32f3d57c8c461b3fac0dca5e17a301a1a259fd6c

Welcome to a new series, an alt world take on the MLS with 32 teams, and the question "what if MLS hadn't stuck a fork in the two teams in Florida? Oh, and there was 3 more teams as of present and a MLSII (which will be covered in another thread) allowing for possible promotion and relagation? And that not every new team had a European style name? And what if the MLS wasn't the only one of the five major professional sports leagues in the US and Canada that didn't have teams rocking teal?". Well, questions. Questions that I, a dude from the other side of the pond, will try to give an answer to.

As you can see, we have 2 divisions of 16 teams, split east and west, and each team has an MLS logo in their colours. Some are pretty much the same as they are IRL because of brand equity, or I think they look fine as they are, or both. Some use colours that were proposed but never saw the light of day, some are major twists on existing colour schemes, and some are totally new. I'm sure you can guess the teams from the order, and some from the colours, which are those used on the home outfits.

Teams get 3 uniforms, one home and two aways, generally two of the three kits will match colour and design, but there will be exceptions. All teams get two pairs of socks for each uniform, in case of a clash and also if they want to change up their stance game.

I hate sponsor logos on shirts, so in this version of MLS, there are no sponsor logos on the front, just the player number and in one special case, the team name.

So sit back and enjoy the ride, C&C would be cool. I'll be posting teams in no particular order. So here we go.........

EAST DIVISION

Atlanta United

Charlotte Fortune

Chicago Fire

FC Cincinnati

Columbus Crew

D.C. United

Louisville Whiteoaks

Inter Miami

Impact de Montréal

Nashville FC

New England Revolution

New York Cosmos

Philadelphia Union

St Louis FC

Tampa Bay Rowdies

Toronto Towers

WEST DIVISION

Albuquerque Sol

Austin Crown

Colorado Rapids

Dallas Tornado

Houston Apollos

Kansas City Wizards

Los Angeles Galaxy

Los Angeles FC

Minnesota Stars

Phoenix Rising

Portland Timbers

Sacramento Republic

Real Salt Lake

San Jose Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders

Vancouver Whitecaps

• Like 1

Columbus Crew SC

spacer.png

Guess the first place to start is with the first MLS club. The Crew stay The Crew and keep the black and yellow, the crest has a hard hat, an arch with the team name and a shield with 96 on it (both in Slim Jim), with the shield in the shape of the first Crew emblem.

9d21346a7353fe14a2d838641250fc5ff10201e3

The home is yellow, with stripes consisting of a checker pattern with arches subliminated into the shirt. The Crew owned the checker pattern and it was one of the best parts of their 2014 rebrand, so decided on keeping it and added a subtle arch to it within the stripes. Columbus is the City of Arches, and that is a theme with the home and change kit.

45dd7b0fbc5318caabf3a6bec4577c06ba43d13c

The change is black, with an arched checker pattern subliminated into the shirt.

86b8a3ea699f0106a6c541c5425bffd4d0f5daa5

For the third, Americas Hardest Working Team get a white change which has two pairs of shorts and also has a check pattern, this time in a front vertical pattern flanked in black.

All the kits here have a AHWT jock tag, the 96 shield on the back and inside the shirt, #1

• Like 4

St Louis F.C

From the oldest to the newest, we have the team from St Louis. I decided on the name St Louis F.C instead of Saint Louis CITY SC because it sounded nicer and had a better flow. I also decided to keep the shade of "red" the team uses and also the blue, because they absolutely pop together.

FTR , I do like the SLC crest and the new home they revealed, but I wanted something that had a "Flame de Lys" on it and had a lot more navy on it because the two colours work great together.

spacer.png

The crest has the "Flame de Lys" from the crest of the defunct AC St Louis. Around it are the Gateway arch and a mound with the letters STL on it in ARB-187 Moderne, with wave peaks representing the Mississippi and the Missouri Rivers. Under it is F.C in ARB-187 Moderne. To go with the blue and "City Red", the accent colour of cream was chosen due to just wanting something different from either white or a shade of yellow/gold.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/4ffe84204ea852a8d6fe424f50202e6d/12a39c9ed88be468-bb/s2048x3072/c7b464e4d080a54662b430ace6b09f46f0b83e72.pnj

The home has thin stripes on the front with a pattern inspired by the Gateway arch, in particular the three rows of panels. For the stockings, we have navy with the CITY Red turnovers and spiral socks for clashes of hose.  The shirt has a mandarin collar with hidden buttons.

