On 8/28/2022 at 12:31 PM, _RH_ said:

Very cool!  Personally I prefer the 90s blue.  I was curious how the pants may look without the traditional stripes, instead using the city flag pattern:

5G4pFH4.png

I think that looks pretty cool, and would eliminate any chance of "leotard" looks. (I played with that shade of blue for awhile; still not sure if it's quite right - every old picture looks a little different!)

This is sick!!! Its cool to see a concept that uses a powder blue with this set, I'm surprised by how much I like it. I love what you did with the flag design on the knee pads, something I didn't think of and a really good solution to not using the stripes down the pants. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KG_grfx said:

This is sick!!! Its cool to see a concept that uses a powder blue with this set, I'm surprised by how much I like it. I love what you did with the flag design on the knee pads, something I didn't think of and a really good solution to not using the stripes down the pants. 

Thanks, yeah I'm not sure if the knee area would look "over the top".  How much effort would it be for you to put that on your 3d template?

It's been like 8 years since I've replied to a concept but hot damn do I really love the idea and presentation. This is definitely the most cohesive "mixing of old and new" Broncos' jerseys I've seen -- and lots of people have a taken a crack that, myself included 😅. The presentation is great too, I often feel like a great idea in a flat 2D space can become a problematic one when you don't visualize from every angle.

The only feedback I can ever really think of (besides the pants iterations, but frankly I think you'd land back on those anyway because it does work) would be thickening up the stroke on the numbers. Those numbers are pretty wide, and put a lot of white in play on the home especially. Plus, a thicker number outline will better match the kind of color ratios you have on the sleeve.

• 1 year later...
On 8/18/2022 at 2:41 PM, KG_grfx said:

So I recently created a Denver Broncos new uniform concept, I posted it across social media but I don't have much of a following yet on any platform and these were barley seen. I wanted to post them on here to hopefully start some creative discussion and get some kind of feedback.

A little bit of background, I've thought the Broncos have been in need of a uniform update for quite some time. Their current set has some classic, iconic elements to it, but the uniform is now 25 years old and I think it's time for an upgrade. When I'd up "new broncos uniforms" online and see various concepts, a lot of what I've seen has been some kind of modernization of the 90's uniforms, and reverts back to the retro powder blue helmet with the old Broncos "D" logo. I think this is a classic and incredible uniform, but I personally really do not want the team to revert back to this uniform full time. I think it should be brought back as a throwback option, like other teams are starting to do with the new 2 helmet rule. When I see concept art or photoshops of the Broncos wearing this look now, to me they just look to similar to the Florida Gators and it just feels like there would be some initial excitement when the uniform first comes out, but then after 3 years fans would start to miss the modern uniforms and want something new again. 

So below is my proposal for something they could do. I know a lot of people probably aren't going to understand this and some might not like this direction at all but what I went for in this concept is tying in elements of different era's of Broncos uniforms with a new design and in this case was inspired by the Denver City Flag. I wanted to connect the team to Denver and to the state of Colorado a little more if possible, like how the Nuggets and Avalanche have, but also still look and feel like a classic Broncos jersey. The Denver flag design is incorporated onto the sleeve design and is truly meant to tribute the Rocky Mountains that grace the Colorado front range and are such a proud aspect of the Mile High City.  

I  included a 4th uniform option in this that is just a retro look the Broncos could wear, so that the team could on occasion return to the vintage "orange crush" and powder blue helmet uniform that so many fans love, but still have a modern and new uniform to return to the rest of the time. 

Like I said, I know many people aren't a fan of including elements of State and City flags into uniforms and I know for many in Broncos Country this could be too big of a change. I just wanted to present a concept thats not solely based off of their vintage uniforms and something that is completely new and could be unique enough of a uniform to set the team apart from other classic designs in the NFL. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

stumbled across this randomly. This actually looks a lot like what has been rumoured to be the new Denver Broncos jerseys, only a heck of alot nicer! This would be a nice refresh for Denver. Very clean

• 2 months later...

Hi! @KG_grfx My name is Alux Echeverría, returning to the publication about your design and conceptualization nowadays, there is a topic that has me with questions, the concept you created about taking and abstracting the image of the rocky mountains, applying it to the sides of the shoulders, is very clear, the colors and layout in general. Now, with the release of the Broncos' new 2024 uniform designs, my questions would be: Has the team contacted you about your design and concept?  Were you part of the uniform design team? Were you given any mention or compensation for the use of your idea? My question is that if this has not been the case, as an industrial designer it would be unethical for the design team not to give credit to your idea and concept, if you have not been given compensation, and credit for the clear use of your concept, for me we would be facing a design plagiarism.spacer.png

19 hours ago, AluxEcheverria said:

Hi! @KG_grfx My name is Alux Echeverría, returning to the publication about your design and conceptualization nowadays, there is a topic that has me with questions, the concept you created about taking and abstracting the image of the rocky mountains, applying it to the sides of the shoulders, is very clear, the colors and layout in general. Now, with the release of the Broncos' new 2024 uniform designs, my questions would be: Has the team contacted you about your design and concept?  Were you part of the uniform design team? Were you given any mention or compensation for the use of your idea? My question is that if this has not been the case, as an industrial designer it would be unethical for the design team not to give credit to your idea and concept, if you have not been given compensation, and credit for the clear use of your concept, for me we would be facing a design plagiarism.spacer.png

I mean you can go ahead and take on the NFL, and Nike, and I guarantee you lose that battle.

• Like 1