39 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

Up next is another one of the teams that helped inspire this series, the Cleveland Lumberjacks.

The old IHL Lumberjacks look had it all: An oddly buff cartoon beaver, a teal and yellow filled color scheme, out-of-the-box angular striping, and a branding emphasis on the "JACKS" nickname instead of the team's actual moniker. As much as I love the '90s aesthetic the team had, it didn't age all that well, and these jerseys remedy that. Teal and yellow are removed from the color scheme, and the logo is reworked to no longer emphasize a dumb nickname. The angular, circular-saw inspired striping remains, though, and is implemented all over the jersey. The alternate jersey takes after the team's Pittsburgh Penguins-style inaugural jerseys, while also adding new flavor to the throwback look.

The Lumberjacks were one of my favorite teams to work on thus far. What do you think?

The light and Dark uniforms are  90s AF. And they are glorious, everything that is to be expected for this series. The striping and the logos in particular stand out.

The alt is okay, but it's just a jersey, and I do think that for a series that is all about 90s style designs, removing teal, a very 90s colour, is an odd step and I think the alt could stand to use some teal in the mix.

Minor quibble though, this series has been really good so far and hopefully it will be seen through to the end.

• 3 weeks later...

I am once again reviving this thread to post a much-belated concept!

aint-no-grave-back-from-the-dead.gif

This next team was a hard one to work with. The Chicago Wolves have never really had any '90s jerseys, instead keeping their look relatively restrained and traditional. Obviously, I wasn't going to leave one of the IHL's only surviving brands untouched, so I decided to add some flare to the Wolves' identity.

wnyRkNX.png

I tried to make the Wolves' jerseys feel like both modern and timeless. I decided to zero in on the red/yellow/black color scheme, getting rid of the weird green coloring in the eyes. I also tossed the Chicago flag onto the jerseys' shoulders to help differentiate the club from the Hawks. The alternate is a cream-colored fauxback, again intended to feel like a modern classic.

What do you think?

• Like 5
  • Love 1