13859523a5d604650867708999b80e8400277aa7

The change is in cream, with a navy vertical stripe flanked by the same subliminated pattern found on the home flanking it. To my knowledge, no MLS team has had a cream jersey, so STL can be the first team to do so. The shirt also has hidden buttons, but with a band collar.

359bde079b4f51734c7dde4da8cbffd40e97b877

And the third has a chest band with the archway pattern on it and a crew collar. All of the kits here have the "Flame de Lys" on the back of the jersey and on the socks, a 1764 jocktag (the date of the foundation of St Louis) and on the inside, the lyric "The Lights are Shining" from Meet me in Saint Louis.

(For the record, not every team will have kits that have the same jock tag, sock logos and phrase on the inside of the shirt)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

St Louis F.C

From the oldest to the newest, we have the team from St Louis. I decided on the name St Louis F.C instead of Saint Louis CITY SC because it sounded nicer and had a better flow. I also decided to keep the shade of "red" the team uses and also the blue, because they absolutely pop together.

FTR , I do like the SLC crest and the new home they revealed, but I wanted something that had a "Flame de Lys" on it and had a lot more navy on it because the two colours work great together.

spacer.png

The crest has the "Flame de Lys" from the crest of the defunct AC St Louis. Around it are the Gateway arch and a mound with the letters STL on it in ARB-187 Moderne, with wave peaks representing the Mississippi and the Missouri Rivers. Under it is F.C in ARB-187 Moderne. To go with the blue and "City Red", the accent colour of cream was chosen due to just wanting something different from either white or a shade of yellow/gold.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/4ffe84204ea852a8d6fe424f50202e6d/12a39c9ed88be468-bb/s2048x3072/c7b464e4d080a54662b430ace6b09f46f0b83e72.pnj

The home has thin stripes on the front with a pattern inspired by the Gateway arch, in particular the three rows of panels. For the stockings, we have navy with the CITY Red turnovers and spiral socks for clashes of hose.  The shirt has a mandarin collar with hidden buttons.

13859523a5d604650867708999b80e8400277aa7

The change is in cream, with a navy vertical stripe flanked by the same subliminated pattern found on the home flanking it. To my knowledge, no MLS team has had a cream jersey, so STL can be the first team to do so. The shirt also has hidden buttons, but with a band collar.

359bde079b4f51734c7dde4da8cbffd40e97b877

And the third has a chest band with the archway pattern on it and a crew collar. All of the kits here have the "Flame de Lys" on the back of the jersey and on the socks, a 1764 jocktag (the date of the foundation of St Louis) and on the inside, the lyric "The Lights are Shining" from Meet me in Saint Louis.

(For the record, not every team will have kits that have the same jock tag, sock logos and phrase on the inside of the shirt)

Interested to see how you plan on distinguishing them from the Chicago Fire.

spacer.png

spacer.png

A good step up in your font choices for St Louis compared to your old version, and smart to go outline-less at home. I like the pinkish-cream away color quite a bit. Also, the home and away are fine, but those stripy socks are making me wish for a diagonal stripes jersey as the third! 

Still kinda feeling the empty space of that Crew logo from before... How would just the hard hat as the crest be? Also I like the yellow and white jerseys quite a bit; I'd personally prefer those as home and away, since the black kit is sorta plain. I like the number font choice and the arched name on back a lot!

Maybe getting ahead of myself with those colorways... Excited to see my Sounders in those gorgeous shades of blue & green, and curious what's going on with Austin in orange & purple and Nashville in peach. Also, just one NY team, eh? Kinda funny that New Orleans appears to get a team before Sacramento or NY team 2 : P

Back to the thread after a pretty hectic week.

