NHL Uniform Concepts - FINAL WORDS

edjb93

NHL ALL-STAR GAME

The 2024 NHL All-Star Game will be held in Toronto, and in that spirit, I decided to go for a vintage design. Specifically, the design is a mashup of the Maple Leafs' uniforms during the 60's and the 1988-91 All-Star uniforms. I went with the Eastern Conference vs. Western Conference format, thus the colors, but this can also be applied to the current 4-division format.

Now y'all might ask, what's with the 9 stars on the hem and sleeves? That signifies the number of times Toronto has hosted the All-Star Game, with the 2024 edition being the 9th.

The Eastern Conference and Western Conference logos are temporary placeholders until the 2024 ASG logo is unveiled, and these are placed on the right and left portion of the shoulder, respectively, to reflect the "East" and "West" designations. Meanwhile, the team logos are recolored in blue/red, silver, and white.

0i190HB.png

Fiy9Kbn.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• edjb93 changed the title to NHL Uniform Concepts - What Would 2024 All-Star Game Look Like?
32 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Love that All-Star concept!

I'd consider making the East  jersey blue with white trim and the West white with red since the game is in Toronto.

Since they rotate two uniforms between the four divisions, I think it works like this. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/24/2023 at 9:52 PM, charger77 said:

Love that All-Star concept!

I'd consider making the East  jersey blue with white trim and the West white with red since the game is in Toronto.

I knew someone would request a reversal of colors. Anyway, here are the uniforms when the host city is from the Western Conference.

jPqYcxw.png

NH74amA.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• edjb93 changed the title to NHL Uniform Concepts - All-Star Game Uniform Update
  • 2 weeks later...

HAMILTON TIGERS

Before Boston Bruins became a black-and-yellow team, there were the Hamilton Tigers. Sports in 1920's had minimal logos and it's really understandable. Thus, I had that in mind in creating logos for the Tigers. The primary logo is a modified version of the team's H-Tigers logo. Meanwhile, the tiger head alternate logo might look familiar if you're searching Google Images, as it is indeed a stock logo, but I cleaned up some parts for simplification purposes.

I7NLyDw.png

For all the uniforms, I went with the alternating black and yellow striping as the primary motif. I initially planned to use yellow as the color for the home jersey, but I eventually settled with black since it's been the way during the actual team's existence. Meanwhile, the white jersey features a black shoulder yoke.

As for the alternate jersey, it's essentially a mix-up between the Tigers and CFL's Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

The Reverse Retro is an obvious one: it's the Tiger's uniform for the 1924-25 season, their only winning season so far, if not for the suspension of the team operations. This is basically a yellow version of the jersey from that uniform (interchanging black to yellow and vice-versa), complete with cream pants.

jqim1Qh.png

1xPNiyp.png

rZGk1L8.png

Il9WaLN.png

• Like 5

• edjb93 changed the title to NHL Uniform Concepts - The League's Actual First Black-and-Yellow Team
  • 2 weeks later...

As it turned out, my Philadelphia Flyers home and road concepts had some things in common with the team's upcoming uniforms: wider shoulder-to-sleeve yoke and the black bottom hem stripe. Overall, the new jerseys look better.

With that being said, I'm announcing that this is the end of my NHL Uniform Concepts series. I'm already satisfied with everything done here, even if this is my first shot at hockey concepts. Thank you for all the comments, suggestions, and critiques to my work, and I hope I gave y'all something to tune in on your free time.

As for what's next, we'll see. Once again, thank you very much! 😉

• Applause 3

• edjb93 changed the title to NHL Uniform Concepts - FINAL WORDS