NHL City Connect 32/32 Complete

johne9109

On 3/29/2022 at 7:08 AM, johne9109 said:

The background image I got when I Google searched Anaheim skyline so if it's not Anaheim I'm sorry Google misled me. 

I just did that Google search, and you picked the one skyline photo that didn't look like any of the other search images lol.  

Not a huge fan of the Ducks concept (would be helped by using orange, and the actual old-timey Disneyland font would probably look better than the free/pirated Disney font that's on every tourist group's -t-shirt), but the Coyotes one is pretty nice. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 12/32 Oilers Added

Florida Panthers

With the Panthers playing in Sunrise, FL I decided to go with a sunrise color palette as well as adding some green to represent the palm trees of South Florida and the Everglades which sit right behind the FLA Live Arena. The blue is there to represent the skies and beaches of South Florida as well. The promotional logo is an adaptation of the City of Sunrise logo

MKdZ6JI.png

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 13/32 Panthers Added

Los Angeles Kings

For the Kings I originally going to do something Hollywood/film related, but I couldn't come up with a design I truly liked. Instead I opted to base it off of the signs at the LA area beaches mainly the Santa Monica pier sign. Everything gets a classic "forum blue" and gold treatment. The Collar reads City of Angels and the promotional image is a take on the City's flag

LeksUWw.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 14/32 Kings Added

Minnesota Wild

The Wild's uniform draws inspiration from their recent Winter Classic look; focusing on the State of Hockey moniker that Minnesota carries. A similar logo to their Winter Classic adorns the front. The collar reads L'Étoile du Nord meaning Star of the North which is fitting being the state motto and drawing a connection to the Minnesota North Stars. The promotional image also adorns the shoulder again referencing the State of Hockey moniker

18QlQiK.png

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 15/32 Wild Added

Montreal Canadiens

For the Habs I decided to do something that was very in line with what the club would actually do and that's a throwback of sorts. This uniform is a combination of their original uniforms and a bit of a reverse of their 2016 Winter Classic. Where this becomes a city connect uniform is in the striping you'll find all the Stanley Cup Championship years; something Montreal fans are very proud of. The Collar read Concordia Salus, the city's motto, which translate to well-being through harmony. The promotional text is taken from the city's official website and adds the Habs toliet sea- I mean logo

BizIpgk.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 16/32 Canadiens Added

Nashville Predators

For the Predators I took inspiration from the Music City moniker and made a uniform that takes cues from the old Grand Ole Opry. The main logo and shoulder path are inspired from logos seen here as well as the color palette. The collar reads The Stage is Set again tying back to the Opry. The promotional image is taken from the City's website

7HJN7Xk.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 17/32 Predators Added
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 18/32 Devils Added

New York Islanders

For the Islanders I wanted to take the graffiti and street art to the world of hockey uniforms. Now for this template I used generic graffiti fonts and designs. In a perfect world I would like to see the Islanders actually partner with a artist from Long Island to help design this. the collar reads Strong Island; while not official is a nickname that has gotten some legs in the area. the striping becomes lines of spray paint and of course there are 4 of them because it wouldn't be an Islanders uniform without using the 4 stripe motif. the shorts also get a commonly used bubble design seen in graffiti. The shoulder features a stylized version of the Islanders logo that makes it look like it was spray painted as well. While I normally design the promotional logos myself I found this piece of art that was officially used by the Islanders and I'd like to see them do something similar again

9osObew.png

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 19/32 Islanders Added
On 4/25/2022 at 8:21 AM, johne9109 said:

Los Angeles Kings

For the Kings I originally going to do something Hollywood/film related, but I couldn't come up with a design I truly liked. Instead I opted to base it off of the signs at the LA area beaches mainly the Santa Monica pier sign. Everything gets a classic "forum blue" and gold treatment. The Collar reads City of Angels and the promotional image is a take on the City's flag

LeksUWw.png

The design is cool but Santa Monica is its own city, which kind of conflicts with a "City Connect" uniform that also uses the City of Los Angeles flag and "City of Angels" slogan.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New York Rangers

For the Rangers I took the Lady Liberty idea and gave it a classic feel. The most unique aspect of this uniform is bringing in the green of the Statue of Liberty into the actual uniform. The shoulders feature the mid ice logo that the team uses and the Lady Liberty logo they currently employ. The collar reads Excelsior which is the states motto. The promotional image takes inspiration from the Madison Square Garden wordmark

pTTcVBC.png

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 20/32 Rangers Added

Ottawa Senators

For the Ottawa Senators I decided to base the uniform off of the uniforms of Canadian Mounties. The jersey uses the Peace Tower logo on the main part of the jersey while it employs the shield and classic O logo on the shoulders. The rest o the imagery comes straight from the Mountie uniform. The collar reads Maintiens le Droit which translates to Uphold the Right which is the motto of the Mounties. The promotional image is the promotional imagery used in the original campaign to bring back the Ottawa Senators. 

vG9bR7i.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 21/32 Senators Added
On 3/31/2022 at 3:07 PM, johne9109 said:

Boston Bruins

I originally wanted to stay away from doing some revolutionary war themed, but Boston is so steeped in that history it was hard to avoid. The jersey features 13 red and white stripes (including the collar) to represent the original 13 colonies. the shoulders feature the join or die snake and Massachusetts flag. The logo is colored to replicate the Colonial Colors (one of the first flags of the union. 1775 is also inscribed on the inside of the collar. The promotional image is a take on this Boston tea party logo I found and put a hockey spin on 

2XpnlzJ.png

While I think this was well done & get the meaning behind it--it would be weird for a lot of Bruins fans to see their team in the Canadiens colours...

• Like 1

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

On 4/4/2022 at 2:57 PM, johne9109 said:

Calgary Flames

The Calgary Flames get a Calgary Stampede inspired uniform. The font used and the secondary logo is taken from the logo for the Stampede. the pants, socks, helmet, and gloves take their colors from jeans, hat, and gloves you would see on riders at the stampede. The back of the collar reads stampede city. The promotional image is a recoloring of Calgary's flag

HWpDPj6.png

The colours are a bit jarring, even if I get the reasons, maybe if there was some overlap between jersey & pants?

Then again--sometimes jarring can be good

• Like 1

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

And one last comment so far--I did give some likes on some of the concepts--and rather than comment on each one, I have decided to go with the above--and then add some general comments

1-in general white pants in hockey is not a good idea--it rarely works well--and players ending up on the ice can turn them into something not too far from a  wet t-shirt.

So going with a colour will work much better.

2-the strapless socks that match the pants? That may remind some of the copper all look--nto a greta one--for a one shot? Maybe--btu some of the concepts would be improved by either adding stripes tot he socks--or changing he colour so they don't match the pants.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 11:26 PM, Stampman said:

While I think this was well done & get the meaning behind it--it would be weird for a lot of Bruins fans to see their team in the Canadiens colours...

As a Bruins fan I didn't even think of that. Which means I'm a dingus or it wouldn't stand out that much

ZUH86xc.png

Philadelphia Flyers

So I went a bit out there for the Flyers.  For most Philadelphia teams concepts tend to go on the founding of the county route and I wanted to do something different here. I did use the Liberty Bell in the logo, but the striping gets a design seen in the roof of the Kimmel Center where the Philadelphia Orchestra plays. The shoulder also features the Keystone logo. This gives the uniform a more broad connection to the city rather than just one specific thing. The collar does read 1776 to give it that connection to the nation's founding

F7aFSh8.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png