On 2022-12-19 at 1:23 AM, neo_prankster said:

Nice work on both!

Thanks!

On 2022-12-19 at 6:06 AM, mrcubfan415 said:

Interested to see how you plan on distinguishing them from the Chicago Fire.

The rebrand of the Chicago Fire was quite simply a travesty, and I, never in a million years, was going to keep Fire as a navy blue team. The colours and logos would have made STL and Fire distinct anyway, but they will be even more distinct when I rectify the mistake of the teams rebrand.

On 2022-12-25 at 7:24 AM, vtgco said:

A good step up in your font choices for St Louis compared to your old version, and smart to go outline-less at home. I like the pinkish-cream away color quite a bit. Also, the home and away are fine, but those stripy socks are making me wish for a diagonal stripes jersey as the third! 

Still kinda feeling the empty space of that Crew logo from before... How would just the hard hat as the crest be? Also I like the yellow and white jerseys quite a bit; I'd personally prefer those as home and away, since the black kit is sorta plain. I like the number font choice and the arched name on back a lot!

Maybe getting ahead of myself with those colorways... Excited to see my Sounders in those gorgeous shades of blue & green, and curious what's going on with Austin in orange & purple and Nashville in peach. Also, just one NY team, eh? Kinda funny that New Orleans appears to get a team before Sacramento or NY team 2 : P

I'll work something out for a diagonal stripes jersey for an alternative third. And you're right with the Crew - the yellow should be the home.

As for the upcoming teams, there isn't a NOLA team, and while I wish I could put a team in the Big Easy, couldn't bring myself to boot out any of the current East Division teams, and the colours shown are the finest combo that peyote can buy.

The colour for Nashville was picked from a Fender colour chart and I decided on violet for Austin over green due to one of the nicknames of the city.  There is only one NY team in this universe, as MLS got their hands on a certain name and the owners of Manchester City decided against buying a Franchise. 

As for Sacramento, the Republic should be in there, guess I have a tough decision to make.

And now onto the next team......

Real Salt Lake
76ff5c7a7a4f59a1d71160ac3a8894a2c935eff8

I decided to keep the Real name, as the highest point in Utah is Kings Peak, so the team name could be retconned and the team named after the mountain. The crest here consists of the Sego Lily, the state flower of Utah, with the state mammal of the Rocky Mountain Elk in between the petals and RSL in Amagro font. The main colours stay Claret Red and Cobalt Blue,  with light gold as the third colour.

2670b8622c977307841ead015dc9c3ddabd85167

The home has cobalt blue sleeves and shorts, and the main body of the shirt has a subtle pattern consisting of peaks and the sego lily found on the new Salt Lake City flag. The jocktag is the crown found on the current crest, and on the inside of the shirt is the slogan BELIEVE. For this kit, and the road and third, the font used for the name and number is Scantype Black.

4a8c45afecaebe9289cbfd9d518e8bc4452d4323

The change also has the Sego Lily pattern, this time just on the front, the main colour is light gold, with navy blue as the second colour and a darker gold from the Salt Lake City flag.

08675af8ab79fdab844c9ab252bf8120b5ff5a4c

The third is inspired by the flag of Salt Lake City. The new flag for the city is really nice and a huge improvement over the previous flag, so a flag based kit was always going to be an option, and like the home, the kit has a pair of hooped socks.

Real Salt Lake have a great colour combination, but could do with a refresh of their brand that draws more on Utah iconography, and hopefully the concept here does just that.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Sorry for the delay everyone.

On 2022-12-31 at 10:07 PM, woody86 said:

Great job on the RSL quest. Given they play in Sandy (suburb), they likely wouldn’t make a ton of nods to the city itself. That said, love the creativity!

Thanks! The new flag for SLC is excellent, the moment I saw it I thought that RSL should really do a flag based kit, and hopefully that will happen sometime. And I get that they play in a suburb of SLC, but the Fire play in a suburb of Chicago and the Union play in a suburb of Philly, and both have released jerseys with a lot of referances to their titular cities, so I could someday see Real put more nods to SLC in their jerseys.

Speaking of Philly.......

