NHL Summer Series - 12/32 (CBJ added)

OhioSportsMan61

Hello there! It's been a while. I've been out of the concept game for a bit of time but am hopeful this summer will change that. What better way to celebrate Draft Day than by starting a new concept series? My goal for this series is to create two primary uniforms for each team that are mostly new takes while not sacrificing team identity, as well as an alternate/third jersey and a faux retro.

Speaking of the draft, I'll be posting teams in reverse order of the final NHL standings. The Canadiens are on the clock!

spacer.png

spacer.png

The home and roads have been slightly altered and modernized, the alternate is a modern blend of eras (Habs/Maroons/Wanderers), and modernized retro brings the whole set together. The Canadiens might not be the most exciting uniform set to start this series off with, but there will be some fun ones out there. C&C appreciated, especially on the new templates which have become a pain in the ass to build!

• Like 2

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

The blue seems really saturated, much more so than the current colours, and I think making  the back solid red except for the hem stripes counts as more than a slight alteration, especially when we are talking about the Habs.

The lack of script on the inside of the collar is also pretty noticable. It's a nice feature to have there.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:12 AM, B-mer said:

glad to see you back!  I like the alternate, though it's kind of jarring for some reason for MTL.  Must be the the inverted colors (blue jersey, red pands).  The retro looks fantastic though.

Thanks!

On 7/8/2022 at 5:06 PM, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

The blue seems really saturated, much more so than the current colours, and I think making  the back solid red except for the hem stripes counts as more than a slight alteration, especially when we are talking about the Habs.

The lack of script on the inside of the collar is also pretty noticable. It's a nice feature to have there.

Yes, the blue is a bit more saturated. Part of this was to match the pants and jersey colors to be more vibrant. 

2LYbxnm.png

Next up: New Jersey Devils

spacer.png

spacer.png

Something I wanted to incorporate on the Devils' set was the bold yoke striping found on their "jersey" script alternates. The alternate is a modernized version of their red/green throwbacks that bring the whole set together. 

• Like 8

2LYbxnm.png

19 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

The Devils set looks really good. I like the red, just wondering if you could make the wordmark more devilish by putting the horns on the J and the tail on the tail of the Y?

This is a great idea in general.  Missed opportunity for NJ.

Next up: Arizona Coyotes

spacer.png

spacer.png

For Arizona, I wanted to simplify their look compared to their two Adizero-era sets. The Kachina is still incorporated, but in a more subtle way. The retro is a fresh take on their peyote coyote jersey with a more desert vibe.

• Like 4

2LYbxnm.png

The home  would be hugely improved as suggested below with sedona red gloves and pants, and replacing white with cream would work wonders on the road. Also using a recoloured Peyote Coyote would really lift the uniform, that logo is a far superior one to the howling Coyote and would fit the sleeve patterns better. I do like that you put a hangar effect on the home, road and alt, that's something that was missed from the Habs and Devils sets.

The Alt though is fantastic with the logo. Peyote Coyote > Propofol Pooch, any day of the week.

• Like 1

My biggest feedback for the Coyotes is the home and road need red pants and gloves. That would make those work so much better, and maybe there’s a way to have a touch of black there? But the simplicity gives it a feel of some of the first Adizero uniforms we saw with the World Cup and it’s cool.

I wonder if two different sublimated elements is too much though. Especially when they’re so different and right next to each other. I like the Arizona shoulder patch better than the paw print, so maybe if you did that instead of the sun beams on the sleeves? Though it does look amazing as the hanger effect. 

Alternatively, if you wanted to keep the black more prominent you could swap the home and alternate, and have the kachina pattern stripe on the road match the new home (black with the full color pattern).  Then red equipment for the new alternate to set it apart from the other two. Maybe not my ideal choice but it would work.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I guess my attempt at minimization went a little too far. Here's an update on Arizona based off of the C&C. The black jersey is promoted to primary status and the white jersey matches it better. The howling yote's also been replaced with the kachina coyote. I also called a big time audible on the alternate, still has similar elements to the previous version and is tied into the home and road with the sublimated kachina pattern and AZ shoulder patches.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Seattle's up next!

• Like 6

2LYbxnm.png

Up next: Seattle Kraken

spacer.png

spacer.png

Interestingly enough, this is the first time I've taken a stab at designing a uniform set for the Kraken. Home and road have a similar feel to their current look, just a little more consistency across both sets. The alternate is meant to have a deep sea feel and the retro is a fauxback to the Metropolitans' barberpole uniform.

• Like 10

2LYbxnm.png