfully outdated, so here's my take on the Cardinals.

spacer.png

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

To be honest 49ers have already nailed it. I don't want to see anything changed about their look, so it stays the same.

spacer.png

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

The uniforms that the Seahawks have worn for the past decade have done a great job at establishing what the 'look' of the Seahawks should be going forward. But a decade later they are showing their age, so I tried to make something that is based of the current look but could be worn for the foreseeable future. 

spacer.png

Well that's it for today. Hope you like it and there's plenty more to come.

• honeybadger changed the title to honeybadger's NFL Concepts: First Batch (8/32)

Next up is the AFC East.

NEW YORK JETS

In my opinion the Jets ditching all jet imagery from their identity was a mistake, so I'm bringing it back. A redesigned logo and a modern set  of uniforms is what I went with. The Jets never really had uniforms that were iconic while also looking great, so they feel like a solid candidate to try something new out. I've made black a major part of their color scheme, while also including jets as a design element on the uniforms and helmets. A look that would probably be due for change after a few years of usage, but still a fun design for the time being.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

BUFFALO BILLS

Buffalo already has some great looking uniforms, so this redesign isn't a radical change. All I've made are slight changes that make the design flow better imo.

spacer.png

MIAMI DOLPHINS

The one thing that any Dolphins logo has to have is a dolphin jumping in front of a sun. I don't like their current logo a lot, so I made my own. The uniforms are pretty standard and I'm not quite satisfied with them, so as always suggestions are welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

51870964279_6552ed63ac_o.png

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Small changes, mainly changing the coloring of the stripes on the away uniform.

spacer.png

• honeybadger changed the title to honeybadger's NFL Concepts: AFC East (12/32)
On 2/7/2022 at 9:31 AM, honeybadger said:

At the beginning of the season I got in the mood to do redesigns of some NFL teams, and slowly but surely I've completed almost the entire league. Given that the season is coming to it's end, I figured now would be the right time to start posting the teams I've finished. Since  some  of the teams were done quite some time ago, some players have already moved to different teams. So just ignore that, we're all  here for the concepts anyways 😁.

First up are the  AFC North and NFC West teams. 

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Let's start with the AFC North and the Super Bowl bound Bengals. I've always felt that their previous uniforms had a lot of potential and just needed some cleaning up to look great. So inspired by them this is what I came up with.

spacer.png

BALTIMORE RAVENS

The Ravens have a pretty solid look irl but it is does look quite dated. This tries to make it more modern, while still maintaining the general feel of the current set. Obviously the pants and socks are interchangeable between uniforms.

spacer.png

Along with a new logo.

spacer.png

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Steelers look is already close to perfect. The only thing that's bugged me about it are the slanted numbers on the uniforms and making them upright is the only change I've done. I also love their 1966 uniforms, so I'd like to see them brought back as throwbacks.

spacer.png

CLEVELAND BROWNS

The Browns already did most of the job for me by bringing back their classic look last year. However they made the odd decision to use a font that's both rounded and block, so  I've changed it to a block font. Also, a slight stripe coloring change.

spacer.png

That's the AFC North wrapped up, on to the NFC West.

LOS ANGELES RAMS

Might as well start with the other team in the Super Bowl. Their uniform change last year was quite underwhelming , so I tried to see if I could tweak it to my liking. The logo would revert to the previously used one.

spacer.png

ARIZONA CARDINALS

Their current look is painfully outdated, so here's my take on the Cardinals.

spacer.png

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

To be honest 49ers have already nailed it. I don't want to see anything changed about their look, so it stays the same.

spacer.png

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

The uniforms that the Seahawks have worn for the past decade have done a great job at establishing what the 'look' of the Seahawks should be going forward. But a decade later they are showing their age, so I tried to make something that is based of the current look but could be worn for the foreseeable future. 

spacer.png

Well that's it for today. Hope you like it and there's plenty more to come.

Bengals: something seems stale about these. Maybe it’s the number font, but the uniforms have no personality.

Ravens: these desperately need some gold IMO. 

Browns: stripes on the socks would look good (especially the white ones).

Cardinals: I don’t think The Ohio State would be very happy with those.

So far so good, though.

3 hours ago, honeybadger said:

Next up is the AFC East.