Philadelphia Union

aaa77a806c62f281fc8ba06234f119eeeef80756

The Union have a really strong crest, but I've always wanted to see them use a version of their simplified crest on their jersey. The central band has been widened and rendered in a brighter shade of gold than the dirty looking one the team originally used, with Union (Slightly modified Labor Union font) in the same shade. The dark blue used is a  slightly lighter shade than the team has used, and the dark blue and gold are paired with a shade of powder blue, which is kept separate from the gold.

a588ed89d78b8ed244486db9b7e9e833932dffa8

The vertical central stripe returns on the home, with a tonal jagged lightning bolt graphic and a woven edge. The first choice shorts are white, a first for Union. A stylized cloverleaf is the Jocktag, inspired by the team anthem. On the inside of the shirt is the motto of Philadelphia in Labor Union font and a green and blue splatter graphic, and on the back is the Liberty Bell.

The font used for the name and number is Union Agrochem.

78a2ca95510773bf0aab7b8a93ef0de0b5ad5be9

The change is white, with light blue stripes (with one shade being the signal blue the club currently uses), blue shorts and a choice of either light blue or white socks. The stripes on the shirt and socks have a lightning bolt pattern, and the Jock Tag is "We Are One" (used on shirts previously) and on the inside of the shirt is "jungite aut perite", the club motto.

c0ec7e1aa8974a63c4e00f37408b556663bfaa7b

The third jersey is gold with dark blue trim, and has the same shorts and socks as the home, though the gold socks with navy turnovers are the first choice. The jersey has front and back horizontal tonal stripes in the same style as the graphic on the home.
While the Union have a strong look, when I think of Philly Union, the central band comes to mind and there is a lot of mileage that Union can stil get out of it, and I hope one day they return to that look.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

On 12/30/2022 at 5:37 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

As for the upcoming teams, there isn't a NOLA team, and while I wish I could put a team in the Big Easy, couldn't bring myself to boot out any of the current East Division teams, and the colours shown are the finest combo that peyote can buy.

Ah well if it's Phoenix, that'd make the first one something other than Arizona as I'd assumed... Trying to think what else could come that early alphabetically! Albuquerque? Intrigued to find out!

I quite like the shade of gold used for the Salt Lake away kit, and the blue home socks are really nice; you make a good case that the hooped socks suit RSL better than they did for Colorado!

Really great idea to include the lightning bolts in the crest for Philly! If anything, I'd make them a bit more obvious! You could taper the outlines to a point at the shield's bottom even more, or you could replace that blue arc with a Chargers-style arc-shaped bolt! That away jersey is quite nice, and though the white shorts at home are kinda odd I think they work okay. I think navy/navy + gold socks is still my first choice though...

Good work!

On 2023-01-07 at 1:31 PM, vtgco said:

I quite like the shade of gold used for the Salt Lake away kit, and the blue home socks are really nice; you make a good case that the hooped socks suit RSL better than they did for Colorado!

Really great idea to include the lightning bolts in the crest for Philly! If anything, I'd make them a bit more obvious! You could taper the outlines to a point at the shield's bottom even more, or you could replace that blue arc with a Chargers-style arc-shaped bolt! That away jersey is quite nice, and though the white shorts at home are kinda odd I think they work okay. I think navy/navy + gold socks is still my first choice though...

Good work!

Thanks! I got the idea for using white shorts for Philly from Boca Juniors and Fenerbahçe, the former played in white shorts in many of their early seasons and Fener have traditionally worn white shorts with their Canary Yellow and Navy shirts.

Most teams suit hooped socks and I think that both RSL and Colorado suit them, I'll be using them for at least one set for the Rapids for sure. Apart from the three stripes on the turnover, the following team will be the only one in the West Division that doesn't have a set of hooped socks now that St Louis is in the East. In this Universe, the Austin Aztex stayed in Austin and rebranded, and MLS, after Tampa got a kick in the grass, decided not to give Orlando an MLS team. They have to make do with an MLSII team till they make the playoff and beat the lowest placed East Division team. (I will have the MLSII teams finalised next week).

