Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Project Closed

teeray01

2 hours ago, teeray01 said:

Sorry to do this but I am placing this project on pause.  I will continue as soon as my wife has recovered and I'm not receiving harassing emails regarding the pace at which I am working.

I sincerely apologize for doing that, and I hope you can focus on the priorities in your life, I apologize if I have caused teeray01 and anyone else here any trouble today and I'm not mad at him for pausing the thread, but I don't want to be seen at some nuisance for ruining a man's life because I got a little too passionate about a thread that involves Twilight Zone-esque MLB teams, I have to own up to this big mistake and I hope we can move on from it.

Edited by maxwasson
Full apology

QNXVyki.png

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Modern Continental League - Anaheim/Chicago/Vegas Updates/Arkansas - Project Paused
6 hours ago, maxwasson said:

I sincerely apologize for doing that, and I hope you can focus on the priorities in your life, I apologize if I have caused teeray01 and anyone else here any trouble today and I'm not mad at him for pausing the thread, but I don't want to be seen at some nuisance for ruining a man's life because I got a little too passionate about a thread that involves Twilight Zone-esque MLB teams, I have to own up to this big mistake and I hope we can move on from it.

Apology accepted.  I'm going to take a break from this for a while to get back to the place where this was fun again and to take care of my wife.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, teeray01 said:

Sorry to do this but I am placing this project on pause.  I will continue as soon as my wife has recovered and I'm not receiving harassing emails regarding the pace at which I am working.

I’m really sorry to hear this. This forum should be an enjoyable place where we all gather to discuss our shared passion for sports uniforms and designing. The last thing I’d want to hear is that you are being coerced into making these concepts. 

Anyway, I hope you can get back to designing, and more importantly, enjoying designing, soon, but I know family and your wife’s health comes above all. Wishing you the best. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, maxwasson said:

Expansion teams

Alaska Bears

Anaheim Otters (NL Team)

Austin Wranglers

Baltimore Equestrians (NL Team)

Boise Spuds

Brooklyn Cyclones (Potential Third NY team)

Charlotte Buzz

Chicago Governors (Potential Third Chicago team)

Cincinnati Lynx (AL Team)

Cleveland Maroons (NL Team)

Columbus Navigators

Des Moines Legends 

Detroit Hard Hats (NL Team)

El Paso Diablos 

Fort Worth Lone Wolves 

Hartford Antelopes 

Hawaii Coconuts

Houston Bayou (NL Team) 

Jacksonville Whitecaps/Jacksonville Dragons

Little Rock Woodpeckers 

Los Angeles Blockbusters (Potential Second/Third LA team)

Louisville Bats 

Memphis Sphinx

Mexico City Chupacabras 

Milwaukee Cheese Kings (AL Team)

Minnesota Sled Dogs (NL Team)

Nashville Stars 

New Mexico Chemists 

New Orleans King Cakes

New York Gladiators (Potential Third NY team)

Oakland Squirrels (NL Team)

Omaha Thunder ("2000s Omaha Royals" style)

Orlando Whitecaps/Orlando Toons

Ottawa Phalanx

Philadelphia Revolution (AL Team)

Phoenix Cacti (AL Team)

Pittsburgh Axemen (AL Team)

Reno Range 

Sacramento Nighthawks 

Salt Lake Priests 

San Bernardino Arches

San Diego Beach Bums (AL Team)

San Jose Pears

Seattle Paperclips (NL Team)

St. Louis Rascals (AL Team)

Syracuse Peaches

Toronto Cakes (NL Team, "Cakes" as in pancakes)

Tucson Salamanders

Tulsa Redhawks

Vancouver Canadiens

Washington Heroes (AL Team)

Wichita Sunflowers

Winnipeg Squadron

are these real proposed team names?

1 hour ago, PowderedWater said:

are these real proposed team names?

A couple of them are, but I made up most of them for this thread; like for example Brooklyn Cyclones, Louisville Bats, Nashville Stars, New Orleans King Cakes, and Vancouver Canadiens are based on real teams

QNXVyki.png

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Project Closed

Just discovered some of my logos on Teepublic  for T-shirts etc.  The designer is listed as The History of Baseball.  I'm glad they like my logos but I'm not really cool with someone taking credit for my design work and using them for profit!

• Like 3

Just found out this morning that the project has been closed, and while I am disappointed that I won't get to see the rest of the potential concepts, I completely respect teeray01's decision to close the project, given the sheer workload that completing this could've entailed, but it was a fun time when this project was ongoing and I hope this inspires the subgenre of baseball alternate history further. 

QNXVyki.png

20 hours ago, teeray01 said:

Just discovered some of my logos on Teepublic  for T-shirts etc.  The designer is listed as The History of Baseball.  I'm glad they like my logos but I'm not really cool with someone taking credit for my design work and using them for profit!

I know it sucks, but I guess you should be flattered! 

How is your wife doing?

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I know it sucks, but I guess you should be flattered! 

How is your wife doing?

I guess I should be.  I have signed up as a designer on Teepublic and may release some of those designs again.  My wife isn't doing very well.  She had a stroke on 3/24 and chemo was stopped.  She is at home receiving hospice care.  We have a 10 year old daughter together.  It's been a tough couple of years.

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Just found out this morning that the project has been closed, and while I am disappointed that I won't get to see the rest of the potential concepts, I completely respect teeray01's decision to close the project, given the sheer workload that completing this could've entailed, but it was a fun time when this project was ongoing and I hope this inspires the subgenre of baseball alternate history further. 

Not saying I'm done.  I just need more time to deal with end of life things with my wife.  With the Oakland A's moving to Las Vegas and maybe Tampa Bay figuring out their stadium issues,  MLB expansion may happen in the next few years.  I may do some work on plausible expansion.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, teeray01 said:

Not saying I'm done.  I just need more time to deal with end of life things with my wife.  With the Oakland A's moving to Las Vegas and maybe Tampa Bay figuring out their stadium issues,  MLB expansion may happen in the next few years.  I may do some work on plausible expansion.

I understand you've been taking this long hiatus from the project, and I'm hopeful you can continue this project whenever you're ready. And you are right about MLB expansion/relocation becoming a recent news story, with the A's announcing a move to Las Vegas and the Rays currently still having stadium issues. 

QNXVyki.png

On 4/22/2023 at 12:46 PM, teeray01 said:

My wife isn't doing very well.  She had a stroke on 3/24 and chemo was stopped.  She is at home receiving hospice care.  We have a 10 year old daughter together.  It's been a tough couple of years.

I'm so incredibly sorry. I don't know what to say. I pray you and your daughter can cherish your time together with your wife.