NY Islanders Concept (Alternate added 4/13)

B-mer

for some reason I really liked the striping pattern on NYI's Reverse Retro this year, mainly from the socks where they were consistent. So I parlayed that into the jerseys for something a little different.  Also attempted an update to the logo using the updated NY, a new font and a little hidden lighthouse. 

spacer.png

• Like 7

• B-mer changed the title to NY Islanders Concept (Alternate added 4/13)

While the alternate somehow looked similar to what I did, I guess we all know what's the inspiration behind our designs.

You might want to either change the font or adjust the spacing of the "Islanders" on the logo, since it had some sort of a similar issue with the 2010-2019 Golden State Warriors logo (which has since been fixed with a font change and slightly adjustment on letter spacing), but the logo overall is a great modernization of what the Isles have for most of its existence.

Also, you might want to try changing the striping colors on the white jersey (navy-white-orange instead of navy-orange-navy, similar to the Detroit Pistons' striping on its association and icon uniforms), but it might replicate what the Isles already have.

Needless to say, all your concepts look great! The sublimated lighthouse on the "NY" is a clever idea, though. That's my favorite part of your concepts. 💙🧡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edjb93 said:

Also, you might want to try changing the striping colors on the white jersey (navy-white-orange instead of navy-orange-navy, similar to the Detroit Pistons' striping on its association and icon uniforms), but it might replicate what the Isles already have.

Yeah I wanted to steer them in a newer direction, and honestly I think the white jersey is my favorite of the two.