NEW YORK JETS

In my opinion the Jets ditching all jet imagery from their identity was a mistake, so I'm bringing it back. A redesigned logo and a modern set  of uniforms is what I went with. The Jets never really had uniforms that were iconic while also looking great, so they feel like a solid candidate to try something new out. I've made black a major part of their color scheme, while also including jets as a design element on the uniforms and helmets. A look that would probably be due for change after a few years of usage, but still a fun design for the time being.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

BUFFALO BILLS

Buffalo already has some great looking uniforms, so this redesign isn't a radical change. All I've made are slight changes that make the design flow better imo.

spacer.png

MIAMI DOLPHINS

The one thing that any Dolphins logo has to have is a dolphin jumping in front of a sun. I don't like their current logo a lot, so I made my own. The uniforms are pretty standard and I'm not quite satisfied with them, so as always suggestions are welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Small changes, mainly changing the coloring of the stripes on the away uniform.

spacer.png

I don’t like that Jets set at all. Maybe it’s just me, but that looks worse than their current ones. Swap the pants on the Pats, give the Bills and Dolphins colored (or striped) socks, and you’d be good.

On 2/7/2022 at 8:31 AM, honeybadger said:

CLEVELAND BROWNS

spacer.png

For Cleveland, they should avoid brown pants. White pants look better. 

spacer.png

I think New England needs silver pants for the home unis instead of blue. It just has a better flow to it. 

spacer.png

The Jets helmets should be green or white. i like leaning into the jet theme, but they should be on the sleeves instead of the yoke. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Regarding the stripes on the socks, I agree. I was torn between including them and not including them, because they looked somewhat weird when I was looking at them in photoshop. Seeing the images in a browser though I could see they were needed. so I went back and edited the original posts for the Browns, Bills and Dolphins to include the stripes. 

As for the shirt/pants/socks color combos, all of the pants and socks are meant to be used with all of the shirts. They are simply presented like this for practicality reasons and aren't meant to be the only combos used.

And finally, on to the suggestions. The Browns do need a white pair of pants. The reason they weren't included is because I couldn't figure out how to present them well on this template. I figured another brown jersey would have been redundant, and a pair of floating pants on the right side of the image felt weird. So I ditched them in favor of the two pairs I prefer, however I do wish to see them in use, so here they are.

spacer.png

The Patriots could use a pair of silver pants, so here they are.

51869647542_9506b047c2_o.png

And lastly, the Jets helmet color. Given that I tried to stay within the 'one helmet rule', the black helmet seemed to work the best for all the jersey colors. It's just personal preference though, so here's what a green helmet could look like.

51870610496_f7acb43500_h.jpg

I'd love to see the Jets alternative be the Colours of the city's flag.

Maybe if they went with a White and Green Helmet as their fulltime one they could add Orange and Blue to their jersey and have White Pants?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

1 hour ago, tigers said:

I'd love to see the Jets alternative be the Colours of the city's flag.

Maybe if they went with a White and Green Helmet as their fulltime one they could add Orange and Blue to their jersey and have White Pants?

Please no.

Nice as some concepts on here may be, I'd rather the City Edition stuff stay with basketball.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

On to the NFC East.

DALLAS COWBOYS

Dallas is one of those teams that seem to have multiple identities when it comes to their look. None of their uniforms share any elements and the main color on their white uniforms is royal blue even though they use navy as their primary color everywhere else. So I set out to hopefully bring it all together into a coherent unit. Starting of with potentially a controversial decision, I decided to tweak their logo. The idea is to have both the navy and royal blue coexist instead of every uniform using  exclusively  one of them like they do now. The same principle applies to the uniforms. White would continue being their primary uniform, while either navy or royal blue set would be used for the rest of the games, depending on the matchup.

51872062823_2cf7179964_o.png

51871979921_48f52035f6_o.png

NEW YORK GIANTS

I like their throwbacks quite a lot, so I used them as a base for this set.

51871015697_59251e45d5_o.png

WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM 

I genuinely love the WFT name. It's a shame they've decided to move on from it, but since this isn't real world, I'm keeping the name. It's simple and traditional and I've kept the same spirit with the uniforms.

51871979891_aabcc8a06f_o.png

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

The Eagles uniforms are quite well designed, but they do show their age. I prefer their current colors over the kelly green era, so that's what I went with. It did prove to be quite a difficult color scheme to work with, and I'm not very high on the final design. Since I'd already finished all other teams in their division, I included the Eagles as well but I'll probably revisit them sometime in the future. This is what I'm going with for now though.