On 2023-01-07 at 1:31 PM, vtgco said:

Ah well if it's Phoenix, that'd make the first one something other than Arizona as I'd assumed... Trying to think what else could come that early alphabetically! Albuquerque?

You're God Damn Right.

Albuquerque Sol FC

32a914e7c7a86f76c026e664f7226f0d17ca046a

I like the black and yellow main colours for New Mexico United, but find everything else underwhelming about the team, and find the name Albuquerque Sol far more evocative, so thats the one thats used, and in this universe, its the one the team entered MLS with. The Black and Yellow stay and are the two main colours, but are joined by Red (from the flag of New Mexico and Albuquerque) and Turquoise (the state mineral of NM) on the crest. The centerpiece of the crest is the Zia sun symbol with an old style football at the center.

The triangle pattern is taken from the Seal of Albuquerque, and the font used is HFF Beer Van, a font with a little western flair was a must for ABQ.

e35066fd0e116648ff3464133efa56444f22e614

Just like the current NMU home, the first choice is black shirt, shorts and socks, but has a few extra colours added. In four rows on the shirt, two on the first choice socks and one on the second is a pattern with the five colours (Violet, Pink, Turquoise, Orange and Green) from the logo for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. The pattern was inspired by Southwestern art. The jock tag is the date of the foundation of Albuquerque taken from the city flag. On the inside of the collar is "The 505" and the pattern found on the crest, and on the back, the Zia sun symbol as found on the Seal of Bernalillo County.

0f0e4274467f6f68f4c2ff59c6a2476231960280

The change is a white version of the home, with all of the same features.

870307dbf05cf7ba5c66195a6c43243063ef586a

The third has the triangle pattern across the chest

Currently NMU have a great colour combination in Black and Yellow, but adding a touch of the southwest/weird west could do wonders for their identity.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

• VampyrRabbit changed the title to MLS 32 Project - Albuquerque Sol

Albuquerque looks good! Definitely an upgrade on the low-effort Rapids-knockoff crest the Sol currently have and the NM United crest. The old ball/Zia sun combo is excellent, as is the triangle-patterned border... but I think the overall logo has a touch of Inter Miami/Sounders syndrome where the stack of two major crest shapes is kinda odd. I would prefer to ditch the outer shape in favor of a diamond-shaped logo overall (a la HSV), maybe with the text running diagonally along the four sides.

The jerseys are excellent, and NM United should totally adopt them as-is, but in the context of MLS maybe a bit more red or teal could differentiate them from the Crew.

Excellent work!

• Like 1

On 2023-01-17 at 10:54 PM, vtgco said:

Albuquerque looks good! Definitely an upgrade on the low-effort Rapids-knockoff crest the Sol currently have and the NM United crest. The old ball/Zia sun combo is excellent, as is the triangle-patterned border... but I think the overall logo has a touch of Inter Miami/Sounders syndrome where the stack of two major crest shapes is kinda odd. I would prefer to ditch the outer shape in favor of a diamond-shaped logo overall (a la HSV), maybe with the text running diagonally along the four sides.

The jerseys are excellent, and NM United should totally adopt them as-is, but in the context of MLS maybe a bit more red or teal could differentiate them from the Crew.

Excellent work!

Thanks!

I totally get the strange effect of two different crest shapes, but I decided that it went with Sol being one of three "Weird West" teams in the league and decided on the full crest for the shirt.

And I did alt home and away versions, one set with more red and another with more teal/turquoise.

Spoiler

Red

b392b3469a084e007fcc335cac1703644e2950ee

169063c78bfb7b8131e6aa55e47545ea6b70368a

Spoiler

Teal/Turquoise

9e1532939cbe79cb9481617c3edd1003d77371c6

6612ca2e9104a41c3e1116460cc3843029e42a75

I like both versions, but prefer the red accented set.

And now onto the next team, the "oldest" in the league.......

