Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Project Closed

teeray01

This is the first time (that I remember) someone doing the CL on these boards. Great stuff here, however I feel like having Denver be called the Mountain Lions makes it too crowded on the jersey. Maybe shortening it to the Lions would help? And also the Anchormen is just brilliant and ingenious.

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Modern Continental League - Houston Celestials, Denver Update
  • teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Modern Continental League - Houston Celestials, Minneapolis Penguins, NY Pizza Rats
1 minute ago, mrcubfan415 said:

Might be a fun idea to do an alternate take incorporating motifs from the USFL team

Could be, although these Philadelphia Stars were a Negro Leagues team that existed way before the USFL's Philadelphia Stars

gT1BtSs.png

The Penguins nickname doesn’t quite fit for Minneapolis I feel like… I mean I know it gets cold, but there’s not much connection to Penguins here. And the star you have on the Minnesota is actually over Taylor’s Falls, and not Minneapolis. 

But the colors and logos overall are pretty nice. You could try the Minneapolis Loons and only make some minor tweaks to the logos. The loon is the State Bird for Minnesota. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Penguins nickname doesn’t quite fit for Minneapolis I feel like… I mean I know it gets cold, but there’s not much connection to Penguins here.

Maybe, but I don't think it makes any less sense than the Penguins NHL team name. 

@teeray01 You did a great job making the Pizza Rats look good, despite the ridiculous name. I would simplify the color scheme by getting rid of black on the uniforms (other than the logo). It doesn't really add anything to what would otherwise be a really clean green, red and white color scheme. I'd make the "NEW YORK" script on the road jersey green and the front numbers red, each with a white outline (then back numbers would be red and player name in green, or the other way around). Same idea for the home jersey (maybe red scripts with green numbers), but with no outlines, obviously. 

4 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Maybe, but I don't think it makes any less sense than the Penguins NHL team name. 

@teeray01 You did a great job making the Pizza Rats look good, despite the ridiculous name. I would simplify the color scheme by getting rid of black on the uniforms (other than the logo). It doesn't really add anything to what would otherwise be a really clean green, red and white color scheme. I'd make the "NEW YORK" script on the road jersey green and the front numbers red, each with a white outline (then back numbers would be red and player name in green, or the other way around). Same idea for the home jersey (maybe red scripts with green numbers), but with no outlines, obviously. 

Random Baseball fact: The "Pizza Rats" nicknamed was almost used for the Yankees' Short Season A affiliate in Staten Island

• Like 2

gT1BtSs.png

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Modern Continental League - Houston Celestials, Mpls. Penguins, NY Pizza Rats Fixed
16 hours ago, mrcubfan415 said:

The Iowa Cubs (Chicago’s AAA affiliate) already plays in Des Moines lol.

Also, for a possible expansion team, how about a second team in St. Louis called the Gatekeepers?

I may consider this during the plausible expansion part.

6 hours ago, mrcubfan415 said:

The Iowa Cubs (Chicago’s AAA affiliate) already plays in Des Moines lol.

Also, for a possible expansion team, how about a second team in St. Louis called the Gatekeepers?

I already did add an AL St. Louis team called the "Rascals" borrowing a name from the Frontier League's River City Rascals

gT1BtSs.png