usc gamecock's new look

pagan696

I was skeptical at first about going to black jerseys, seeing as the last time we wore them was 1999's 0-11 campaign. But it's starting to grow on me. 31-6 will do that. I would, however, like to see more garnet. Also, they're telling us to wear black for the Georgia game. Last time the fans wore black when we were playing a #3 team here, it wasn't pretty.

The Gamecocks should have at least put a garnet stripe down the middle, maybe with two thin stripes on the sides of the garnet stripe to accent it.

I liked the white helmets better (particularly the ones the year George Rogers won the Heisman), also the garnet helmets with the black, white, and silver stripes worn when they were coached by the late Joe Morrison.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

This is the second phase of the stupid cycle Lou Holtz is doing. In 1999 It was a ton of black with a touch of garnet, and over the next few years, the garnet increased. Eventually it became a really nice uni, in my opinion. Now he's going black again. Why? Did anyone really like it? I would guess it wasn't very popular seeing it was pretty much poopcanned after a few years.

I just wonder if this is some kind of ego contest between Holtz and the traditionalists at the school.

Archived