FC Dallas Tornado

Considering that the team were NASL Champions in 1971 and were founded by Lamar Hunt (though they were never moved the needle like the Rowdies or Cosmos attendance wise), it was surprising that Dallas didn't follow the lead of San Jose and go with a NASL name for their 2004 rebrand, a year after Lamar Hunt brought the Franchise. FC Dallas had a similar colour scheme to the Tornado, with Shawnee Silver replacing the sky blue of the NASL team, but I wish the team had used sky blue too, so I decided that using similar colours to the team that existed from 1967 to 1981 (and predated the NASL) was the way to go.

f7357f2726e3b6c0853ed5fe632bff04e0fffa65

The current FC Dallas logo is an excellent design and has held up very well for the better part of two decades now, so the Tornado logo is mostly the same as the current FC Dallas logo, with the exception of more red, shield shape and script. The Tornado script is Noto Serif, similar to the NASL 1978-81 Tornado wordmark, the Dallas and 67 - 95 (the year the USA team started play and the year the current team was founded) in Staubach font.

The colours are white, sky blue, and red from the original Dallas Tornado, and a similar shade of Navy from the current FC Dallas colour scheme.

76cd353509ee72c843c59c60b1f8dfcb58621841

bed5a2370b402b52a044114564d7a97484b2a958

The home and road were inspired by the 73-75 Tornado jerseys, with a hooped design that continues on the back. The hoops are woven on the main body, and subliminated on the side panels on the jersey and shorts. On the inside of the collar is the 78-81 Tornado wordmark, and above that is the pattern taken from the Dallas Centennial Hall.

On the back of the shirt is a twister in the shape of a T in the four club colours, an LH patch is on the sleeve, and on the socks, a D inspired by the 67-81 logo with a Twister in the negative space. The name and numbers are in the Staubach font.

f69763cdec80e16fd84e571f233c607255339912

The third is inspired by the 1971 and 72 road uniforms, and has the pattern from the Centennial Hall on the front, 3 in red and 1 on the blue chestband. The decision to incorporate that pattern was inspired by this FC Dallas concept by Vtgco.

It's a shame that the Tornado name wasn't revived, nor was their colour scheme. I do like the current one that FC Dallas uses, but the red, white and sky blue of the NASL Tornado and the navy of FC Dallas, and keeping the hoops, would have been a great colour scheme.

• Like 2

• VampyrRabbit changed the title to MLS 32 Project - Dallas Tornado
On 1/22/2023 at 4:16 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

I like both versions, but prefer the red accented set.

Agreed. Looks way better with the red.

I'm usually on board with the Charlotte Hornets / SJ Earthquakes model of resurrecting old names, and "Dallas Tornado" is certainly a better name than "FC Dallas" IMO...

But keeping the bull logo almost as-is, as nice as it is, with such limited Tornado-themed branding doesn't really work with that name in my mind.

To be honest, you could probably just use that excellent D + tornado logo as the primary crest! Or if you're really hoping to keep the logo mostly as-is, you could at least change the Burn flame to a tornado... I'm also curious if the years could go to the left and right of the bull, with the "Dallas" below "Tornado."

Other than that, the jerseys are excellent! Hopefully Chicago doesn't look too similar to that third though. Funny coincidence about the Centennial Hall pattern lol.

On 2023-01-27 at 10:34 PM, vtgco said:

Agreed. Looks way better with the red.

I'm usually on board with the Charlotte Hornets / SJ Earthquakes model of resurrecting old names, and "Dallas Tornado" is certainly a better name than "FC Dallas" IMO...

But keeping the bull logo almost as-is, as nice as it is, with such limited Tornado-themed branding doesn't really work with that name in my mind.

To be honest, you could probably just use that excellent D + tornado logo as the primary crest! Or if you're really hoping to keep the logo mostly as-is, you could at least change the Burn flame to a tornado... I'm also curious if the years could go to the left and right of the bull, with the "Dallas" below "Tornado."

Other than that, the jerseys are excellent! Hopefully Chicago doesn't look too similar to that third though. Funny coincidence about the Centennial Hall pattern lol.

Thanks, I did try to get the years to the sides of the bull, but whatever I tried, it always looked off-kilter due to the font and the size of the red space. I was also fine with the crest not having any Tornado imagery (similar to how there are no rapids on the current Rapids logo), but I was curious to see how the D and Twister logo looked as the primary crest.