51872061303_db53b28c67_o.png

• honeybadger changed the title to honeybadger's NFL Concepts: NFC East (16/32)

Those were all of the fully completed divisions so far. With that in mind, here's two AFC West teams: Chiefs and Chargers.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Kansas has an iconic look that has stood the test of time. However, I don't think time was too kind on their logo. Although I don't mind it that much, it's an area of their identity that could use some work. I've made a new logo for them, one that fits better with the rest of their look. It aims to clean up the old logo, while keeping true to its core. As for the uniforms, I really like their real set. The ones I made were simply made for changes sake, I had already made a logo so I figured why not throw in some uniforms as well.  

51873832328_0a7319f10a_o.png

51874399230_999826fb24_o.png

51872794352_54dca97d93_o.png

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

In 2020 the Chargers unveiled what would become my favorite uniforms in the league. They did look like they lacked something though, and In my mind it's the shoulder numbers. I've also ditched the number outlines.  So those are the only changes i'd make for the Chargers. They're small tweaks, but work better in my opinion.

51872794337_c15a7fd216_o.png

• honeybadger changed the title to honeybadger's NFL Concepts: Chiefs and Chargers (18/32)

The new KC logo is really sharp. I like that a lot. As modern as the logo is, I’d consider ditching the outlines on the jersey numbers and going with a more sans serif number font that reflects the logo.

LA is pretty much perfect. I think the shoulder numbers look great and I love the single color numbers. The only issue for me is that the helmet numbers are unnecessary with the shoulder numbers.

As a general criticism, it would be nice to see a full side view of the helmets.

The Giants are fantastic. A pair of gray alternate pants - to tie back to their history - would make this even better. 

(Well, this concept is fantastic. The team… needs work. But if they wore this they’d look good going 4-13.)

New day, new pack of uniforms. On the schedule today are the Texans, the Jaguars and the Colts.

HOUSTON TEXANS

The logo draws inspiration from the head of a cattle branding iron, a Texas staple. The whole identity is meant to be clean, while conveying a level of toughness. I'm also aware that having two navy uniforms is redundant, but I feel like the full navy uni works well as an alternate.

51875633178_87f98e63d8_o.png

51875555141_e20498ab27_o.png

51874592692_bf03aa20fd_o.png

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

I like Jacksonville's current uniforms, but they don't seem to invoke what I would consider the classic Jaguars identity well enough. I set out to fix that through adding some more gold all around, and changing the white uniforms numbers to teal.

51875872714_c106c671a8_o.png

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Some minor tweaks, mainly the blue facemask and the double stripe on the helmets.

51875554816_6d7094c326_o.png

• honeybadger changed the title to honeybadger's NFL Concepts: Texans, Jaguars , Colts (21/32)

51875872714_c106c671a8_o.png

With the Jags, I think placing the logo on the sleeves and adding stripes to the pants would elevate this even more. 

51874592692_bf03aa20fd_o.png

If you go with the Color Rush, the numbers need a white outline to keep them legible from afar. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Today's group of concepts includes  the Buccaneers, the Panthers and the Saints.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Tampa went back to their classic look in 2020 and although it was the right move, they should have modified them a bit. As great as they are, they do look very much like they were designed in the late 90s. So I tried to clean and modernize them up a bit. I've simplified the pants, changed the font and added a full collar. As for the alternate, an orange uniform seemed like the obvious choice. It was difficult to make it work, but the end result seems decent enough.

51877222386_558bdcaa62_o.png

CAROLINA PANTHERS

I tried to refresh their current look a little bit. For the numbers I tried to make a font that would match their wordmark. In the end it's a sleek and modern take on their classic look.

51877188941_a68e8895e9_o.png

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Not breaking any new ground with this one, just feel like it works well for them.

51877829455_19420c9606_o.png

• honeybadger changed the title to honeybadger's NFL Concepts: Buccaneers, Panthers and Colts (24/32)

Buccaneers need more color on the pants stripe, and the stripe outline on Carolina’s white pants should be black. Also, why “North Carolina”? Charlotte is super close to the border, they do offseason OTAs and spring training in South Carolina, and the played their first season at Clemson.

I don't know why I typed in North Carolina, It was always meant to be Carolina Panthers. Thanks for spotting it, I've fixed the mistake now.

As for the Bucs pants, I feel like more colors make them too busy and break the balance of the uniform as a whole.  And for the Panthers I liked the idea of keeping the consistency of the shoulder panel outlined in silver on all three uniforms. This thought  then extended to the pants so that mixing and matching between the uniforms would be easier (This didn't apply to the silver pants for obvious reasons).

Archived