NHL Sock Series

StevenGrant94

Pittsburgh Penguins

spacer.png

This concept brings back the scarf-wearing Penguin logo, and the Penguins' old double blue colour scheme as well. The socks come from their mid 1970's uniforms.

As a reminder here's how this series works, each concept reuses a sock design the team has worn at some point in their history. My challenge is to make something new that still matches those socks.

The next concept in this series features a trumpet!

• Like 1

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

St. Louis Blues

spacer.png

The striping pattern for this concept comes from the socks the Blues wore in the early 2000's. I also recoloured their trumpet logo and used it on the front of the jersey.

Up next is one of my favourite concepts of this series!

• Like 4

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

San Jose Sharks

spacer.png

The Sharks' early 2000's white socks didn't feature any black, which I think works really well to represent the ocean. So I used that striping pattern on the jersey, and added a wave design to the sleeves.

The Kraken and their anchor logo are up next!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Meh 1

17 hours ago, B-mer said:

Sharks is cool. Nicely done. I have a feeling I know what the Kraken will be and if I’m right I can’t wait. 

Thanks! As for the Kraken, I'm guessing you were picturing something like this (not many options for them in this series)...

Seattle Kraken

spacer.png

It seems like Kraken fans want to see the anchor logo on the front of a jersey someday, so that's what I did here. The striping pattern comes from the socks of their Reverse Retro jersey.

Tomorrow's team is Tampa Bay!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/10/2023 at 12:15 AM, StevenGrant94 said:

Here's the aforementioned version of the Kings concept with their vintage crown and a less modern number font (also their original shield as the shoulder logo)...

spacer.png

If the NHL is psychotic enough to put a Winter Classic in a warm climate venue, the Kings should wear these to the event. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

4 hours ago, StevenGrant94 said:

Thanks! As for the Kraken, I'm guessing you were picturing something like this (not many options for them in this series)...

Seattle Kraken

spacer.png

It seems like Kraken fans want to see the anchor logo on the front of a jersey someday, so that's what I did here. The striping pattern comes from the socks of their Reverse Retro jersey.

Tomorrow's team is Tampa Bay!

Exactly and it looks great. 

• Like 1

Toronto Maple Leafs

spacer.png

For the Maple Leafs I chose the socks they wore during the late 1920's. The logo is the earliest version of their leaf logo.

Next up is a return to the West-Coast-Express-era for the Vancouver Canucks!

• Like 3

Vancouver Canucks

spacer.png

This Canucks concept combines the colour scheme (and sock design) from their original orca jerseys, with the V on the sleeve stripes from their inaugural jerseys, and their current stick-in-the-rink logo (and number font).

The Golden Knights are coming up next!

• Like 2

Vegas Golden Knights

spacer.png

I didn't have many options for the Golden Knights, so I went with a traditional design using their Reverse Retro 1.0 socks.

Tomorrow we head to Washington D.C. for the penultimate concept of this series!

• Like 1

Washington Capitals

spacer.png

There have been many concepts over the years which use the Capitals' Weagle logo on a navy blue jersey. This one reuses the home socks they wore after the switch to Reebok Edge jerseys in 2007.

Tomorrow this series ends with a Jets concept!

• Like 4

Winnipeg Jets

spacer.png

For Winnipeg I went with their road socks, but I ditched the navy blue from the rest of the uniform. The stripes are angled to match the wordmark logo, and the numbers are angled to match the stripes.

That's the end of this series! Thanks for following along, I had a lot of fun making these concepts!