Spoiler

39cef46c9df50cb7fe42b8812057fb43bac34e2e

d7a1d695eceeb07f127bb5c8f134ea28fb55dd1a

c546e255bd53d97ce48839104125f301961cb52c

I actually like it more than the sets with the Toro logo. And I did see the FC Dallas home with the pattern before I designed them. The pattern is awesome and I was going to use it for all three uniforms as it was just too nice to use just once, but when I decided to go all in on a Tornado reboot and added a fourth colour to the mix, I just used it for the third as a major design feature as adding the pattern on the home and change would have looked too busy. I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't inspired by your home design, and I should have given credit. Sorry for not doing so.

As for The Fire, I'll probably be sticking with the red shirt with a white chestband, as that is the definative look for the team, and out of all the original 10 MLS teams, the Fire got the closest to a timeless look and brand at the first time of asking. As for the second closest........

D.C. United

1617cfcb849edbb0d454c0ea125cb1f25c8a127c

Most of the current imagery was kept, the eagle stays mostly intact, with the star from the second logo above the DC lettering, with the outline of the capitol dome above it. The shade of red used is a more cherry shade and on the bottom bar is a simplified pink cherry blossom from the logo of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. The font for the United script is Bubble & Thunder.

1b287541f1a185a1ff7da16980b882e430dd13c3

The home is in the traditional black, with red trim on the cuffs and collar. The chestband has a block gradient woven into the shirt that goes from cherry red to white, and on the inside of the jersey, there is a hangar effect that has "THE DISTRICT" and cherry blossoms from the crest. The jock tag is an outline of DC with a cherry blossom outside. The first choice shorts and socks are black, with red shorts  (with three white hoops!) and white socks if D.C. want to party like it's 1996.

f69b942f4365e9c2cd8667ba7209cd5d60343f81

The change is in pink and washington blue, with a sublimated cherry blossom pattern on the front.

d97f73e437fff14f322233bc1d6944e3c25bacbd

The third is in white with the same woven block colour chestband as the home, with red shorts and white socks as the first choice.

D.C. United had a strong brand that only needed slight tweaks from the get-go, and I wanted to add some imagery from the Capitol and the Cherry blossom festival to their brand.

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1

• VampyrRabbit changed the title to MLS 32 Project - D.C. United

Love the jerseys for DC! No complaints other than I wish the blossoms were a touch more visible on the road. Those colors are really nice!

I like the added cherry blossom, the new "United" font is solid, and the new shield works alright on the logo. However, the Capitol doesn't work well for me so high up there, and I'd rather see it lowered with the point just above the eagle's head, or incorporated into the flag somehow (arched striping?), or removed entirely. The "DC" could be in the same font and line as "United," or you could shrink the flag stars and put the D & C between them.

Dallas looks great with the D+tornado logo!

On 1/28/2023 at 3:48 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

I was also fine with the crest not having any Tornado imagery (similar to how there are no rapids on the current Rapids logo), but I was curious to see how the D and Twister logo looked as the primary crest.

Lol I do think that's an issue with the Rapids logo though

On 2023-01-31 at 8:02 AM, vtgco said:

Love the jerseys for DC! No complaints other than I wish the blossoms were a touch more visible on the road. Those colors are really nice!

I like the added cherry blossom, the new "United" font is solid, and the new shield works alright on the logo. However, the Capitol doesn't work well for me so high up there, and I'd rather see it lowered with the point just above the eagle's head, or incorporated into the flag somehow (arched striping?), or removed entirely. The "DC" could be in the same font and line as "United," or you could shrink the flag stars and put the D & C between them.

Cheers, those are all pretty good ideas for the DC Crest, I'll definately come back to them.

On 2023-01-31 at 8:02 AM, vtgco said:

Lol I do think that's an issue with the Rapids logo though

I'll probably do something about that.

And from the US Capital to the Capital of California.....

Sacramento Republic

15518fa86ad5875b2a41a0e72f19a85f1649a5fa

I'm not a fan of the current Republic logo, which has so much empty space and a vertically squished star, and no quails. This version has two of the state birds either side of an unsquished star, and the date of the teams foundation.  The font used for the date of foundation and the Republic script is Dealerplate California, the one used for Sacramento and FC is California Signature Duo.

The claret and cream used here were taken and tweaked from the current logo, and as the team hail from the state capital of California, gold is added as a third colour.

b245ccaf4ecb372ca09f1f5a15a7424a729c232f

The first choice is claret with sash, but this time the sash contrasts, and either side has tonal pinstripes. The Jock Tag is a representation of Tower Bridge front-on with the Motto of Sacramento, Urbs Indomita, within the arch. On the back of the shirt and on the hose is an SR monogram, with the S using the Dealerplate California font and the R using the California Signature font.

46fc1312ab09bdc77d7497bd1ccc891fc41eb7bc

The change is a mostly colour flipped version of the home, with the option of claret shorts.

9218a3006d16285dcaeddfb76311a29167b97a52

The third has green sleeves and sash, a nod to the nickname of Sacramento as the City of Trees, and two shades of blue to recall the skies of California.

It's a shame that Sacramento looks likely to miss out on the MLS despite it looking pretty likely the team would be chosen during the last decade, and we won't get two Californian teams rocking the sash. Hopefully the flame won't go out and MLS pulls the trigger on Sactown, hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• VampyrRabbit changed the title to MLS 32 Project - Sacramento Republic

And from the Capital of California to the Capital of Country Music........

Nashville FC

3dff39915a086eaf6a64cb2feeed081f2d755c9d

I'm not a fan of the current Nashville SC crest, but I do feel that the team have something with the Soundwave N, and the crest here has a similar N with the crest shaped like a plectrum, with the soundwave N recalling the grip of a Big Stubby. The shade of gold, or rather butterscotch, used with the navy was chosen as similar to the original finish on the Fender Telecaster.

I chose FC over SC as I felt like FC rolled off the tongue nicer, and the font used is Backwoods.

b80248da6e3868d6ed9daff635dc80ebbd5e35c4

The home is inspired by the pre MLS gold jersey with white sleeves, with the gold shorts replaced with either navy or white shorts.  I chose the combination seen here as I felt that if Nashville had been chosen as a NASL franchise, they might have played in a similar style to this.

The body of the shirt has a pattern inspired by decoration found on the body of acoustic guitars. The jock tag is the "rolling stars" motif found on the Tennessee state flag, on the back of the shirt is an Iris taken from the seal of Nashville. A keyboard pattern is found on the inside of the shirt along with the tagline "Raise the Volume".

The font used for the name and number is Barbaro, as I felt like Nashville needed a Tuscan font somewhere on the kits.

bf19d6c0af6111e90f8d6336db4f58a709c3d0bf

The navy blue change has the same features as the home, but with a different acoustic guitar decorative inspired pattern on the main body.

0231154d1b6d1cc71260264a021ec0f38d80f025

The main colour of the third is that of the purple coneflower, with a brushstroke pattern on one half of the shirt and a "slip" inline with the crest.

I don't mind the colours used by Nashville SC, but I wish they had gone with a look more similar to the one they briefly had before joining MLS and embraced the Butterscotch.

• Like 2

• VampyrRabbit changed the title to MLS 32 Project - Nashville FC
  • 3 months later...

spacer.png

a17e783d8af08c8796ce1192de7b3b07ba12eae3

064d909f1430cb7ec8229cbba61393d636ef1da5

ce335d2b130e7253a1871628142ec768fb669186

Back to the project after quite a break, here are the kits for Colorado Rapids and a new emblem, with a football carried along by rapids in front of three mountains and a sun.

The home and road are both burgundy and sky, and both have a subtle pattern on them representing rapids, for the home the pattern is between the burgundy pinstripe pairs. On the inside of the home and road shirts is the rapids pattern and underneath is a slogan, "Look up to a Burgundy Sky" for the home and "Since 1996" for the road. The jock tag is a columbine flower.

The third is in gold and blue, with a recoloured crest.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• VampyrRabbit changed the title to MLS 32 Project - Colorado Rapids